Federico Fazio

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just saw his interview on Spurs TV and he called us Tottingham so that's solid confirmation he's a quality Argentinian IMO. Now we just need to figure out about his singing voice and make a cup run.

Can't wait to hear him and Sandro jam
federicofazio_.jpeg

I think he'll roughly end up like Mertesacker. A big fucker who isn't always most coordinated and will occasionally get caught out by quickness and speed. However, he'll add enough in other facets and reads the game well enough that he largely keeps himself out of bad situations. I also think speed can be a bit overrated in center backs. Chiriches is one of our faster center backs and he got absolutely toasted for speed by Sessengnon during the West Brom game this year. At the end of the day, if you put a CB versus an attacker in sprint the attacker will win 85-90% of the time. The key for CBs is keeping yourself out of situations like that.

Ultimately, my guess is that when Fazio fucks up it will look really bad because it will either have to do being caught out by speed and quickness or doing something slightly clumsy because of how large he is. But if he can limit the amount of times those mistakes happen like Mertesacker does, he will be really solid for us.

oY7vA.gif

Would be nice to see him soften up Balotelli on Saturday
Weird, that looks like CCTV footage of me vs. a mugger last week.

I'm on the side of "we need a couple of aggressive players" rather than a team of pussy's. If they're up for a fight it shows in the football, and can intimidate opponents that ARE full of pussy's (like the goons). I'm not talking a 20-man brawl everyweek but just a little bit of edge in those tight games..

"I was captain there (at Sevilla), I was the reference for the players there. I was only going to leave for a good option, so when Tottenham came in for me it was a very good move. I wanted to try another league and a club like Spurs is one of the best in the world. Spurs was best option for me because it’s very important team in England and Premier League. I’m very happy to be here."

image.png

This week's Spot The Mistake: Player C is the goal scorer - Who should have been picking him up? Is It

Player A - who is three feet away and looking directly at him.

Or

Player B - who is as a left back is 60 yards from the ball being played down the wing, and 30 yards from the goal scorer.

Well many of you phoned in to have a go, but only 1 person got it right - it is, in fact, Player B. Bad luck everyone else, but thanks for trying. More football fun next week.

Last edited:
The video clearly shows Rose was involved. Deal with it.

rosedefininlike_zps5830da52.jpg
I'd say that goal all came about because of Dier getting mugged off halfway up the pitch on our right and not being able to get back into position. Therefore the CB's had to come across. Can't blame Rose for that one. IMO Dier was the catalyst for both goals. Pardew recognised that Dier was tired and, coupled with being slow, was a chink. He put Ameobi on on the left to do just what he did for the first and Sissoko went by him like he wasn't there, then held of a knackered Capoue, before passing it wide for the cross. If Dier would not have been struggling, embarrassingly waddling back then he would have been covering the player who crossed it.

Why not blame Chadli for missing a sitter making it 2-0 in the first or Eriksen for dallying when he should have shot first time, actually from a great ball by Rose, in the 2nd to put us 2-1 up?
Rose, was arguably our best attacking player, along with Mason.
Singling out Rose for Perez's goal is pathetic.

A brain fart away from a near perfect performance today. Not easy for me to say as I have mentioned once or twice his failings on here but I thought he was really solid today. Right up until that give away for their second. However, huge improvement and I hope he carries it on.

We might even score from corners.

:adeohshit:

I'm just happy we've finally figured out how to stop conceding them. We were a set piece goal factory in 2012-13. Every time we gave up a corner I would feel this sinking feeling in my gut, and far too many times that feeling ended up replaced with exasperation rather than surprise.

Last edited:
Good point worth bringing up actually. Anyone aware of how he does in the box on set pieces per year? Contribute a count or the rarity every few years?
Not sure but at the end of last year eriksens dead balls were lethal hopefully that's an area we'll improve on and that fazio will help in improving.. And sometimes its just the threat of having to defend a big guy that creates chances from set pieces by defensive lapses

Back
Top Bottom