Fergie stepping down at united.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Calling out replacing (possibly) the best manager ever with a consistent also-ran

vs

Picking random numbers at odds of a billion to one

:bentley:

I was semi worried about Bale wanting to join United on Monday, zero chance of that now.

Can never know really. Doubt anybody thought Redknapp would take us to the CL, but it happened. It'd be hard to compare any manager to Ferguson, he's probably the best there's ever been.

Can never know really. Doubt anybody thought Redknapp would take us to the CL, but it happened. It'd be hard to compare any manager to Ferguson, he's probably the best there's ever been.

I'm pretty confident in calling that United are worse off with Moyes than they would be with Ferguson (or maybe Mourinho as replacement), more more so than I am at picking lottery numbers.

This is a massive fuck up for them, I think they've let Ferguson pick his own replacement.......not a good move when you are dealing with a dictatorial egomaniac......

"We'll Geoff it'd be a triffic job. Any manager in the world would have to think about it. But ya know I've got a contract at qpr so it would be difficult. It's all dahn to the chairman really."

I'm pretty confident in calling that United are worse off with Moyes than they would be with Ferguson (or maybe Mourinho as replacement)

Right, fair enough, I just don't think there's a manager available who wouldn't leave them like that. I think if Ferguson has seen someone who he can consider a replacement for that specific club, then it's worth giving him a go before calling him a flop. You just simply cannot know how it'll turn out.

Right, fair enough, I just don't think there's a manager available who wouldn't leave them like that. I think if Ferguson has seen someone who he can consider a replacement for that specific club, then it's worth giving him a go before calling him a flop. You just simply cannot know how it'll turn out.

I think there are plenty of better choices than Moyes who would all jump at the chance to manage Utd (maybe not as Ferguson's immediate successor though - which is probably why he'll get the job)

This may be selfish but this is good for tottenham because next year Man U will go through a transition and Everton won't be the same without Moyes so I think almost certainly we will finish top 4 or maybe even have a title push I could see 1. City 2. Chelski 3. Spurs 4. Scum maybe we even finish 2n. Yes I do realize how far away this is but one can dream. :bale2:

Calling out replacing (possibly) the best manager ever with a consistent also-ran

vs

Picking random numbers at odds of a billion to one

:bentley:

I was semi worried about Bale wanting to join United on Monday, zero chance of that now.

Actually the chances of winning the lottery are 1 in 13,983,816.

Anyone want to start a 'Neville brothers to co-manage' rumour? Got to be more plausible than Phil Brown.

This is a massive fuck up for them, I think they've let Ferguson pick his own replacement.......not a good move when you are dealing with a dictatorial egomaniac......
...or the person who knows more about managing a football club (and, specifically, Man United) than anyone else in the world. Anyway, I don't think he's picked his replacement - just had a lot of input into who he gets replaced by. Mourinho is expensive to bring in (£20 million apparently) so Fergie can't just say - 'I'll have him.'

...or the person who knows more about managing a football club (and, specifically, Man United) than anyone else in the world. Anyway, I don't think he's picked his replacement - just had a lot of input into who he gets replaced by. Mourinho is expensive to bring in (£20 million apparently) so Fergie can't just say - 'I'll have him.'

I think it's got a lot more to do with money than people think. If Mourhino came in he would want to completely change the team and put his stamp on it. Moyes is more likely to be happy to play with the cards he has been dealt, and work with their current squad.

I think it's got a lot more to do with money than people think. If Mourhino came in he would want to completely change the team and put his stamp on it. Moyes is more likely to be happy to play with the cards he has been dealt, and work with their current squad.
People talk like it's football manager and that fucking annoys me. Even if it's Man United, Mourinho will probably leave within 5 seasons anyway and what if United want some more stability than that? As you say, they may have already set a budget out for the incoming manager and Mourinho might rather go to Chelsea and spend £100 million on Falcao and a few others (qunts).

None of us know what it happening at boardroom level. There are so many factors to consider when attempting to appoint a new manager that you can't just cherrypick anyone from another club.

Actually the chances of winning the lottery are 1 in 13,983,816.

Anyone want to start a 'Neville brothers to co-manage' rumour? Got to be more plausible than Phil Brown.

Becks as player manager - 'a new dawn' (also part of a new cologne range).

NAILED ON

People talk like it's football manager and that fucking annoys me. Even if it's Man United, Mourinho will probably leave within 5 seasons anyway and what if United want some more stability than that? As you say, they may have already set a budget out for the incoming manager and Mourinho might rather go to Chelsea and spend £100 million on Falcao and a few others (qunts).

None of us know what it happening at boardroom level. There are so many factors to consider when attempting to appoint a new manager that you can't just cherrypick anyone from another club.

Mourinho has unfinished business at Chelsea, I think he has a point to prove there. And like you said he never stays anywhere very long and United want stability. Moyes is also happy working within his means. Mourinho would want to spend buckets.

The league should be pretty interesting next year, can see United taking a bit of time to adjust to the changes, can see City and Chelsea spending BIG. Will be interesting to see what Moyes does with any cash given to him, will he cherry pick Baines and Fellaini from Everton? Who will he keep and who will he flog. We know him and Rooney have a beef, so I think he will be gone. Will Nani stay? Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs?

Mourinho has unfinished business at Chelsea, I think he has a point to prove there. And like you said he never stays anywhere very long and United want stability. Moyes is also happy working within his means. Mourinho would want to spend buckets.

The league should be pretty interesting next year, can see United taking a bit of time to adjust to the changes, can see City and Chelsea spending BIG. Will be interesting to see what Moyes does with any cash given to him, will he cherry pick Baines and Fellaini from Everton? Who will he keep and who will he flog. We know him and Rooney have a beef, so I think he will be gone. Will Nani stay? Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs?
The big stumbling block for Mourinho at Chelsea would be his working relationship with Abramovich. I'm not sure how that will work out if he goes there, but he may have a couple of good seasons and jump ship and head back to mainland Europe. If he gets a few more trophies there and a massive sum in his wallet then maybe he won't care so much.

The big stumbling block for Mourinho at Chelsea would be his working relationship with Abramovich. I'm not sure how that will work out if he goes there, but he may have a couple of good seasons and jump ship and head back to mainland Europe. If he gets a few more trophies there and a massive sum in his wallet then maybe he won't care so much.

Can't see him working well with Emanalo either, though he could be pushed out.

Assuming Rooney goes as well.....

WOULD YA?

Mind you, it seems more than likely he'll end up at Chelsea, but hypothetically, y'know, WOULD YA?

Back
Top Bottom