Fergie stepping down at united.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Man Utd appoint him - that is their decision and one in line with their (long-term) objectives - much like signing a specific player who fits within a carefully moulded setup. And because he might be successful there (potentially) does not mean he would have been able to replicate it over here - and vice versa of course
I agree completely. But many thought that Moyes didn't have the experience to manage a supposed 'big club' like us which is such a deluded opinion given the status that Everton hold within English football. It would hardly have been that big of a step up and he would have been easily been able to cope with the 'pressure.' If United appoint them then it throws that theory right out of the window as he would become manager of the second-biggest club in the world and take over from the best manager of the last 30 years!

What? That makes absolutely no sense. So AVB should be blamed for us selling VDV and Modric?

Everton have to sell players on a consistent basis to remain financially solvent it seems. The fact that Moyes keeps them as a top 8 team despite losing £70m worth of talent as you say (most of which he bought for a fraction of that price I might add) and not being given the money to replace them shows that he's an excellent manager.

I wasnt saying he shouldnt have sold them, I was saying that he hasnt spent the money that well.

I also think he has had some greatly talented players there, but has them playing like a shit team. His strength is that he has uncovered a good few hidden gems, but the shoestring argument is bollox imo.

I wasnt saying he shouldnt have sold them, I was saying that he hasnt spent the money that well.
Surely he has? He has let go of Arteta and Rodwell in recent seasons and has kept them in a similar position without them. To compete with a club like Liverpool who have been throwing around money the last few years and have arguably the best striker in the league at their disposal is very good.

Surely he has? He has let go of Arteta and Rodwell in recent seasons and has kept them in a similar position without them. To compete with a club like Liverpool who have been throwing around money the last few years and have arguably the best striker in the league at their disposal is very good.

To be fair, Liverpool are fucking shite

Why do you break down everything I say so much. Ok So Arry never spent? It was Spurs?

King Kenny never spent? It was Liverpool?

Come on man, play the game. And I put MILLIONS because people always act as though Moyes only ever had a few pork scratchings to trade with come the summer and January, yet when you consider he (or if you prefer, Everton) had 55M from the sale of only Lescott and Rooney, I dont see the argument.

Wheres the 24M from Arteta and Rodwell?

You also never see the irony either.

Doesn't mean it's not there though. :adegrin:

Moyes knows how to win whilst never relying on good football, that's completely secondary. United seems a good fit:vdvhmm:
sadly true, and would probably hold him in good stead at Man U.

To be fair, half the fans probably wouldn't notice anyway, they'll just think it's the same manager with a wig.

I guess it will all depend on if the broadcasters change the voice over person in Asia-Pacific region.

There is no way in hell it will be Mourinho, what are you people smoking? Man United have no appetite for a mercenary hire who thinks he's bigger than the club and will leave it a smoldering wreck in 3-4 years.

There is no way in hell it will be Mourinho, what are you people smoking? Man United have no appetite for a mercenary hire who thinks he's bigger than the club and will leave it a smoldering wreck in 3-4 years.
Decent point, but I don't think he'll think he's bigger than Utd. And he wants to live in England.

If he wants to live in England for the foreseeable future, he'll have to do a long shift somewhere. That's unlikely to be at Chelsea with Abramovich at the helm.

Back
Top Bottom