Fergie stepping down at united.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since Fergie joined United we've had Pleat, Venables, Shreeves, Ardiles, Francis, Gross, Graham, Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp and AVB, plus other caretakers in between.

Got a lot of respect for someone that decides to go out on top, not lingering and overstaying their welcome.

Mou to United would be amazing, just to piss off the Chavs.

So Fergie is going to be a director after all...

"Sammy is talking out of his arse. Ferguson is old school, dominant and likes to be involved at all levels. Anyone with a shred of knowledge about United knows this. He'll never accept a DoF style role where he sits quietly by and lets the manager get on with it."

anonymous

:vdvshh:

So Fergie is going to be a director after all...

"Sammy is talking out of his arse. Ferguson is old school, dominant and likes to be involved at all levels. Anyone with a shred of knowledge about United knows this. He'll never accept a DoF style role where he sits quietly by and lets the manager get on with it."

anonymous

:vdvshh:
Oh, I'm sorry, but where has it been reported he will be director of football?

Please provide the link.

By the way, I thought big bad Spammy didn't give a shit about me or my opinions, isn't that what you insisted about 45 times?

Moyes would be a bizarre appointment to say the least

Might as well gamble on Arry who has arguably achieved more in the last 10 years!

Moyes only makes sense with SAF in a directors role overseeing things and easing the transformation which is what is going to happen.

Not sure how far his reach will be, but I think his influence will be massive. Probably not the same DoF role as we had, but I reckon pretty hands on in the beginning at least.

I don't think it's a director of football role. I think he's becoming a director at the club, as in Sitting on the board etc. not sure he'll have so much control over the new manager. I can't see many top managers coming in and knowing they'll have to conform to the previous guy's ideals.

I could be wrong but that's how I understood it.

I have a hunch they will appoint Mourinho, Moyes as manager for Utd doesn't make sense he would be way out of his depth. Just got a sneaky feeling it's going to be Jose and the Chavs will end up pleading with Rafa to stay.

Oh come now lets not get ahead of ourselves.

It is highly likely to be not interesting at all. Argumentative is far more probably.

bazinga.

Just found it funny that people were so quick to state as fact that SAF would never ever move upstairs and have a manager work under him.

And now he has.

If Moyes does get the job it proves how fucking stupid some of our fans are to turn their noses up at him. I think he'll do well at United if they appoint him. Mourinho is another obvious choice but how long until he has a row with someone at the club or decides to up sticks and move to another club before the ship sinks?

I don't think it's a director of football role. I think he's becoming a director at the club, as in Sitting on the board etc. not sure he'll have so much control over the new manager. I can't see many top managers coming in and knowing they'll have to conform to the previous guy's ideals.

Badge it how you want, it will smooth the transition, and if anyone tries to Power play the new guy, or lead a player revolution, SAF will be in the background to back up the new guy.

It actually makes more sense than throwing the next person to the wolves and having massive (and disruptive) change for a season or two.

I dont think its a DoF role in the same way at all, but unless its Jose coming in (which I cant see with SAF upstairs), then I think Fergie will have a big influence at the start. I definately think he will have a massive say in transfers.

Back
Top Bottom