Final game of the season vs. Newcastle (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing I'm feeling as I sit here reading every update to this thread is absolutely gutted.

Twice this season I've felt this gutted, first at the Chavs the other week and now here I am again.

Don't ever remember being this gutted in a single season that's also been a point of so much pride and hope.

What the fuck did you expect to happen by coming on here a few hours after we got pumped 5-1, with your "hey, life's too short, stop being so serious man" schtick? You'd get loads of Likes and Funnies? We'd club together to build a Mick statue?

Sorry, I'm all out of "hey, it's ok". I still have to drive home from fucking Newcastle tonight, having spent the day in a wee glass box getting the shit ripped out of me because of eleven blokes who couldn't give a fuck. I spend good time and money supporting this team and when they play like cunts, I call them cunts and it angers me. When you post like a cunt, you get called a cunt too.
I say we all just let each other vent, then hug it out...
:dierpochhug:

It's been a rough day.

At least we all still have each other.....?
I'd get fucken binned for some o the shite youse cunts get away with.

Sorry... but we've been saying that in one form or another for the past TWEBTY-ONE FUCKING YEARS!
I think this is the thing that got to me yesterday. I try and stay calm, but I really can't take much more of "next year".

For the sake of one point. One fucking point, we would have finally had a little bit of bragging rights.

I don't care for those people who say we are too worried about Woolwich. After I watched us get destroyed at Highbury 20 years ago I've wanted to be able to stick it to them just once...and again it's gone.

A month from now logic will return and we'll realise how good 3rd spot is. But right now heart is ruling head.

Food for thought: United won the title that year with 89 points with a, by their standards, weak squad. 72 points is just a number, which is of no use today. If this season is a weak league, then that 12/13 most certainly was as well. More so imho.

Worst league I can remember, other than Fergie being manager and RVP on fire United where dog shit, worst Fergie team since when he originally took over the club.

Leicester on this season's form would have spanked that league, the all round football that year from everyone was appalling.

Even this season with it being a 'weak league' Liverpool are in EL final and City got to the semi's of the CL.

It's a cop out when people say Leicester won because of a weak league, they have very good players and a good if boring gameplan. Chelsea have won the league many times like that.

I am still fuming about yesterday. I have never been this wound up, even work mates are steering clear today.

And there is no such thing as spursey, can we just drop this embarrassing phrase, yes lasagne and then Bayern Munich was bad luck.

But yesterday cost us because our players did not want it, that's not spursey or bad luck, that is highly paid players taking the fucking piss out of us, the fans that travelled up yesterday and the club they represent. They can all fuck off, every single one of them, I need a summer to calm down from this.

Watching spurs for 30 years now and I am used to defeats, I don't have high expectations but what I do expect from our players is commitment and an understanding of what the rivallry means to fans. Yesterday those players did not care, they ducked out of tackles, were slow on the ball, had no energy and no creative spark,. If we had lost but put in a shift then yes we would be annoyed but those fuckers rolled over and let a relegated team with 10 men take the piss out of them and us

As a said I am off to calm down but our players were a fucking disgrace to the shirt yesterday. I will not forget that one in a long time.

This. In a nutshell. Fucking fucking wankers. I was embarrassed, yes embarrassed and ashamed to be walking around London in my spurs top and spurs jacket yesterday. Regret especially wearing the jacket as I couldn't get away with hiding my shirt! The amount of shit I got from random passers by on my way back from the bill nich to Victoria station yesterday was unreal. Had to hide at the back of a weatherspoons for ages until my bus, and on that bus were several gooners, a couple of chavskis and a watforder.

I blame the playeds for that fucking humiliation - too many on holiday or protecting themselves for the euros. Surely some of them must have known how much it would have meant to us to finish 2nd. Not ashamed to admit that I cried, silently, all the way home. Even the gooners took pity on me :(

Having calmed down a little since Sunday, there were 3 main talking points I think

1- that first half. It was as poor as I've seen Spurs for a very long time

2- their penalty at 2-1. We had them down to 10 men, were beginning to take shape, & the ref falls for the most blatant dive. I still think we would have got the point we needed had that not been given.

3- going 3 at the back to try & claw it back. It was a crazy move. It's as though 4-4-2 isn't allowed any more under any circumstances. Not keeping a back four left us open to Benitez's counter attacking set up.

But overall, once we went 3-1 down, it was desperate & always likely to end in a hammering because we had to go for goals & quickly. It's just a shame that the players didn't go out in the first half & put on a performance.

I've felt pretty disgruntled since Sunday evening, but the hangover is fading now. Time to look forward to the summer. And then we go again, hopefully with a stronger attitude, more experience & a few new players to offer legitimate competition in areas where we are lacking or have none.

Right. Enough fatalistic rhetoric about this match... we came up short today against a very good Southampton side who put their only two shots on target away and came to sit back and counter.

We're going away to a shit Newcastle team who might already be relegated by the weekend. I have faith that our players would want to make amends for being beaten at home against them (oh and Rob Elliot who singlehandedly kept them in the game that match won't be playing this one through injury).

Emotions, and the way achievement can be perceived, is unfortunately guided by the momentum of the time. We've had a crappy set of results recently, and this has meant that our best ever Premier League finish and guaranteed CL football is overshadowed by fear of being caught next weekend by the scum.

Well it's still in our hands. The football gods can be horrible at times, but perhaps this is all setting us up for a glorious finale to a great season.
Being Spurs means never doing anything the easy way...

"he's one of our own" means nothing when his inclusion in the X1 practically destroys our rhythm and leaves us open every single time. Of course there's other factors why we lost but i'm of the opinion we have already lose half the battle when he starts due to his deficiencies.
Poch is brilliant but why he decided to drop Benteleb after 1 bad game after his return yet continuously giving Mason chance after chance despite being ridiculously poor is mind blowing.

I specifically said that there's a case for discussing Mason and his place in the side and even the squad. That wasn't my point. Not that I'm surprised that you understood nothing of my post.

Rather my point was that no matter what anyone of us thinks about him right now, making him a scape goat in turning the selection for Newcastle primarily about not selecting Mason, is way out of line. Someone who's, in spite of your off topic arguments, one of our own and has given his all every time, he's taken the pitch, deserves more respect than that.

If you feel a certain way about Mason's performances that's fine and all, but in a season where (to varying degrees) homegrown players with heart and attitude has gotten us where we are, those players deserve imho to be discussed with some respect, even when the opinion happens to be negative.

Leave that simplistic scape goating to the Adebayor's of this world!

Back
Top Bottom