Football Weekly

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know about anyone else but it had been winding me up recently, treating Spurs with no respect as well as being lazy with some leagues

That's why I noticed an uptick this Thursday as what I consider their A team of Barry, Iain and Jacob were on and was back to its relaxed and well delivered best, first good one in ages

I don't know about anyone else but it had been winding me up recently, treating Spurs with no respect as well as being lazy with some leagues

That's why I noticed an uptick this Thursday as what I consider their A team of Barry, Iain and Jacob were on and was back to its relaxed and well delivered best, first good one in ages

I always start listening to the first 10 mins of both Football Weekly and the Times podcast, as regularly one is shit but its rare they both are.

If Barry is Glendenning then he is the reason I stopped listening. Talk about stealing a living.

Rafael Honigstein who is usually quite good suggested on this weeks pod, that the big lump Olivier Giroud is a better striker than Harry Kane.

Now I may be biased, but surely a player who has pace, power and a scoring record of 1 in 2 in the Premier League, along with working an awful lot for the team, is better than a lump who wouldn't even be getting a start if a converted winger wasn't injured.

Listening to football weekly is like looking at your balance at the cash machine.

When you in bags of credit you don't mind looking. When you're overdrawn you'd rather not.

Think I'll be listening more now

Even with our run of success, they haven't been really giving us the credit we deserve. The Football Ramble though has been hyping us up. Even the Gooner on there has given us some credit.

Even with our run of success, they haven't been really giving us the credit we deserve.
I could be wrong, but watching MotD 2 last night, all I could see in their punditry was criticisms of West Ham, and Mark 'please punch me in the throat' Chapman asking the others how to counteract our pressing tactics. Don't remember any actual praise for us other than a brief mention of Son.

Edit: though as others have said, as long as you ignore the blatant biases and agenda of the sporting news outlets, all this doesn't really matter. Recognition or not, we're doing well. If all their focus is on sucking up to Klopp and Liverpool: bigging them up for an inevitable fall, then so be it.

I could be wrong, but watching MotD 2 last night, all I could see in their punditry was criticisms of West Ham, and Mark 'please punch me in the throat' Chapman asking the others how to counteract our pressing tactics. Don't remember any actual praise for us other than a brief mention of Son.
How fucking frustrating. I was going to watch MotD2 at lunch today. Might be thinking twice now.

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

They just called Chris Miller's blog Very Very good on the Guardian podcast! In regards to your post that the fact that playing a back 3 is not that revolutionary anyway the way we play normally

That's before "stealing a living" Barry shot down all formation analysis, he really doesn't know anything does he

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

They just called Chris Miller's blog Very Very good on the Guardian podcast! In regards to your post that the fact that playing a back 3 is not that revolutionary anyway the way we play normally

That's before "stealing a living" Barry shot down all formation analysis, he really doesn't know anything does he
He knows he's a Sunderland supporter :levylol:

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS

I was so excited when I heard this!

Back
Top Bottom