Gary Neville, Valencia manager...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Monday Night Football with Jamie Carragher and Tim Sherwood.

giphy.gif

I just can't understand him and Fergie(maybe others) sticking up for giggs. I mean he's showed himself to be a prick in the past so why put your own reputation on the line for him??

I have to admit, I don't understand the hatred toward him, generally speaking.

As far as I'm concerned, I've always found him to be an interesting voice - I like his analysis in and after games (he points out things I wouldn't have noticed), I like that he laughs at himself, I've always found his views on the wider aspects of the game pertinent, albeit not going as far as I would have liked (but I can understand why that might be).

He's obviously got an overriding interest in United, and why ever not, just as Glenn has with us, but I don't find him blind about it - indeed quite the opposite. I enjoy his back and forth with Jamie Carragher whenever I see it.

So I I honestly don't see what people's beef is normally.

Here I do however, the accusations of hypocrisy seem pretty well founded.

Yeah it’s like him banging on about managers needing more time.

He’s got through 4 managers in two years at his football club.

But he came across as a dickhead as a player. So there’s no surprise there really.
At the end of the day they are all chasing the £s whatever they say.

Well apart from Giggs who is just chasing any women he can sleep with.

It’s the mentality that is odd, if I had say £10m I would have enough money to help my family and live a decent life till I retire, he doesn’t need to sell his soul and look a total hypocrite.

He has got enough money to never need to sell out. It makes me think his words are cheap and it’s all just grifting.

If he does go back to being a pundit, people should take him seriously. Punditry is not management. He has a great knowledge and is a fantastic pundit. Plenty of good managers have been shit pundits.

Unlike alot of ex players he seems to have actually been very studious and made great effort to understand the modern game and coaching techniques.

I for one would love to see an English manager go abroad and do well, could do wonders for other English managers who follow in his footsteps.

Back
Top Bottom