Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope you are right, like I said I think we should look at moving on from GLC because with his injury history and fit for what the club wants to do I don't see the fit. Trying to force him to be a number 8 in a plodding MF with poor ball playing CB's makes no sense.

I just don't want to get rid of a player that has skill in the area we are missing the most in this team (passing/creativity) without having multiple solid options to replace it.
I think we are going to have to keep both Ndombele and GLC until it's close to their contract running out, simply because no club will take a risk on either of them.
It's still my belief that an elite manager could engineer an effective midfield playing both Ndombele and GLC, but Nuno is not that guy.
With Nuno we should play Hojbjerg and Skipp, and rotate GLC and Ndombele for the AM spot.

I think we are going to have to keep both Ndombele and GLC until it's close to their contract running out, simply because no club will take a risk on either of them.
It's still my belief that an elite manager could engineer an effective midfield playing both Ndombele and GLC, but Nuno is not that guy.
With Nuno we should play Hojbjerg and Skipp, and rotate GLC and Ndombele for the AM spot.
No manager is to blame for Ndombele's laziness or GLC's injury record.

I hope you are right, like I said I think we should look at moving on from GLC because with his injury history and fit for what the club wants to do I don't see the fit. Trying to force him to be a number 8 in a plodding MF with poor ball playing CB's makes no sense.

I just don't want to get rid of a player that has skill in the area we are missing the most in this team (passing/creativity) without having multiple solid options to replace it.

He's certainly not been helped by being signed under Poch, then us switching to a totally different style of play, and now playing under Nuno. Having no stability or clearly defined position or role in the team wouldn't help any player. And obviously all those injuries amplifies that.

He has technical ability, but I'm not sure even he knows what he is for us. We either need to find out, and if we can't do that then a sale is the only option. The problem is I don't think he's shown enough to give him a run at #10, and in the other two cm positions we seem to need legs. If Ndombele continues to be 'meh' at #10, then I guess we give GLC a whirl.

I think there are teams in Spain and Italy that could and should take GLC. He would be great for them. If Levy would be willing to sell him is another question.

With Ndombele I think the best chance we have is a swap for a player that is also overpaid and out of favor at their club (Dembele at Barca?) or a guy that is not as good but better fit for us (McKennie?).

I have made my opinion clear about what we should do 3-4-1-2 with Skipp-PEH in the middle of the 4 and GLC playing in fluid front 3 with Kane/Son. But it seems like zero chance we go to a back 3 so more stupid 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 that doesn't work for us.

I think there are teams in Spain and Italy that could and should take GLC. He would be great for them. If Levy would be willing to sell him is another question.

With Ndombele I think the best chance we have is a swap for a player that is also overpaid and out of favor at their club (Dembele at Barca?) or a guy that is not as good but better fit for us (McKennie?).

I have made my opinion clear about what we should do 3-4-1-2 with Skipp-PEH in the middle of the 4 and GLC playing in fluid front 3 with Kane/Son. But it seems like zero chance we go to a back 3 so more stupid 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 that doesn't work for us.
I don’t think any Spanish or Italian clubs have enough money to make an offer worth considering, for GLC.
I would prefer Ndombele to Dembele or McKennie.

Problem with your 3-4-3 is that we don’t have a good RWB. Emerson Royal isn’t technically good enough for that position.

I don’t think any Spanish or Italian clubs have enough money to make an offer worth considering, for GLC.
I would prefer Ndombele to Dembele or McKennie.

Problem with your 3-4-3 is that we don’t have a good RWB. Emerson Royal isn’t technically good enough for that position.

Royal isn’t a good RB either.

We don’t have good enough players for any formation. We don’t have good enough player for RW or MFers in a 4-3-3, dont have good enough RMFer for a 4-2-3-1.

McKennie and Dembele can at least play for us. Ndombele playing 10 mins a game and standing around or on the bench for the other 80 mins does nothing for us.

Royal isn’t a good RB either.

We don’t have good enough players for any formation. We don’t have good enough player for RW or MFers in a 4-3-3, dont have good enough RMFer for a 4-2-3-1.

McKennie and Dembele can at least play for us. Ndombele playing 10 mins a game and standing around or on the bench for the other 80 mins does nothing for us.
Still a moany cunt I see, well done.

Back
Top Bottom