Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow!

It's true.
At least he will be trying for a move unlike Ndombele because he wont be playing Inters if he isn't playing club football regularly.
Oh, wait..
send him back to argentina if he loves it so much get that alvarez chap swapped in for him

WTF is the matter with you yentas? Fantasizing a narrative that doesn't exist.

Lo Celso's last instagram post is from November 17th. The day after he featured for 86 minutes in Argentina's 0-0 home draw vs Brazil in WC qualifying.

He hasn't played a match for club or country since due to injury.

You'd think Conte would have some empathy for midfielders that have injury issues:

"Gritty midfielder, incisive in attacking insertions, with good technique and strong spirit of body. He was held back by some serious injuries: the first, during the 1996 Champions League final with Ajax, prevented him from participating in the following European Championships; the second forced him to a year of inactivity between 1996 and 1997 (he thus had to renounce the Intercontinental Cup, won by Juventus in 1996); due to the third, during the 2000 European Championships, against Romania, he was unable to play in the semifinals and final."

If he could stay healthy, I think he’s very much a type of player who would fit Conte’s 352, He’s got some flaws but when fit and firing he’s a reasonably good combo of graft, aggression and technical ability, with a hint of vision.

If.

If he could stay healthy, I think he’s very much a type of player who would fit Conte’s 352, He’s got some flaws but when fit and firing he’s a reasonably good combo of graft, aggression and technical ability, with a hint of vision.

If.

JvA3rLr.jpg

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

If.
Fully agree. But "if" and "fit" are two of the defining words of his time here and something will need to change drastically for that to no longer be the case.

I'm starting to pick up annoying sports injuries now myself and it's immensely frustrating, I have pity for the guy on that level, but it's a football club not a charity and he should probably be replaced with somebody more dependable.

Repost from Romero thread because I've had enough of this Argentina nonsense:

Okay let me debunk all these issues in one post:

1/
October 2021 quarantine issue-
Let's say Messi was English and had never won the World Cup, but had his last chance in 2022 albeit a very difficult qualifying group. We would all expect our starting CM and CB to sacrifice anything to help the cause.
If they didn't, we would say they're not patriotic true Englishmen, 'game is all about money these days' etc.

2/
GLC injuries are frustrating- but ppl r using the October debacle to claim that injuries are evidence he doesn't give a shit about Spurs and only wants to get fit for his country.
That ignores the fact that in Copa America: he got injured for some crucial K/O matches, and was protected by being subbed off at minute 60 (so it's not like he has lower pain tolerance/ exaggerates injuries when with Spurs).

GLC also works hard when on the pitch for Spurs , and there's been no complaints about his attitude in training unlike Ndombele.
I agree that he hasn't been good enough, and we should sell him if we get a good bid, but agenda against him is silly.

3/
Some people are now saying Romero should be sold. Based on what? Point 1/ above and the fact he's had an injury.
Not only is he our best CB, but we are unlikely to buy anyone with his potential. Serie A defender of the season and Copa America team of the tournament.

Lamela, Lo Celso, Romero - there's more than a bit in common with these 3.
Seem to miss more games than they play but still get praised by some fans regardless.
You could never questions Lamela's commitment or desire though. Romero hasn't been here long enough to make that judgement yet but I've seen none of that at all from Lo Celso.

Another one who kept getting injured and wasn't able to get his game going.

Talented, but just too much of a sick-note + hasn't rarely shown any proper value-potential when he has gotten minutes.

Odd how Berg, Ndom, Sess and GLC have all been on the injury carousel since coming.

.......Of what?

Hard to get excited about outgoing loan deals...... Cash for replacements is where it's at.

I'll take any rumors for a player who obviously isn't going to fit here.

I'll stay optimistic that he goes out on loan and regains form. Then we're able to sell for decent money.

I'll take any rumors for a player who obviously isn't going to fit here.

I'll stay optimistic that he goes out on loan and regains form. Then we're able to sell for decent money.

My concern is who's coming and who can help us achieve our goals for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom