Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FxTbVvZX0AArOCH

Looks like a player worth the 50m we paid LOL
It's bloody good!

Which lends itself to two upside scenarios:
a) We get good value for a sale. He should stand us in on our books at approx £11m
b) New Head Coach might fancy him. He has a year left on his contract I think, so if this scenario plays out perhaps we have to extend for a year (I don't know if we have an option or not).

Either way, I don't care, so long as the decision has been thought through properly.

Guess it depends on when the Argentina games are.

Looks like the first game of the tour is June 15th and it's a long friendly tour so probably won't risk the first game.

If they were sooner it would be an almighty piss take.

How long is long?

Our pre-season tour starts 15th July..... How long are the players getting off? .....2 weeks? ......Less?

FFS! They just played a full season with a WC crammed into the middle.

These int. games should NOT be happening; it's a fking joke!

It's bloody good!

Which lends itself to two upside scenarios:
a) We get good value for a sale. He should stand us in on our books at approx £11m
b) New Head Coach might fancy him. He has a year left on his contract I think, so if this scenario plays out perhaps we have to extend for a year (I don't know if we have an option or not).

Either way, I don't care, so long as the decision has been thought through properly.
The fact someone as canny as Emery is rumoured to want him at Villa should definitely make us pause, especially as his is a position we need quality in.

I accept it hasn't worked out, but he'd be coming into a technically better midfield than he left if he returns. He's similar to McAllister, who 'pool are about to spend big on. We just haven't seen much of it at Spurs.

Given we will have limited funds, there's a case for giving him another chance as our 10, so that we can spend most of what money we have on GK and CB. Needs a manager who wants him though.

The fact someone as canny as Emery is rumoured to want him at Villa should definitely make us pause, especially as his is a position we need quality in.

I accept it hasn't worked out, but he'd be coming into a technically better midfield than he left if he returns. He's similar to McAllister, who 'pool are about to spend big on. We just haven't seen much of it at Spurs.

Given we will have limited funds, there's a case for giving him another chance as our 10, so that we can spend most of what money we have on GK and CB. Needs a manager who wants him though.
He definitely has technical ability, but two things give me pause

a) durability
b) commitment

My other concern is I can't see any club coming anywhere near £50m for him and I presume that is what Levy will want, I feel to shift him we will need to take a fairly big hit.

I don't see a future for him here, he's been useless for us outside of one or two performances.

Back
Top Bottom