Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to this, Ange is impressed with Gio and has convinced or encouraged him to continue, complicating any Spanish interest in the player.

According to this, Ange is impressed with Gio and has convinced or encouraged him to continue, complicating any Spanish interest in the player.

Not surprised he is a player Barca and Villa are linked with. Good ball player but totally unsuited to defensive football like Jose and Conte.

Any chance Gio being left footed might also help his cause?

Ange is meant to like different options in each position and if Maddison or Gio can be used on either side as the advanced 8, depending on opponent, maybe that's useful?

Not surprised he is a player Barca and Villa are linked with. Good ball player but totally unsuited to defensive football like Jose and Conte.
I wouldn't commit to any stance on him tbh. He's been useless for us when he's played the last few years. Was good for a short while under Mourinho. Have seen him be excellent for Villareal and Argentina. Physically not really dependable, but think he could be a good squad player this year in a progreasive set-up.

I wouldn't commit to any stance on him tbh. He's been useless for us when he's played the last few years. Was good for a short while under Mourinho. Have seen him be excellent for Villareal and Argentina. Physically not really dependable, but think he could be a good squad player this year in a progreasive set-up.

Just turned 27 and looks a lot more jacked than he used to.

Could be he's reaching his peak and hos body is finally ready for the physicality of the prem.

Not saying that is the case but it's something to consider.

My big fear with GLC is that he gets another long term injury.

But if we can keep him fit, actually enthused about playing for Spurs, and Ange can utilize his strengths within his tactical system, then I'd far rather keep Gio for the season than give £40 million to the chavs for Gallagher.

My big fear with GLC is that he gets another long term injury.

But if we can keep him fit, actually enthused about playing for Spurs, and Ange can utilize his strengths within his tactical system, then I'd far rather keep Gio for the season than give £40 million to the chavs for Gallagher.
If he gets injured that's just a good opportunity for Sarr to step up.

If he gets injured that's just a good opportunity for Sarr to step up.
In our midfield mix, Sarr & Bissouma are the most mobile, the athletes who can cover ground.

I see GLC more in the Maddison & Ndombele group, as a creative player who'll be making the key passes rather than doing the lung-busting, tenacious work.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ange sets up our CM for competitive matches,especially the two 8s.

Does he risk playing two more creative players eg Maddison and GLC or Ndombele?

Or does he want a highly mobile player in the mix? That training video showed Pape Sarr getting on the end of a couple of crosses to score, which is presumably the box-to-box 8 role that Gallagher is being considered for.

Once Bentancur comes back, and hopefully rediscovers his best form, we will have a lot of good options in our midfield, as Rodrigo can probably play all the midfield roles.

In our midfield mix, Sarr & Bissouma are the most mobile, the athletes who can cover ground.

I see GLC more in the Maddison & Ndombele group, as a creative player who'll be making the key passes rather than doing the lung-busting, tenacious work.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Ange sets up our CM for competitive matches,especially the two 8s.

Does he risk playing two more creative players eg Maddison and GLC or Ndombele?

Or does he want a highly mobile player in the mix? That training video showed Pape Sarr getting on the end of a couple of crosses to score, which is presumably the box-to-box 8 role that Gallagher is being considered for.

Once Bentancur comes back, and hopefully rediscovers his best form, we will have a lot of good options in our midfield, as Rodrigo can probably play all the midfield roles.
Isn’t Gio known for being a runner that presses and covers a lot of the pitch?

Obviously he’s creative as well but Jose had him playing as a box to box

Isn’t Gio known for being a runner that presses and covers a lot of the pitch?

Obviously he’s creative as well but Jose had him playing as a box to box
GLC can get on the end of things, and had a decent goalscoring season for Betis when I believe he was playing primarily as a 10. But he's not in Sarr or Bissouma's class as a mobile athlete.

As for tenacity, he has a bit of the Lamela shithousery about him. If he could commit to pressing like Erik, I'd be delighted and surprised.

Back
Top Bottom