Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want all our players to do well, of course. But Lo Celso has been here for 4 years. Should we have kept Soldado for four years? Should we have kept Fazio for four years? Or Pienaar? Just in case they come good?

Soldado was given a chance though. He had been coached under a negative, keep possession at all costs, defensive coach and it didn't get the best out of him. Pochettino came in with a more high pressing, attacking philosophy and he still couldn't cut it. Pochettino could have sold him as soon as he walked through the door and he didn't.

Fazio is a pointless comparison. He played in a high pressing, high line system and was shown not to be up to the task.

Pienaar again, not really a good comparison. It's not like he was signed under a defensive coach and we never gave him a chance under a more attack minded one. He was managed by the most gung ho manager we've had in the last decade and a half.

If we can get a good fee for Lo Celso, I'd be all for selling him when you consider his contract length.

But I'm not going to hope and pray he plays well in pre season just to sell him. Because I would much rather he lived up to the hype he had, can show more than he has in a more suited tactical set up and can provide valuable depth.

Same goes for Ndombele. Both have been colossal failures for us. But they're Spurs players. Finally released from the shackles of boring negative football coached by two absolute bell ends. Id much rather both proved to be useful assets than not.

From Gold’s training article

Lo Celso on fire

One player who could not stop scoring during the practice match and drills during Saturday's session was Giovani Lo Celso.

The Argentina international, who scored against West Ham on Tuesday night, was firing efforts into the net from everywhere during the session.

It is yet to be seen whether the 27-year-old will be a part of Postecoglou's plans for the coming season but there's no doubt he's got quality in his technique and he was sending some beautiful volleys and half-volleys past the helpless goalkeepers throughout the session.

From Gold’s training article

Lo Celso on fire

One player who could not stop scoring during the practice match and drills during Saturday's session was Giovani Lo Celso.

The Argentina international, who scored against West Ham on Tuesday night, was firing efforts into the net from everywhere during the session.

It is yet to be seen whether the 27-year-old will be a part of Postecoglou's plans for the coming season but there's no doubt he's got quality in his technique and he was sending some beautiful volleys and half-volleys past the helpless goalkeepers throughout the session.
Shame he could get into the starting team, hope he makes another strong impression off the bench.

Nobody doesn’t want the players to perform, why twist the narrative?

People just know he won’t. Because they live in the real world. I’ll make a bet with you right now, neither Ndombele or Lo Celso will have what will be classed as a successful season. Any odds you want.

These players are duds. Going over the same fantasy shit where we pretend this is their season now because we’ve got (insert new coach) is delusion. They need to be moved on and replaced.

GLC could barely stay fit for Villareal. But he’s gonna come to the most physical league in Europe and be super useful to us? FANTASY.
Just so I’m clear on this,where is the evidence to say the premier league is the most physical in Europe. I watch loads of Italian and Spanish football and it’s just as physical. I don’t buy into that thought.
Lo Celso if given the chance by Ange will succeed in his formation and style because it suits him more than previous managers.
We do have a fanbase that make up their minds about players and won’t change their minds no matter what. If Lo Celso,Ndombele or Hojbjerg comes in and plays really well for a period of time then has one bad game they would get slaughtered.
If Ange doesn’t fancy any of those mentioned then fair enough but if he does and gets them playing then they will always have my support and backing.

The measure of a player who only shows up in meaningless friendlies is not a very good yardstick. Can't fault a new manager for making his own mind up about players and giving them an opportunity but I believe Lo Celso will revert to type if he gets his feet back under the table.

Back
Top Bottom