Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Clearly help us get points? He has scored league 4 goals in 4 years. He is rubbish. He is a flop.

I don’t see any Woolwich fans saying that Pepe should be back in their first team. I don’t see anyone at United desperate for Van De Beek to come back and start games. A flop is a flop. Get rid and move on. If he ends up staying here it will be because nobody made an offer.
He's a CM, goals are not his most important asset, and he also played in systems that clearly don't suit him.
He's been very good for Villarreal and Argentina in a three, I don't know why you're so opposed to keeping him when he's clearly well suited to the current system. He's technical, hard working off the ball, has good vision, I really can't see any CM in our squad as well rounded as he is outside of Maddison.

Excited Eyes GIF by Pudgy Penguins

He has the potential to be the greatest "just like a new signing" player in Spurs history

Clearly help us get points? He has scored 4 league goals in 4 years. He is rubbish. He is a flop.

I don’t see any Woolwich fans saying that Pepe should be back in their first team. I don’t see anyone at United desperate for Van De Beek to come back and start games. A flop is a flop. Get rid and move on. If he ends up staying here it will be because nobody made an offer.

If he leaves and does well at another club, great good for him. I wish he had done well for us in the last four years.
Happy to sell him? What don't people get?! I will drive him and N'dombele anywhere they want to go. He's been worse than Tanguy. I do not care what he could do potentially be that at Barcelona or Aston Villa My god is this why the country is in this mess people don't learn. Years but don't worry they will come good...Its crazy just think for a second of the fine actual EPL capable players we could get if we were to some how get back the money these waste man cost!!

Clearly help us get points? He has scored 4 league goals in 4 years. He is rubbish. He is a flop.

If he leaves and does well at another club, great good for him. I wish he had done well for us in the last four years.
The price of perpetually tolerating failure from the same players has been plain to see at this football club in recent years.

He’ll have a couple more nice performances in meaningless pre-season friendlies, everyone will get aboard the ‘like a new signing, he plays for Argentina’ train (so does Maguire for England) and then he will get an injury before the first league game of the season.

We have a player who's done well at Betis, Villareal, PSG, Argentina but can't do it in the EPL? If so, why? Plenty of smaller technical players have succeeded (e.g Modric, Gundogan).

I think he's failed at Spurs because it was always true that he needed a possession based team, technical players he could combine with to pass and move. Finally we have this under Ange and we want to get rid?

If Pep was our manager, would he sell, and get in a Gallagher or Douglas Luiz? I really doubt it, because he consistently chooses technical/intelligent midfielders like Gundogan. GLC can be good under Ange. Unless he is desperate to leave I'd keep.

We have a player who's done well at Betis, Villareal, PSG, Argentina but can't do it in the EPL? If so, why? Plenty of smaller technical players have succeeded (e.g Modric, Gundogan).

I think he's failed at Spurs because it was always true that he needed a possession based team, technical players he could combine with to pass and move. Finally we have this under Ange and we want to get rid?

If Pep was our manager, would he sell, and get in a Gallagher or Douglas Luiz? I really doubt it, because he consistently chooses technical/intelligent midfielders like Gundogan. GLC can be good under Ange. Unless he is desperate to leave I'd keep.

I don't think Pep would ever put his faith in a player as physically fragile as Lo Celso. He cannot play consistent football.

At 32 years old Gundogan played 3856 minutes for his club last season. 27 year old Lo Celso managed just 1405 minutes for Villareal. He simply can't hack it at his level. Even De Bruyne, who is a bit prone to injury, managed 3684 minutes. Lo Celso could never match that, not in his wildest dreams.

He was mediocre (at best) for PSG, hence being sold.

Betis are a mid-table Spanish club. Decent technical players with questionable physicality thrive at mid-table Spanish clubs, see Iago Aspas.

International football is weird and he would die for Argentina. You’ll never get that commitment for Spurs.

He’s not a bad footballer but nor is he nearly good enough to justify even more patience with him.

His injury record is second only to Sess, why would we want to keep a player like that? And when he’s not injured, he’s hardly set the world alight with his performances. If we get any sort offer, we need to sell him

I don't think Pep would ever put his faith in a player as physically fragile as Lo Celso. He cannot play consistent football.

At 32 years old Gundogan played 3856 minutes for his club last season. 27 year old Lo Celso managed just 1405 minutes for Villareal. He simply can't hack it at his level. Even De Bruyne, who is a bit prone to injury, managed 3684 minutes. Lo Celso could never match that, not in his wildest dreams.
Pep is spoilt for choice. I'm saying if he was Spurs manager right now, I think he'd keep Lo Celso, accepting the fragility because of the options we have.

Lots of supporters just don't like him, don't think he's committed. And I think it's true he didn't enjoy playing for Spurs and was a bit sulky, but to be fair he wasn't suited to playing with guys like Sissoko or in a low possession counter attacking team like Mourinho's. I'd give him until January to prove himself, again assuming he's not desperate to leave.

He was mediocre (at best) for PSG, hence being sold.

Betis are a mid-table Spanish club. Decent technical players with questionable physicality thrive at mid-table Spanish clubs, see Iago Aspas.

International football is weird and he would die for Argentina. You’ll never get that commitment for Spurs.

He’s not a bad footballer but nor is he nearly good enough to justify even more patience with him.
If we sell, who can we buy that's better (and a better fit for Ange)? We can't rely on Ndombele. And we won't have a lot on money to upgrade.

Is there any other fanbase in this league that simply doesn't want some of their players to exceed expectations, perform better and show their worth?

Seems like all this fanbase does is hope our squad players play good on loan or in pre season so we can sell them to buy.... More squad players?

Surely we all want Lo Celso to actually show his worth under an attacking manager who can hopefully get the best out of him and he can prove to be useful?

If we sell, who can we buy that's better (and a better fit for Ange)? We can't rely on Ndombele. And we won't have a lot on money to upgrade.

It’s not just about better, it’s about reliability. Sell Kane, sell GLC, buy some centre backs and a midfielder in the 30-40m bracket. Someone who can stay fit and isn’t injured more often than not.

That’s why McAllister is worth a lot more. Not because he’s a hugely better footballer than GLC but because he’s far more reliable and actually suits playing in England.

Go and find a Guimaraes. There’s a few names the resident French football experts throw about. The talent is out there.

Is there any other fanbase in this league that simply doesn't want some of their players to exceed expectations, perform better and show their worth?

Seems like all this fanbase does is hope our squad players play good on loan or in pre season so we can sell them to buy.... More squad players?

Surely we all want Lo Celso to actually show his worth under an attacking manager who can hopefully get the best out of him and he can prove to be useful?

Nobody doesn’t want the players to perform, why twist the narrative?

People just know he won’t. Because they live in the real world. I’ll make a bet with you right now, neither Ndombele or Lo Celso will have what will be classed as a successful season. Any odds you want.

These players are duds. Going over the same fantasy shit where we pretend this is their season now because we’ve got (insert new coach) is delusion. They need to be moved on and replaced.

GLC could barely stay fit for Villareal. But he’s gonna come to the most physical league in Europe and be super useful to us? FANTASY.

Nobody doesn’t want the players to perform, why twist the narrative?

People just know he won’t. Because they live in the real world. I’ll make a bet with you right now, neither Ndombele or Lo Celso will have what will be classed as a successful season. Any odds you want.

These players are duds. Going over the same fantasy shit where we pretend this is their season now because we’ve got (insert new coach) is delusion. They need to be moved on and replaced.

GLC could barely stay fit for Villareal. But he’s gonna come to the most physical league in Europe and be super useful to us? FANTASY.
I think Conte was right when he said something about Lo Celso that not every player is cut out for the PL.

Be happy to see him proved wrong though.

I want all our players to do well, of course. But Lo Celso has been here for 4 years. Should we have kept Soldado for four years? Should we have kept Fazio for four years? Or Pienaar? Just in case they come good?

Lo Celso is always injured and has a dreadful goal/assist output. He only has two years left on his deal and is unlikely to do enough to earn a new one. So let's get rid of him and bring in a fresh face. Any half-decent player should be able to bring more goals and assists than Lo Celso has. He hasn't even reached Nacer Chadli level in our shirt.

Back
Top Bottom