Good article on soccer in USA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thread timeline so far:

>Spurs Fans in America, fuck yeah!
>Football will become big in America, fuck yeah!
>No it won't, it hasn't in the past 40 years, fuck no!
>Traditional spelling mistake rant, fuck English!
>In 50 years, who knows what will happen, America might not exist, fuck predictions!
>HAHAHAHAH, we rule the world, we'll carve our flag into the moon, fuck Communism!
>You're all cunts, fuck you!

Least we support the same club :adeninja:

I'd imagine the most probable reason for you not existing as a country would be break away states, rather than nuclear war etc. It's not unimaginable.

Nothing is unimaginable for sure. But there is better chance of us going away via nuclear war than states seceding again.

54566460.jpg

Nothing is unimaginable for sure. But there is better chance of us going away via nuclear war than states seceding again.

The thing about states, is that they're not actually a unified country. You're a collection of states. It's even in your name, the United States.

Look at the world. Look at history. Very, very, very few unified states exist today or have lasted long in the past. Having a decentralized country can be great, but it eventually gives people an "Us against them" mentality and a clash of loyalties, which in times of crisis will come through.

Only thing keeping such a huge geographical place in tact is a flag, some propaganda words ("freedom, liberty"),a fear of Russia and the desire to be the biggest/'best'.

How do you expect to be perceived? You are the Johnny Come Lately's to the world party (but more than welcome) - and 10 minutes later you're saying it's inevitable that you will be the major football country. It's this kind of arrogance that the rest of the world hates. You sneaky slide on here with a few reasonable comments, and then go all fucking Rambo when you think people aren't looking. I give up to be honest - you just don't get it.
Never in this thread have I said MLS will be the top football/soccer country in the world. I don't even think I believe that would happen. What I did say is sooner or later we will be poaching top world talent like other top leagues. Then this thread went to hell. I don't know why you keep thinking I said the U.S. are going to dominate world football/soccer.

I laugh when americans call 'soccer' communist because there are draws in soccer and in american sports they will play for hours after the scheduled finished in overtime to find a winner.

Isn't american sports more communist in their way of thinking with salary caps and drafts??
as opposed to football in europe where all of the rich clubs get ahead of everyone else?

I laugh when americans call 'soccer' communist because there are draws in soccer and in american sports they will play for hours after the scheduled finished in overtime to find a winner.

Isn't american sports more communist in their way of thinking with salary caps and drafts??
as opposed to football in europe where all of the rich clubs get ahead of everyone else?

I don't think anyone in America call soccer a "commie" sport unless they are joking and playing the 'Merica role.

Why do you love football so much, Joe Clash Joe Clash ?
The point about football in Britain is that it is not just a sport people take to, like cricket or tennis or running long distances. It is inherent in the people. It is built into the urban psyche. It is not a phenomenon; it is an everyday matter. There is more eccentricity in deliberately disregarding it than in devoting a life to it. Its sudden withdrawal from the people would bring deeper disconsolation than to deprive them of television. The way we play the game, organise it and reward it reflects the kind of community we are.

That's why I do. Why do you? - you seem to be a cynical sort.

Back
Top Bottom