Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with daveyboy88 point. I just want to add.

You can go for the record, but at the same time being a hinderance to the team. Rooney final few years at Man United and for England is an example. He has the experience to get those goals coming, but his overall performance declined so much he was not only no help, but also a hinderance to the team. He still got selected due to his influence in the dressing room, but at the cost of the team result.

We can't blame Kane for this season, but you can see top scorer and assist still not enough to lift this team. If he's hell bent on scoring for himself, he can do that, but not necessarily resulting in the team victory.

Can easy be done like not commit 100% in defensive duty, to conserve energy for attack. I'm talking about scenario where the balance is tipped over to selfish player doesn't give a shit about how many his team would concede as long as he has his goals.
Great post. Take a bow. And I'm not being sarcastic.

Got the feeling watching last night's final that this would convince City to go in hard for Kane or Haaland, Haaland maybe the more likely.

Pep just used KDB as his "striker" I don't think he has much interest in bringing in a limited striker to come in and play that role and offer not much else than goals.

Kane gives him the ability to play a "striker" in that role but have him do a lot of the other work that Pep wants all his players to do and why he often plays a MFer in the striker position.

I have taken the last few days to do a little research and have identified how we can replace Harry Kane in the event of his departure. I have identified the following:

1.) Diego Costa. World class striker with international experience who will be available on Free Transfer. He has proven that he can do the business in London.

2.) Daniel Sturridge. A proven game winner who has shown time and time again that he can find the back of the net in the Premier League.

Both realistic options that can mitigate the damage for us.

But the Chavs are a step further

Mind trap, City are the dominant squad, English teams to a degree will ‘work out’ Tuchel, so as an evening of the waters we tread Chelsea, taking Hudson Odoi maybe + 150m? Vs City the already miles ahead pound for pounder (Peps head in big games if their Achilles clearly, Ferguson with that squad would thrash Chelsea 5-1 or so).

So, I am not averse, but the premium they’d have to pay would not stop Kane being fondly remembered but a dick, to most. Personally think his body will hit sharp decline, he’s a mouth breather whose played right through the intensity years of Poch n Co = Sell sell sell, same Dier, Dele, Winks, Lamela (😕) etc.

Mouth breathing, this means his pH (Saliva) is likely to tend towards Acidity, his Oxygen sats are very likely to rest 1-3% lower than those with optimal skeletal formation. So a few nights bad sleep, few to many Haribo (or whatever his poison) when babies teething, or his head is making him acidic as he dwells on bad thoughts due to a mixture of things and he is fully danger zone, his lymph/recovery and Calcium profile is clearly suboptimal in nurture which I believe will make him wilt at 28-29 something like 30% by 30.

Sorry it’s even for discussion 🙁 Love you Harry, my heart is equally broken a little at either and hope Utd stump up.

Got the feeling watching last night's final that this would convince City to go in hard for Kane or Haaland, Haaland maybe the more likely.
Quite. With Aguero departing and falling short of winning the CL again Man City is primed to spend a record amount on somebody to come and lead the line.

Not to say that Kane has ever dragged us into winning a final but we all know it's a team game and one guy cannot work miracles.

I’d also take Werner, so Werner CHO + 150m think he’s a player, just not in time with English game and it knocked his confidence, IMO, there’s a good chance he’s shit hot next season if he moves (or stays and they don’t sign Kane).

Guess Chelsea just became a serious player at the Haaland table anyway, so that will play out first, bet the oil mafia are telling him they won’t be beaten on wages…

I have taken the last few days to do a little research and have identified how we can replace Harry Kane in the event of his departure. I have identified the following:

1.) Diego Costa. World class striker with international experience who will be available on Free Transfer. He has proven that he can do the business in London.

2.) Daniel Sturridge. A proven game winner who has shown time and time again that he can find the back of the net in the Premier League.

I’m here to tell you’ve wasted your time.

9th richest club in Europe worth more than Juve Dortmund and PSG. Owned by 85 year old multi billionaire....find the finances. The fan base has officially got Stockholm syndrome.

Maybe we're all just secretly a bunch of masochists?

tired wake up GIF by Archer

Let’s get the band back together while we’re at it.....Crouch, Defoe and Keane.....

I’m here to tell you’ve wasted your time.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Diego Costa is not old, he is 32 and available as a free agent. I.e. He can still do the business for a few more years, given his style of play etc. In addition, even though he might not be 100% at his prime, even at his current state he is better than every striker who has ever played for Spurs, with the exception of Kane and Klinnsman. Identifying this opportunity is not a waste of time. I sent in emails about this to the club, but I have not gotten a reply. I just don't want to risk them overlooking this amazing opportunity. We can get a world class striker with a proven record in the EPL for free. Its Diwali come early.
Let’s get the band back together while we’re at it.....Crouch, Defoe and Keane.....

Defoe was a good striker at his prime, but he is past it. While would be nice to see some of these guys for sentimental reasons, they are not on the level that Costa and Sturridge are. Those two are game winners and they would come to club.

I'm sure many of you who are active community and supporter club leaders have a voice or have a contact at the club. Can someone please write in and identify these opportunities for them? Especially Costa, we should get in on that before Woolwich target him.

Hahaha.

No.
Ok. Let us look at the last 20 years. Other than Harry Kane, who have we had who we can say without bias is a better striker than Costa? This is a proven 20 goal a season striker and is among the Elite. We need to buy him. As a free agent its a bargain and he would love to come to Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom