Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

just off the top of my head, Berbatov was twice the player Costa is

Costa is a one dimensional target man who certainly is a good option for someone out there who plays a very direct style, im not sure its us - or anyone else as he hasnt exactly been inundated with offers

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Diego Costa is not old, he is 32 and available as a free agent. I.e. He can still do the business for a few more years, given his style of play etc. In addition, even though he might not be 100% at his prime, even at his current state he is better than every striker who has ever played for Spurs, with the exception of Kane and Klinnsman. Identifying this opportunity is not a waste of time. I sent in emails about this to the club, but I have not gotten a reply. I just don't want to risk them overlooking this amazing opportunity. We can get a world class striker with a proven record in the EPL for free. Its Diwali come early.

Defoe was a good striker at his prime, but he is past it. While would be nice to see some of these guys for sentimental reasons, they are not on the level that Costa and Sturridge are. Those two are game winners and they would come to club.

I'm sure many of you who are active community and supporter club leaders have a voice or have a contact at the club. Can someone please write in and identify these opportunities for them? Especially Costa, we should get in on that before Woolwich target him.
Absolutely spot on mate. You can email them yourself. They take player scouting from fans very seriously. Take it to the top don't bother emailing Hitchen he's usually out of office

[email protected]

Costa is a one dimensional target man who certainly is a good option for someone out there who plays a very direct style, im not sure its us - or anyone else as he hasnt exactly been inundated with offers

100% agree with Berbatov being world class, quite ashamed that I omitted that.

But Costa's ability to distract defenders would be amazing alongside the likes of Son and Lucas and Delle. I really think if we go for this, it could go down as one of the best free signings in history.

Absolutely spot on mate. You can email them yourself. They take player scouting from fans very seriously. Take it to the top don't bother emailing Hitchen he's usually out of office

[email protected]
I know this is a joke email, but I am not discouraged.
I already tried to contact him and give him advice. First I tried to connect to him on LinkedIn but it didn't work. I'm currently sending messages to people on his network to ask for an introduction. One way or another, I will find away to alert him. I love this club and I just wish more people would not be shy and try these efforts to get in touch. Together we are an army, we literally would find a way to get through if we all tried.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Diego Costa is not old, he is 32 and available as a free agent. I.e. He can still do the business for a few more years, given his style of play etc. In addition, even though he might not be 100% at his prime, even at his current state he is better than every striker who has ever played for Spurs, with the exception of Kane and Klinnsman. Identifying this opportunity is not a waste of time. I sent in emails about this to the club, but I have not gotten a reply. I just don't want to risk them overlooking this amazing opportunity. We can get a world class striker with a proven record in the EPL for free. Its Diwali come early.

Defoe was a good striker at his prime, but he is past it. While would be nice to see some of these guys for sentimental reasons, they are not on the level that Costa and Sturridge are. Those two are game winners and they would come to club.

I'm sure many of you who are active community and supporter club leaders have a voice or have a contact at the club. Can someone please write in and identify these opportunities for them? Especially Costa, we should get in on that before Woolwich target him.

Ok. Let us look at the last 20 years. Other than Harry Kane, who have we had who we can say without bias is a better striker than Costa? This is a proven 20 goal a season striker and is among the Elite. We need to buy him. As a free agent its a bargain and he would love to come to Spurs.
Your quite new so ill be respectful...this thing your doing with Chelsea players...we don't do that here. Happy Diwali by the way. Since your celebrating early

Your quite new so ill be respectful...this thing your doing with Chelsea players...we don't do that here. Happy Diwali by the way. Since your celebrating early

But we aren't paying Chelsea for him, hes coming as a free agent. We have had many great players who used to be at Chelsea. Poyet, Gallas, Venables and Parker to name a few.

Is Costa the one that looks like Odd Bod from Carry on Screaming?

For that reason, its a no...

I just looked up Odd Bod on google. I see exactly what you mean. Thanks, that made my day.

I did boss. I said:

"Ok. Let us look at the last 20 years. Other than Harry Kane, who have we had who we can say without bias is a better striker than Costa? "

Who cares if Costa was better than every striker we aren't getting 2010-2015 Costa we are getting 2021-22 Costa and that guy is not only not better than most strikers we have have in the last 10 years he is not close to as good as many other strikers we could get today.

This may come across as harsh, and if it is I apologize, but am I missing something here? Is this a joke account and I am clearly missing the joke over the internet that I should be seeing?

Ok. Let us look at the last 20 years. Other than Harry Kane, who have we had who we can say without bias is a better striker than Costa? This is a proven 20 goal a season striker and is among the Elite. We need to buy him. As a free agent its a bargain and he would love to come to Spurs.

100% agree with Berbatov being world class, quite ashamed that I omitted that.

But Costa's ability to distract defenders would be amazing alongside the likes of Son and Lucas and Delle. I really think if we go for this, it could go down as one of the best free signings in history.
I would sell my Son if Berbatov asked me to... fucking LOVED him.... he truly Oozed class... but then he fucked off to Utd.... same old same old.

Is he available?

Now I know why all those shite bollywood films are rated so high on IMDB.

It doesn’t on one level. Kane has more or less intimated I understand, that he wants to stay in England, which would mean a Top 4 rival. He’s hardly looking to move to Burnley or Southampton.
The way the media act you could be forgiven for thinking we are Southampton or Burnley level and they are a rival and the “big” clubs are doing us a right favour taking one of our better players. Ridiculous, why is no one creaming their pants about Ings ? Go give Southampton £50m and he’s yours with a bow tied to him.

Back
Top Bottom