Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City have been emphatic all summer that they will not pay £160m for him, so I don’t really see how this ends. Bernardo, Sterling and Laporte wouldn’t want to come here. They don’t want to pay full price because it would be like launching a moon-sized neon sign into outer space that says “WE ARE DESTROYING FOOTBALL”.

City are the party that need to compromise, not us, and if you actually look at their dealings they have never done that. When Alexis started asking for too much money, they let him join United. They were outbid by United for Fred. They are very precious about the perception of their spending. Pep recently was crying about how they couldn’t afford to buy a striker. So let’s see what they do. All Kane’s frustration should be directed at them. Right now they are more interested in Grealish than him.

Dan Kilpatrick (@Dan_KP) Tweeted: #thfc Now hearing club Kane is due back at Spurs later this week and club is aware of his situation. Kane believes situation has been blown out of proportion.

Maybe if he had just communicated with us what has happening, things wouldn't have been blown out proportion.

Instead he doesn't turn up to training and there's radio silence from his camp. What else was he expecting, people to just say nothing and accept it? Come on.

So if Kane stays, does he play? There's no chance he'll be 100%, at least not for a while. Do we allow him to just rot in the reserves or youth teams? For every passing month he's not playing his value decreases little by little.

Keeping him at the club with the damage that has now already been done would be even more insane than accepting less for him than many would like.

It's in his own interests to knuckle down and get on with it if his dumb plan fails.

No amount of over-selling things will change that.

I feel like this should be a stock response but...

I can be angry and Levy and Kane simultaneously over this one.

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

Gentleman agreement with Levy. If I was a player with an agent I would get either a shorter contract or a exit clause. I might imagine Levy saying we will sell you if you wish to go, on no planet is Levy saying we will sell you cheap if you wish to go.

If he ‘seems’ to be an honest chap why wasn’t he. ‘honest’ with the fans and the Club by putting in a written transfer request stating why he wants to move???

Maybe Kane isn’t as ‘honest’ as he seems??
You really don’t know why ? I’m surprised , because it’ll cost him money . Him wanting to save himself some ££ doesn’t have much to do with how he came across before this apparent disaster.

Surely the price is £200 million? He is worth that to us. It will definitely be over £160 million because of that Sun article the other week.

He's only returning to training for one of two reasons. 1. He has seen the backlash from fans, ex players and the media and is scared it has hurt him or 2. Man City have put in another bid closer to what we want.

As to which is the truth, we have to make up our minds as to what is more realistic, 1 or 2?
Right now the price could be a trillion, it doesn't matter. City have offered £100m in cash or equivalent value in cash and players. There are some reports that they could go up to £130m, which isn't enough unless your throw Laporte on top of that.

As for 1/2, I don't know why a Man City bid would change his mind unless they are bidding some absurd amount that Levy can't turn down, which all indications are that isn't going to happen. The most likely explaination is Kane's team didn't think everything through and he's having second thoughts.

Honestly you are in cloud cuckoo land. Kane won’t want to sit in the reserves for 3 years - he will be 31 when he comes out of contract.

my Point is we don’t do deals with terrorists and right now Kane is a terrorist. Do to him wha5 we did to Danby Rose. Kane’s ego won’t allow that.
The state of some of our fans. Absolute psychos.

Gentleman agreement with Levy. If I was a player with an agent I would get either a shorter contract or a exit clause. I might imagine Levy saying we will sell you if you wish to go, on no planet is Levy saying we will sell you cheap if you wish to go.

Of course, but he doesn't have an agent. He has a brother doing his work for him. What his brother should have done last season was negotiate a new contract but he didn't.

People have different perspectives on things in life.... but if you feel your perspective is the only one and that it makes you a superior Spurs fan to me, then feel free to feel so...

I've not claimed superiority.....

Meanwhile you essentially called the majority of us hypocrites yesterday....

Shakey ground this hill you're building for yourself here.

You really don’t know why ? I’m surprised , because it’ll cost him money . Him wanting to save himself some ££ doesn’t have much to do with how he came across before this apparent disaster.
But we've been told by members of this forum that his wanting to move is about trophies and has absolutely nothing to do with money.

No idea what the bonus is but he'd make it back in a year from his increased salary.
Guessing

Back
Top Bottom