Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To me Kane has gone from being a hero/legend to merely an employee of the club. I still want him to do well and score goals because it will benefit THFC.
I don't hate him or wish him ill will but knowing he would rather be somewhere else than Spurs is a bitter pill to swallow.
Pretty much where i am with him as well.
Of course i want him to do well, as when he scores goals we as a team benefit.
But as other posters have said, i will never sing "he's one of our own" again.
Not for the foreseeable anyway.

I understand where you guys are coming from. And everyone have 100% freedom of action, no one else can say what is right or wrong. So not here to argue or convince.

I personally felt bad for him not to turn up. And the confusion / lack of information & clarity sucked.

But I can't really be mad at him for wanting to play for some other club. He is one of the best players on the face of earth and if we look at all things together, then we have to be honest - Spurs as a team has been below his level for number of years. And I am grateful that he has stayed for time he has stayed.

Even after he made his desire known and nothing materialized, he accepted it and came back to the team. Still being up for it and still being useful. He could have totally drowned the tools, hand a transfer request and refuse to play etc. Luckly he did not and I personally still feel that he is one of our own.
Let's face it, other players who have been here for shorter period and who have not given nearly as much for the club as Kane has, would also jump at the chance to join Manchester City now. So for me he is still more than an employee or soldier of fortune.

I did not want Kane to leave and so have to support him doing well. However I no longer am interested in him getting goal scoring records for Spurs or England. Yes I want him to score many times for us this season but will not be disappointed if someone else scores 1 more to get Golden Boot.

Trolling.
I am not saying he was abusive towards anyone in the forum.

For me, it is absolutely unacceptable if someone is 24/7 finding apologies for one player. Never ever admitting anything to be wrong with him, despite how little and rare impact the player brings. And yet is constantly on the case of player like Kane who has literally single-handedly carried the whole team and deserves much respect and credit for that, even after the issues during this summer.

I understand that it might be too soft and to some it might not be reason enough. But to me it is.
It's not trolling fella

That's just my opinion and it's been my opinion for a while

See thoughts by this fan below - he shares the exact same sentiment about Kane as I do - basically took the words out of my mouth

There are Spurs fans that aren't as fond of Kane as you are

Last edited:
Trolling.

For me, it is absolutely unacceptable if someone is 24/7 finding apologies for one player. Never ever admitting anything to be wrong with him, despite how little and rare impact the player brings. And yet is constantly on the case of player like Kane who has literally single-handedly carried the whole team and deserves much respect and credit for that, even after the issues during this summer.

I understand that it might be too soft and to some it might not be reason enough. But to me it is.
I also don't agree with what you said above.

Kane did not "single-handedly carry the whole team"

What about Son's 39 goal contributions, PEH's defensive prowess and relentlessness throughout the pitch, Hugo's top class goalkeeping and leadership, Bale's 13 goal contributions in 20 apps etc.... I could go on.

You're trying to make this club just about Kane but it's so much more than Kane. This really needs to stop.

If he decides he wants to leave, we'll be fine - I hope he does leave so we don't have to put up with playing Harry Kane ball. Sooner he leaves, the better off we'll be.

Trolling.

I guess you have just been following what the british tabloids say and not been watching us all these years then. Eriksen, Lloris & Son would have something to say about that BS.

I also don't agree with what you said above.

Kane did not "single-handedly carry the whole team"

What about Son's 39 goal contributions, PEH's defensive prowess and relentlessness throughout the pitch, Hugo's top class goalkeeping and leadership, Bale's 13 goal contributions in 20 apps etc.... I could go on.

You're trying to make this club just about Kane but it's so much more than Kane. This really needs to stop.

If he decides he wants to leave, we'll be fine - I hope he does leave so we don't have to put up with playing Harry Kane ball. Sooner he leaves, the better off we'll be.

1) I never said that he carried the whole team last season, what you seem to talk about.
2) Club is never only all about Kane. And I have said number of times in number of threads that during this summer we should have more focused on "Tottenham Hotspur situation" and much less on "Harry Kane situation". If he leaves, he leaves. This club will exist and can do well after he leaves. In transfer window thread I even suggested that Kane departure (for fair price ofc) could have benefitted the team and help to finance the rebuild. So I have never said that Kane is bigger than the club.
3) But what I meant and still 100% mean is that you lack any level of self-awareness. I doubt that there is person who genuinely is so blind to his own bias - how you try to find any kind of excuses to any kind of issues that regard Ndombele, and at the same time you only find flaws, issues and problems for another player that is Kane. So that seems like obvious trolling.
And now something that made my shit boil is that Kane has given this club 100x more than Ndombele. Very-very likely Kane has given more than Ndombele ever will. So piling shit on someone so important as Kane and trying to picture someone who has so far let club down so badly as Ndombele seems like very obvious and cynical trolling.

Harry trying to work out he fucked his dream move up....

E-GrzkFWYAkNBDF

To me Kane has gone from being a hero/legend to merely an employee of the club. I still want him to do well and score goals because it will benefit THFC.
I don't hate him or wish him ill will but knowing he would rather be somewhere else than Spurs is a bitter pill to swallow.
What is your feelings toward Daniel Levy?

Back
Top Bottom