Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So piling shit on someone so important as Kane and trying to picture someone who has so far let club down so badly as Ndombele seems like very obvious and cynical trolling.
I've made it clear that I think NDombele has been a disappointing but at the same time, I don't think he's been given a fair shot. No one knows what's going on.

When he's been on the pitch, he's obviously a difference maker and adds much needed passing/creativity in the midfield - something we desperately need. In my own personal view, he's our best midfielder.

So whatever issues he has, the club and the player should get it sorted out quickly so he can start contributing. Or if we want to sell/get rid of him, lets proceed accordingly.

To me Kane has gone from being a hero/legend to merely an employee of the club. I still want him to do well and score goals because it will benefit THFC.
I don't hate him or wish him ill will but knowing he would rather be somewhere else than Spurs is a bitter pill to swallow.
Best outcome is that Kane concentrates hard on breaking the individual records that mean a lot to him (club record goalscorer, league top goalscorer) and it will have the net effect of benefitting THFC.

I will cheer his goals but I won't be singing that song either. I will put most of my energies into supporting players who actually want to be here like Son, Dele, Dier, Hugo etc.

I'm happy he's still here because he's a fantastic player but trying to engineer a (failed) move has taken the shine off for me. I know others might think differently and that's fine.

My girlfriend used to look at me like Nuno is looking at Harry there.

I miss those times.
Maybe I'm misreading the pic, but it looks to me like Nuno is thinking - "I'm watching you, you sneaky fucker"

E9-WseqXIAQG23R

Have been backing Harry throughout this saga due to his 17 years and undoubted class. But. The past week or so has really pissed me off. Has he got no humility or caring to recognise what his manoeuvring has meant to fans? His entourage have been pretty classless and there been a total lack of respect to the real club i.e. the fans. He should have properly recognised how this saga has been for us. We can’t chose or change clubs. We put our hard work, money, time, tears and effort in - funding the whole damn game - and we’ll always be here and always be Spurs, however shit we are and whatever the circumstances we’re in. He’s just coming across as an out of touch arrogant twat. I can’t see him in the same way any more. He’s like the expensive car I’ve never had that I’d look at as an asset and a commodity. Not as part of the family. He was that. He’s lost it. He’s not one of us.

Have been backing Harry throughout this saga due to his 17 years and undoubted class. But. The past week or so has really pissed me off. Has he got no humility or caring to recognise what his manoeuvring has meant to fans? His entourage have been pretty classless and there been a total lack of respect to the real club i.e. the fans. He should have properly recognised how this saga has been for us. We can’t chose or change clubs. We put our hard work, money, time, tears and effort in - funding the whole damn game - and we’ll always be here and always be Spurs, however shit we are and whatever the circumstances we’re in. He’s just coming across as an out of touch arrogant twat. I can’t see him in the same way any more. He’s like the expensive car I’ve never had that I’d look at as an asset and a commodity. Not as part of the family. He was that. He’s lost it. He’s not one of us.

just give it a rest mate. He’s here now and will put in 100% of the effort too try and win us trophies. Pointless crying over spilt milk. Take your frustration out on him next summer if he does eventually leave, but for now he’s our player and our best player, so support the guy. Thankfully most our supporters haven’t got your attitude and have been giving Harry a good reception.

just give it a rest mate. He’s here now and will put in 100% of the effort too try and win us trophies. Pointless crying over spilt milk. Take your frustration out on him next summer if he does eventually leave, but for now he’s our player and our best player, so support the guy. Thankfully most our supporters haven’t got your attitude and have been giving Harry a good reception.
I will too as I have done at every game this season. But I can’t pretend he’s lost so much goodwill with our support and for good reasons. Guy needs to knuckle down and work hard for us. Nobody came in with £100m. Madrid went crazy money for others. Harry needs to find some humility and show respect and commitment to us. We are the club.

Funny how people think Harry got NOTHING out of signing that contract.

People fail to realize that the club and Harry himself were securing his financial future.

If he ends up having a career ending injury, guess who's still responsible for paying him through his contract?
Obviously he could have secured a shorter term and perhaps a release clause in exchange for a still large, though lesser, salary.

Maybe I'm a mug, but I truly believe that Kane did that deal in substantial part due to what "smashing the wage structure" (which was the entire story at the time, Kane got Levy to pay what he said the club wouldn't and couldn't pay) would mean for the competitive future of the club.

Kane has done everything to MAKE us the kind of club he dreams of playing for. Doesn't mean he's always right, Jose would still be here and we'd be overpaying lots of older players if we just let Kane run the show, but his heart was in the right place until he finally gave up on Levy.

Back
Top Bottom