Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s done us good during his time here, but all good things must come to an end at some point.

I’ve already moved on from this episode.

Let’s look forward to the season ahead. We have enough attacking force to smash brentford. Let’s do it ! 👊

Such mixed feeling. I’ve been an absolute cunt to be around for the last couple of days . Spammers and gooners not even mentioning it.

if his behaviour around the Neville show and City have never transpired, I would be distraught. But Harry showed his hand then. Don’t get me wrong he put in very good performances post the City Bollocks, but my personal feelings towards him would always be marred by that episode. In the same way Son signing during the shitshow would always leave me feeling grateful for his show of loyalty.

this season I had mixed feelings again. Wanted Harry in the team leading Ange’s charge to the title. But didn’t want the shitshow of where’s Harry going next all fucking season. Blessed and cursed somehow no matter his decision.

I hope he does ok by BM but it is an aside for me.

Ange ball starts now and I’m all in!

Yep - dust yourself down and do your job. It's time for more leaders to step forward.
More leaders??? Do we have any?

Ahh sorry, forgot about Dier!

Canadian Idk GIF

Your undying need to defend the cunt chairman by making up lies shows you up as the actual one note troll.
You clearly don’t read my posts.
Anyone expressing any nuance over ENIC i.e doesn’t call the owners ’‘cockroaches’ and ‘parasites’ is clearly a troll in your eyes. I also don’t care about where we play pre-season matches or the nationality of the players we sign either. Horror!

22/23 they won it on goal differential
21/22 they won it by 8 points
20/21 they won it by 13 points
19/20 they won it by 13 points
18/19 they won it by 2 points
17/18 they won it by 21 points
16/17 they won it by 15 points
15/16 they won it by 10 points
14/15 they won it by 10 points
13/14 they won it by 19 points
12/13 they won it by 25 points

I stopped there, but "in case you don't football", BM have won it 11 straight times with an average margin of 12 points. Very exciting indeed.

They won it by 19 or more points as many times (3) as they won it by fewer than 8 points (3).

But sure, last year was decided on the last day, so let's just ignore the previous 10 years' results.

Liverpool was a point away in 20/21, won it in 19/20, a point away in 18/19, and add the fact that the Scum and Leicester (fluke sure, but it happened) won titles, and there's more competitive balance in the PL than the Bundesliga and it's not close, even if City is the favorite every year. It's not a more exciting league when it comes to parity. THAT'S one of the main draws to BM for him.

Levy can't make Kane sign a contract with anyone. Levy doesn't get to decide whether Kane left for free or not, that was Kane's decision, he had all the leverage here. He only needed to wait until January to sign with whatever club he wanted to.

I understand he didn't want to sign a new contract here. My point is he could have signed for virtually any club in the world if he just waited 4 more months.

Nothing you posted refutes my point.

To be clear, if he was not going to sign with us, i'm thrilled he's leaving the premier league. I understand why he went to Bayern, he's guaranteed to win trophies. But I don't understand why he went to Bayern now, other than to make sure Spurs got some money on his way out.

Admirable, but still not the best decision IMO.
He could have signed with Bayern in January, they'll be just as likely to win the Bundesliga next year. He (potentially) could have gotten more money because they didn't pay a transfer fee (paying him a sign on bonus instead), all while getting himself closer to Shearer's record by dropping another 30 goals in the PL this season.

For me, he gave up leverage to go to a club that is no less likely to win the league title next year than they are this year. Same goes for their Champions League odds.
Good work.

His first start for Munich will probably be away at Werder Bremen. It is up against Forest v Sheffield United, so I might give it a go just to see how he looks in that league.

Back
Top Bottom