Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regardless of the 'can we keep Kane' saga....

Do you think City would sell players to us (or any upper tier EPL team)?

Can't recall any previously.... Also see Sancho refusal when we sold Walker.....
In the post-COVID environment, then absolutely yes.

Every team is going to have issues in selling players this year, be they top players and getting the valuation they should be prior to COVID (Kane is a typical example of this) or fringe players that are under contract on relatively high wages that other clubs might not be able to afford the wages (transfer fee wouldn't be the issue, wages would be an issue).

City one of just a tiny, tiny handful of Clubs that can navigate their way around all of this of course but this doesn't mean that they would want to keep players like Silva, Mendy on their books if a) they are never played b) couldn't sell to another Club outside of the PL (wouldn't sell to PSG/Madrid/Barca/Bayern who are rivals to CL), so doesn't leave many other options.

Also, we were a direct threat to them when we enquired about Sancho, we aren't now.

Our biggest issue isn't about players in or out, it's about what players in or out. It could be DoF has this covered, right now as a fan it's hard to know if this is the case. So, what I see from us fans point of view is what is our DoF's identity for Spurs to play like, so we could all lust after Silva or whoever, but if he's not a player that fits the profile of the squad we are looking to build it's pointless being offered him or us as fans getting excited about player 'x'. We are all a bit blind just now, amplified by not having a coach in which we can say this guy plays a defined style.

In the post-COVID environment, then absolutely yes.

Every team is going to have issues in selling players this year, be they top players and getting the valuation they should be prior to COVID (Kane is a typical example of this) or fringe players that are under contract on relatively high wages that other clubs might not be able to afford the wages (transfer fee wouldn't be the issue, wages would be an issue).

City one of just a tiny, tiny handful of Clubs that can navigate their way around all of this of course but this doesn't mean that they would want to keep players like Silva, Mendy on their books if a) they are never played b) couldn't sell to another Club outside of the PL (wouldn't sell to PSG/Madrid/Barca/Bayern who are rivals to CL), so doesn't leave many other options.

Also, we were a direct threat to them when we enquired about Sancho, we aren't now.

Our biggest issue isn't about players in or out, it's about what players in or out. It could be DoF has this covered, right now as a fan it's hard to know if this is the case. So, what I see from us fans point of view is what is our DoF's identity for Spurs to play like, so we could all lust after Silva or whoever, but if he's not a player that fits the profile of the squad we are looking to build it's pointless being offered him or us as fans getting excited about player 'x'. We are all a bit blind just now, amplified by not having a coach in which we can say this guy plays a defined style.

Key points IMO.

Would love to see a thriving Bernardo here tho.

100 m plus Laporte and Jesus and I’m in.

9 goals from 29 League apps this season, within one of Europe's most creative teams isn't really a strong selling point IMO.

Not saying he's shit, plus he's still young but Vinicius scored only 4 goals less than him in total this season and did so playing in a low-block Tottenham managed by Pullis on steroids and played 20 TWENTY fewer games!!! Pass.

Time to report City for tapping up amazing how the total figure bid is exactly the same as the figure Harry said in his interview with Gary Neville. They have made an illegal approach and I question when it was they deserve a transfer ban.

Time to report City for tapping up amazing how the total figure bid is exactly the same as the figure Harry said in his interview with Gary Neville. They have made an illegal approach and I question when it was they deserve a transfer ban.
As much as I would love that to happen... but the ship for all things fair and just in football has long since sailed and then sunk.

Nobody is stopping money any more.

Back
Top Bottom