Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd take videos like this with a pinch of salt. Dembele was incredible (one of the reasons he wasn't considered WC was his injuries and because he didn't find the role he suited till late on) but he was a player that other players will love. He enabled others to play their game with the space he opened up for them via his runs and the fact he was press resistant. He's the kind of guy it's a joy to play with.

And Kane has been called world class by loads of his teammates. Skipp only recently said he was a world class striker and pretty much everyone who has trained with him has only had good things to say. Managers like Conte and Guardiola have referred to him as a world class player too, and Mourinho post-Spurs said he was one of the best players he worked with.

Plenty of ex managers/players/coaches have only good things to say about Kane as a player.
And prior to this Summer and this season I would agree but that was before he was tapped up

He’s been shite for club and country since

And prior to this Summer and this season I would agree but that was before he was tapped up

He’s been shite for club and country since

Couldn't agree more. And honestly even the last few seasons I've not been as big a fan as others, he's still clearly been a productive player but he lacked energy. Those ankle injuries imo did a real number on his ability or willingness to press and really get stuck in regularly.

Right now he's useless. Totally useless.

We won’t replace Kane’s goal output again from a single striker for a generation. If we do it’s pure luck, the numbers he’s put up in his career illustrate that perfectly.

Another Keane, Defoe, Sheringham is much more likely and while not disastrous, it’s not on the same level as Kane at all.
Imagine if the new guy scores goals that actually lead us some where though, despite maybe scoring 5 less a season

Couldn't agree more. And honestly even the last few seasons I've not been as big a fan as others, he's still clearly been a productive player but he lacked energy. Those ankle injuries imo did a real number on his ability or willingness to press and really get stuck in regularly.

Right now he's useless. Totally useless.

This is why Kane actually weakens whole team if he doesn't score.
lack of energy and unwillingness to press means more burden to other teammates,
Kane doesn't carry this team anymore; whole team has to carry Kane nowadays, and it's burden.

This team played best game of the season against Man City, and It's not a fluke that this team played with such a high energy, and effort without Kane in the lineup.

I rather see front three of Gil Son Moura until Kane regains his form. Use him as a super sub when the team needs a goal. He would actually be very useful in that situation.

Last edited:
Berbatov was playing in a team for us for 2 seasons that basically came midtable both seasons. Kane has played a few seasons for us where we challenged for the league, and better players around him, hence more goals. Berba also turned up for us in a final against a superior team. The man was quality.
The last time I checked, we finished 5th in 06/07 and 11th in 07/08 and the goal Berbatov scored for us in the Carling Cup final against Chelsea was a penalty, not from open play.

Although Berbatov scored the same amount of goals in his second season as he did in the first, I don't think he was the same player. A lot of perfunctory, routine headed goals which were a far cry from the stunners he delivered in his first season. The only game where he really turned it on for us in 07/08 was the 6-4 against Reading.

He was a frustrating player to watch in the second season and it always felt like he had one foot out the door.

The last time I checked, we finished 5th in 06/07 and 11th in 07/08 and the goal Berbatov scored for us in the Carling Cup final against Chelsea was a penalty, not from open play.

Although Berbatov scored the same amount of goals in his second season as he did in the first, I don't think he was the same player. A lot of perfunctory, routine headed goals which were a far cry from the stunners he delivered in his first season. The only game where he really turned it on for us in 07/08 was the 6-4 against Reading.

He was a frustrating player to watch in the second season and it always felt like he had one foot out the door.
Hmmm - just check Berba’s record post us to see the quality (same with Sheringham etc). Hard not to compare the rest of that Berbatov / Keane Spurs to the peak Poch team and see the quality that Berba (and Keane to some extent) really had - can’t solely blame Kane as the team doesn’t have the legs or control in MF it used to have. His England form is down, tho, where he is undoubtedly surrounded by quality and should have enough possession to make a difference.

For me, it’s a bit of him being fearful of injury, but also believing his own hype that he’s some kind of Pirlo and Greaves in one where, in fact, he’s caught in a no-man’s-land between the two styles. The tactics probably aren’t helping, either.

Shame.

On a side note, what I’d give for a BMJ right now for some exciting football!

Never heard of the source, but I'm sure its a top tier outfit. This would be ideal!

Lol this is never happening. They are just using poor Harry again as a negotiation tactic for Mbappe. Just like City used Harry. It’s the oldest trick in the book. You make it seem like you have interest in several players, not just one, otherwise teams feel the desperation and have leverage.

Is there anything that gets the Kane fanboys more wound up than speaking the truth and saying Son has been better than Kane over the last several seasons and is our most important player?

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

Back
Top Bottom