Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

winks would look better than sissoko if you dropped right down the levels, but at this level sissoko at least had some attributes that gave some value to the team. winks is not a premier league footballer and sissoko is no longer good enough for us.
Both fucking terrible

terminator GIF
conte seeing winks for the first time

What went wrong for Winks? I know its normal to curse him now but there was a time as a young player when he showed a lot of potential and talent. He'd look for the forward pass, take risks and pass between the lines. He had the ability to take the ball from the defence on the half turn and be aware of whats around him and get the ball moving forward. Those skills is why he also became a firm favourite of Southgate at one point.

Somewhere along the line he lost all of that and became............well, Sissoko. Panicked when he received the ball or positioned himself in places where he wouldn't get the ball. He stopped looking forward. Went for the safe option everytime. I'm not sure where it started going wrong but gone wrong it has. He needs to take a step down to a Brighton-esque team where he might be able to shine again.

His progress was stunted by being misused, imo
Yeah I think that’s fair.

Best thing that can happen to him is to be moved onto a club where he’ll play week in, week out. In hindsight he should have been sent out on loan earlier on in his career to A) give him regular game time and B) give the club an idea of how good he is. He’s just been largely around the fringes of the first team at Spurs, been starved of game time because he wasn’t quite good enough and therefore never developed past a young player who had potential.

I take the piss and claim his level is League 1 but I’m sure if he was playing regularly in a team like Crystal Palace or Newcastle then he’d do alright for them. He just isn’t a player good enough for a club wanting to qualify for the CL. Maybe he will be with regular game time under his belt but right now he and the club should be looking at moving him on.

What went wrong for Winks? I know its normal to curse him now but there was a time as a young player when he showed a lot of potential and talent. He'd look for the forward pass, take risks and pass between the lines. He had the ability to take the ball from the defence on the half turn and be aware of whats around him and get the ball moving forward. Those skills is why he also became a firm favourite of Southgate at one point.

Somewhere along the line he lost all of that and became............well, Sissoko. Panicked when he received the ball or positioned himself in places where he wouldn't get the ball. He stopped looking forward. Went for the safe option everytime. I'm not sure where it started going wrong but gone wrong it has. He needs to take a step down to a Brighton-esque team where he might be able to shine again.
He wasn’t creative enough for an 8, so was asked to play as a 6. Alas, he can’t tackle and I genuinely don’t blame him for being played out of position. He also lost all his confidence.

Just one of those players who fades away.

He wasn’t creative enough for an 8, so was asked to play as a 6. Alas, he can’t tackle and I genuinely don’t blame him for being played out of position. He also lost all his confidence.

Just one of those players who fades away.
But during those couple of years he was productive he would put in a tackle and he did have some passing range to him.

I wouldn't totally forestall the possibility of Winks coming good under Conte. In a midfield 3 under a give-em-hell coach seems like where he belongs, whatever level he ultimately finds.

Absolute SCENES when Conte decides to build his team around Winks.
That’s exactly what some of his Fanbois are saying on SC that he should be upgraded ffs!

leads the PL in Line Breaks whatever that is

I’ve been taking the piss out of them all day!

That’s exactly what some of his Fanbois are saying on SC that he should be upgraded ffs!

leads the PL in Line Breaks whatever that is

I’ve been taking the piss out of them all day!
calm down we are talking about prime iniesta here..............if iniesta was more of a backpasser. dont forget this is also the sport where the goal is the corner flag, such peaches of shots hitting the mark.

But during those couple of years he was productive he would put in a tackle and he did have some passing range to him.

I wouldn't totally forestall the possibility of Winks coming good under Conte. In a midfield 3 under a give-em-hell coach seems like where he belongs, whatever level he ultimately finds.
Yep. I hold nothing against him and would love to see him do well. I just don’t think he will reach the levels we need. He’s definitely better in a three.

He actually looked his best in England games against minnows. He doesn’t really do well under pressure or pressing. Another league might suit him.

Conte will start swinging punches if Winks and PEH continue their cowardly backwards ‘opt out’ passing.... can literally see them taking whacks. I’m sure this degenerate anti football was encouraged under the cunt but if players are open and they go backwards, WHACK

Yep. I hold nothing against him and would love to see him do well. I just don’t think he will reach the levels we need. He’s definitely better in a three.

He actually looked his best in England games against minnows. He doesn’t really do well under pressure or pressing. Another league might suit him.
A great example of critiquing a player without resorting to name calling.

Back
Top Bottom