Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of you may remember I saw Winks in a waitrose in Barnet - incidentally I saw Sanchez there as well. Should have just told him to fuck off and stop being a cunt. 😉

Were they with Paddy and was he holding their bags?

Flexing Season 5 GIF by Friends

Sanchez was on his own. Spotted him while he was at the checkout due to height. Winks was with his missus checking out the steak- she clearly is the one who controls things; he looked like a lost puppy.

Is she hot?

Hotter than Winksyboy??

I genuinely feel for Winks.

He's received a fair amount of banter/shit off Spurs fans over the years, myself included. He didn't pick himself and he wasn't dragging his heels refusing to move on. No one at the club wanted to sell him. The fact that he is HG likely kept him here and unfortunately affected his development. He needed game time and he obviously hasn't been good enough to start for us for a number of seasons. He was never going to improve sat on the bench and any performances that he gave from it didn't represent the best version of him due to the lack of form/confidence/playtime.

It looks like he's finally going to move but he'd be daft to go somewhere where he isn't going to be a nailed-on starter week in, week out. So he has the choice of gambling by playing for a team lower down the table in the toughest league in the world where, to date he has failed to impress OR he can try and push for a move to Spain where his style of football is better suited. Slightly slower pace, less physical, more time on the ball, less pressure. A couple of solid seasons in La Liga and who knows what type of player he develops into.

I always wonder how much injury has affected him. But he’s not been good enough for spurs for a long time now.

Age 18/19 he had it all in front of him. Starting for England under 17s before that as well.

Let’s see how Alfie Devine is doing in 10 years time. He’s the next big thing at the moment.

Next Harry Kane?, Harry winks? or any other number of young players who never reached their potential due to injury or other circumstances…….

I genuinely feel for Winks.

He's received a fair amount of banter/shit off Spurs fans over the years, myself included. He didn't pick himself and he wasn't dragging his heels refusing to move on. No one at the club wanted to sell him. The fact that he is HG likely kept him here and unfortunately affected his development. He needed game time and he obviously hasn't been good enough to start for us for a number of seasons. He was never going to improve sat on the bench and any performances that he gave from it didn't represent the best version of him due to the lack of form/confidence/playtime.

It looks like he's finally going to move but he'd be daft to go somewhere where he isn't going to be a nailed-on starter week in, week out. So he has the choice of gambling by playing for a team lower down the table in the toughest league in the world where, to date he has failed to impress OR he can try and push for a move to Spain where his style of football is better suited. Slightly slower pace, less physical, more time on the ball, less pressure. A couple of solid seasons in La Liga and who knows what type of player he develops into.
I saw someone on Twitter mugging off CCV when he left. Bloke had been with us since he was a kid, done his best and earned us a fee that probably paid for everything we ever paid him and more. Completely graceless.

You can't blame Winks for signing the contract we gave him in 2019 nor for the catastrophic recruitment in midfield and gameplans in which he couldn't hope to succeed. Good luck to him.

Honestly dont get the winks groupies and this big noise surrounding Winks. Guy cant pass, score, tackle, trackback, has no speed or strength, always looks lost. A complete non entity as a player.

Let's break this down shall we

FLOL

So was Tommy Carrol, so was Ryan Mason, so were plenty of other average footballers who left after initially getting over hyped because they came from our youth setup.

Probably got worse rather than better in the intervening 8 years. Yes. That was EIGHT years ago. POch stopped playing him eventually.

20 Minutes in 2 full seasons. This claim it was Poch taking his time nurturing him is opinion. It was more likely that he wasn't good enough. (also opinion tbf)

So by the time he had this ankle injury that every one thinks set him back, he'd played in a grand total of 33 games in all comps. In one of the best performing Spurs teams of the modern era. And let's look at it properly. 3 PL starts and 18 sub appearances. In that same season Dier started 34 games in DMF. Demebele 24. Wanyama 35. Overall, Winks started just 12 games in all comps. The rest were subs.

The rest of it is just opinion. The so called eye catching performances were in games where the whole team were absolutely brilliant. And then it all ended and Winks is what we see today.

You're one of his fiercest supporters. I can't fathom why anyone is. He's behind younger kids today. Never let sentiment get in the way of ambition. He's nowhere near good enough for THFC. Fan or not. Youth or not. He is nowhere near good enough.

This poster actually called himself ‘Winksyboy’ on SC before getting banned for life and still won’t have it that he’s shite

Quite amazing actually!

Back
Top Bottom