Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm confident that if Winks gets consistent game time at a club he will show his quality. His minutes at Spurs in recent seasons have been sporadic since there have been players in front of him that suited our system better.

Conte had faith in him to praise him and consistently bring him on from the bench. He wouldn't have done that if he doesn't rate him as a player.

I'd hope that we put in a buy back clause in any contract as our lack of club trained players could come back to bite us; especially if Kane decides to down tools again.

It seems that we have our next generation of midfielders lined up with Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancaur all <=25.

Good times ahead.

I'm confident that if Winks gets consistent game time at a club he will show his quality. His minutes at Spurs in recent seasons have been sporadic since there have been players in front of him that suited our system better.

Conte had faith in him to praise him and consistently bring him on from the bench. He wouldn't have done that if he doesn't rate him as a player.

I'd hope that we put in a buy back clause in any contract as our lack of club trained players could come back to bite us; especially if Kane decides to down tools again.

It seems that we have our next generation of midfielders lined up with Skipp, Sarr, Bissouma, Bentancaur all <=25.

Good times ahead.
I'm confident that if the PL ever introduces a rule that awards points to teams when a player volleys a tea bag into a cup from 10 yards, then Winks will become a valuable asset to someone, just won't be us unfortunately...

In all seriousness, it's a shame the way things have worked out here, there seemed to be genuine promise there in his early days, and he still has his moments occasionally, just not enough to his all round game to put him ahead of any of the other options and he has a stigma to him now that I feel can only be removed by a change of scenery.

There's negativity because he's not good enough. Just look at the difference in overall performance when Bentancur or even Skipp are playing.

I don't think many people seriously dislike him or hate him, they just want him sold.

Well, when Bentancaur and Skipp can go out and boss Real Madrid in the champions league we can get excited.

Until then, let's show a bit of respect for Winks, who it seems was the biggest casualty of Poch's departure.

Well, when Bentancaur and Skipp can go out and boss Real Madrid in the champions league we can get excited.

Until then, let's show a bit of respect for Winks, who it seems was the biggest casualty of Poch's departure.
Wilshere "bossed" Barca in the CL for 1 game, maybe we should get him in and have a MF2 of him and Winks.

There's negativity because he's not good enough. Just look at the difference in overall performance when Bentancur or even Skipp are playing.

I don't think many people seriously dislike him or hate him, they just want him sold.

Agree with that but he isn’t awful he is just average and he plays in a system he is not suited too at all.

Winks is good at linking and ball recycling and was doing ok under Poch where that was useful. Issue is Jose, Nuno and Conte demand and require their players to be good off the ball to make there systems work. Winks isn’t physical enough and his defensive positioning isn’t good enough for that.

Winks is a mid level prem player who would do ok at a team that play possession football, Brighton or someone like that. He will be at Townsend’s level and good luck to him.

Good times ahead.

u mad bro troll GIF

Winks will end up a bench warmer wherever he goes. I'm not a gambling man at all but I'd take that bet.

u mad bro troll GIF

Winks will end up a bench warmer wherever he goes. I'm not a gambling man at all but I'd take that bet.
He’s awful. An absolute fraud…. If Dele can’t get into a poor Everton side with his upside, good luck Harry Wanks getting on their bench as they slide towards relegation. Teams like Brighton and Brentford won’t touch him, they do their research and due diligence extensively

I'll eat my season ticket if Winks ever goes anywhere and is anymore than a squad player. Once he leaves Spurs he'll become a journeyman. That's how badly I rate him.

Back
Top Bottom