Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, when Bentancaur and Skipp can go out and boss Real Madrid in the champions league we can get excited.

Until then, let's show a bit of respect for Winks, who it seems was the biggest casualty of Poch's departure.
ricky gervais laughing GIF

Jesus christ

the state of some of you people.

You are talking about one of us - a guy who has grafted all his life for exactly the opportunity that all of (certainly most of) us dreamt about as we grew up - to play for the club we support.

The worst thing he has done is to say publicly that he was disappointed with the lack of games he was getting - and people have fabricated all kinds of bullshit off the back of it. He supports the team he has played for - why wouldn't he be disappointed?

And on top of it, there are a large portion of you god awful fucking, so called, supporters, who talk about him as if he was a baby rapist, because he doesn't meet your lofty standards for the people you deem fit to play for the club.

Sort yourselves out - you're the embarrassment - not him. He's worn the shirt, and played as well as he could, we all accept that we would prefer to have better player than the standards that he is at currently, but the derision and abuse you pour on the guy is sickening to witness in this thread.

You should be mortally embarrassed with yourselves, participating in the childish game of who can say the worst and most demeaning thing about "one of our own."

I despair of the miserable quality of some of the people that support this club, and passionately wish you would just go elsewhere

Jesus christ

You are talking about one of us - a guy who has grafted all his life for exactly the opportunity that all of (certainly most of) us dreamt about as we grew up - to play for the club we support.

The worst thing he has done is to say publicly that he was disappointed with the lack of games he was getting - and people have fabricated all kinds of bullshit off the back of it. He supports the team he has played for - why wouldn't he be disappointed?

And on top of it, there are a large portion of you god awful fucking, so called, supporters, who talk about him as if he was a baby rapist, because he doesn't meet your lofty standards for the people you deem fit to play for the club.

Sort yourselves out - you're the embarrassment - not him. He's worn the shirt, and played as well as he could, we all accept that we would prefer to have better player than the standards that he is at currently, but the derision and abuse you pour on the guy is sickening to witness in this thread.

You should be mortally embarrassed with yourselves, participating in the childish game of who can say the worst and most demeaning thing about "one of our own."

I despair of the miserable quality of some of the people that support this club, and passionately wish you would just go elsewhere

Took you off ignore to read this, one of your best posts you're written on here

You're back on ignore now though because I don't trust you to keep it up :D

Unnecessary IMO.
I Hate You Lol GIF by Lifetime

I'm the parent that has to tell the child they can't watch their Kindle for 3 hours, or that if they don't want to learn to ride a bike, the bike has to go to the charity shop.
It's not fun but it's for the greater good.

Anyone who based their entire online profile on Harry Winks should go in the box of shame until they admit their mistake and stop backing him.

Judge Joe Brown GIF

I'm the parent that has to tell the child they can't watch their Kindle for 3 hours, or that if they don't want to learn to ride a bike, the bike has to go to the charity shop.
It's not fun but it's for the greater good.

Anyone who based their entire online profile on Harry Winks should go in the box of shame until they admit their mistake and stop backing him.

Judge Joe Brown GIF
You should stop being a mammoth knobhead and stop slaggings Spurs players off - go to arsemania, thats where people do that sort of thing

You should stop being a mammoth knobhead and stop slaggings Spurs players off - go to arsemania, thats where people do that sort of thing
you cringey little twerp, the only players that get slagged off are the ones that deserve it, just cos they play for spurs doesnt make them immune to justified criticism. unlike you, spurs fans want the best for the club, couldn't care less about players that are not good enough. you care more about the welfare of players holding the club back than you do about the club. shameful! you're probably completely oblivious to how pathetic it makes you look.

thank god conte isn't as soft as you, we would be fucked! its a sport not a charity! ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Jesus christ

It's the one thing that held me back from being a Professional Footballer for Tottenham.... was the fear I'd be total shit, and would endure the wrath of fans I used to stand beside.....

I can't say Harry Winks is the best midfielder Spurs have ever produced, 'cos that's Hoddle....

But what I can say, is that Harry Winks is/has lived the dream of 99% Spurs fans over the last few years.... I'd swap with him in a heartbeat.

No he wasn't the best, but he certainly wasn't the worst, and he DEFINITELY WAS one of us....
So cut the guy some slack, let's wish him well on his next adventure...
but know, deep down, that every game he plays for another club (and any goal he scores) isn't one he gets to play for Spurs.... and that must hurt.

Let's accept, and appreciate that at least.

He's one of our own,
He's one of our own...
Some might not like it,
But he's one of our own!

He's had his moments and when asked has stepped up.... BUT the bottom line ATM he's NOT a top four/champions lge midfeilder... Why ? His defensive work is... Ok. MUCH better than it was and his distribution is his strength and has improved BUT he offers little or no threat to goal.... Lookin at all those factors..atm he falls short... He seems a bright receptive guy and needs REGULAR game time to 'up' those factors... Spurs trying to establish a top four spot and a regular champions lge spot.is not a place thats gonna happen.... So thanks winksy... it's been a gas... But time for a nice big pay cheque and pastures new... And who knows what the future holds,.there's no doubts he's spurs through and through .

you cringey little twerp, the only players that get slagged off are the ones that deserve it, just cos they play for spurs doesnt make them immune to justified criticism. unlike you, spurs fans want the best for the club, couldn't care less about players that are not good enough. you care more about the welfare of players holding the club back than you do about the club. shameful! you're probably completely oblivious to how pathetic it makes you look.

thank god conte isn't as soft as you, we would be fucked! its a sport not a charity! ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Just ignore him. He was one of the first people I used the ignore function on when I joined. Aims personal abuse at people on the internet who he's never even met. Deeply unpleasant presence on the forum.

10th most ignored member on the forum says it all

Blummin 'eck... Yes, you're right..... "its a sport, not a charity"

but by definition, Sport is a game, not Charity...

Charity is Ukrainian orphans, Charity is homeless people without hope... Charity is NOT sport....
charity is caring for people less fortunate than yourselves....

Sport is a game played by people who in this day and age, are richly rewarded.
It's not charity, because in the grand scheme of things, Sportsmen don't need our charity...

But Christ on a bike, he deserves abuse cos what? He's not as good as Hoddle or Modric?

Had he been 20 years older and playing for the shit teams that we had in the early '90s he'd have been a GOD! I'd take Winks over Dozzell ANY day!

As it was, he was at the right club, but in the wrong team at the wrong time....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom