Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not bad he is just not elite. He is not a CL level player. It’s not an issue with bad apples in the team we just don’t have the quality to go to the highest level.
He doesn't have to be elite though. No squad has 25 elite players.

There are probably about 15 players in our squad I'd get rid of before thinking about getting rid of Gentle Ben.

Anyway...8mins...!

Compare the way we played last night to how Brighton played against West Ham or how Brentford played against Fulham (in fact how Fulham played as well) and even, yuk spit how the goons played against Bournemouth.
They all played with flair, passion and excitement.
This team is broken

There is only 1 man who can make Football great again and get us winning Bigly!!!!!!

Trump Henry The Worst GIF by April Fools

As I said in the match thread, you know it's grim when Ben Davies is getting frustrated with his team mates.
5-6 years ago, it was a strong squad getting frustrated with players like him being a bit too vanilla.

Some lunatic has just bought my ticket for Bournemouth on the exchange. Maybe it’s a punishment for someone they hate. Oh well, I’ll spend the money wisely…

Talking of spending money wisely…

:contescrewface: :levywtf:

Compare the way we played last night to how Brighton played against West Ham or how Brentford played against Fulham (in fact how Fulham played as well) and even, yuk spit how the goons played against Bournemouth.
They all played with flair, passion and excitement.
This team is broken
To be fair, the Arse game (at home) against Bournemouth almost exactly replicated our game Vs Bournemouth (away)
Concede in the first half. Concede early in the second half. Pound the fucking door down and win in injury time.

Is your name Simon Jordan?

That's exactly what he's just said.
Each signing needs evaluating on contribution.Money was spent but on what ? Romero was paid for but was already here. Spence went away on loan, Bissouma was and is injured. Richi was 60 mil odd of the genuine 120 mil and what has he contributed. Spending money or quoting 150 mil and saying Conte was backed doesn't give yhe full picture.

Rumour they may be obliged to pay him the extension year as well but no evidence of that.
I don't understand why both parties can't agree to separate? He could cite recent health issues and the loss of close friends - no shame in that. He clearly needs time to repair both physically and mentally. It would be better for his reputation to say that, he would also be cut a bit of slack from the fanbase.

At the moment he is coming across as greedy and any goodwill is rapidly being eroded.

Not really sure about that. He wanted Bastoni, Bremer etc and we gave him Lenglet, Dier, Davies and Sanchez as the backline.

End of the day he is an elite manager but an elite manager who has only ever really worked with elite players. Working with us means working with mediocrity in many places.

It’s why this marriage was doomed from the start. Managers that have very specific systems with specific requirement and top players don’t work with us. It’s why Pep would be a disaster here and Tuchel wouldn’t work.

We need a manager that fits the club and that means fits ENIC until they sell and fuck off. In short a manager who plays attacking football, works and builds up cheaper younger players.

Leaves us just Poch, Gallardo, Kompany type managers. If the club can’t recognise what is staring them in the face as to who they are then we are fucked.
I'm not going to claim to be following their respective coaching careers overly closely, but I'd bet my left nut that if you put these 2 names to Levy his response to Gallardo would be "who?" and Kompany would be "the Man City defender?".

Something tells me his finger is distinctly off the pulse when it comes to football outside of what rocks up to TTHS every week or two.

I don't understand why both parties can't agree to separate? He could cite recent health issues and the loss of close friends - no shame in that. He clearly needs time to repair both physically and mentally. It would be better for his reputation to say that, he would also be cut a bit of slack from the fanbase.

At the moment he is coming across as greedy and any goodwill is rapidly being eroded.
He won't do the admirable thing and walk away from what £4,000,000 ish?

Some lunatic has just bought my ticket for Bournemouth on the exchange. Maybe it’s a punishment for someone they hate. Oh well, I’ll spend the money wisely…

Talking of spending money wisely…

:contescrewface: :levywtf:
Hedging their bets Conte will be gone.

Because football contracts are ridiculous. He won't walk because we owe him money. In no other job can anyone be deliberately bad at their job and be paid their future salary to leave.
If this practice was abolished, coaches would walk more often than they were sacked.

Because football contracts are ridiculous. He won't walk because we owe him money. In no other job can anyone be deliberately bad at their job and be paid their future salary to leave.
If this practice was abolished, coaches would walk more often than they were sacked.
money aside (and I know it's a lot of money), how does this do his reputation any good? Are we just seen as a laughing stock with an unreasonable chairmen, so others will ignore what happens here?

A compromised agreement would make sense.

Pay him £2.5 to go immediately, and state for health reasons he can't give the club what they need right now, and he doesn't want to hold them back. Everyone would save face...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom