Have Chelsea signed Willian yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Master class in transfer shenanigans by Joorabchian.

From Mourinho protege grade B, no European football and good wages,
to Mourinho protege grade A, Europa League and better wages,
to Mourinho himself, Champions League and Oligarch wages.

All in one week

was thinkn the same thing

that was some next level whoring out

Agreed. Do not want. We're supposed to be signing someone better than Holtby not someone on par or worse.

No, what we needed was creativity in that spot now. I'm a Holtby fan, with Willian not coming it would actually allow him to settle into that position a lot better. We still need two quality players in the position, and there simply isn't anyone else available (deemed better than Holtby) who would willingly come to us at this point. If we can pull off Pjanic then I'm all for it, but it looks like Roma would only be willing to let one go and if we sell Bale, Lamela will undoubtedly be the priority there. However, between the two I'd prefer Pjanic.

No, what we needed was creativity in that spot now. I'm a Holtby fan, with Willian not coming it would actually allow him to settle into that position a lot better. We still need two quality players in the position, and there simply isn't anyone else available (deemed better than Holtby) who would willingly come to us at this point. If we can pull off Pjanic then I'm all for it, but it looks like Roma would only be willing to let one go and if we sell Bale, Lamela will undoubtedly be the priority there. However, between the two I'd prefer Pjanic.
I really wanted Willian :(
I don't care about Lamela as much, even if we did sell Bale. I'm sure he'll be a great player though if we do end up getting him.

I really wanted Willian :(
I don't care about Lamela as much, even if we did sell Bale. I'm sure he'll be a great player though if we do end up getting him.

Completely agree with you. Willian would've been perfect for us. Fast and physical in line with AVB's current additions, the much needed creativity and particular ability to get the wingers involved, get a fro back in the lineup... fuck this is just making it worse. But some Spursiness had to be injected at some point in this window. Frankly I think Townsend would do just fine in the RW position if Bale leaves, so I'm not hung up on grabbing Lamela either. I think that not only does Baldini rate Lamela highly, but the club would feel they'd have to make a big name signing to fill in that position if they allow Bale to go.

smiths4.jpg

I still think AVB/Levy have something up their sleeves and we will be fine. Just goes to show how the filthy little shits from the west are worried about us. The smug look on that spoilt little arrogant fucker mournihos face is galling and he needs a good hiding. chelsea - the second division club that won the lottery. Fucking scum.
THFC

I've not seen enough of Willian to know if I should be happy or sad about this.

What I do know is I got a semi when it looked like we were going to sign someone for £30m. Now that won't happen and that does make me sad.

Is it me?...This time round - I am finding Mourinho a smug TWAT! He seems bitter and angry and full of obnoxious gases. I'm not saying this because of Willian deal but generally, he's not the same - the special one - more like the septic one!

I still think AVB/Levy have something up their sleeves and we will be fine.
As good as this window has been, I think we've been here before and we've certain had one or two "egg on face" experiences in the past. Frazier Campbell anyone? Rasiak?

Without both Willian or Bale I don't think we are a strong now as we could've been. Even if Lamela comes in I'm not sure there are that many left on the market who can come in and be as effective a playmaker as eith B or W.

MrS - mourinho has always been a self centered arrogant little shit - remember the eye gouging incident? He is a spoilt little narcissitic turd. My 5 year old son behaves better than this churlish brat. Get him and his ilk OUT of English football now. Oh for the days of Billy Nick, shankly, stokoe etc.

Back
Top Bottom