Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And I though the thread starter didn’t like boring football being played at a snails pace.

Worse corners than my nan could take as well.

I’m not really following the logic.
He was good.
Then he was shit.
Then he was sold.
Then he was shit.
Then he was sold.

Yep, one way ticket to the title that
He's miles better than all our mids currently bar Tanguy and PEH

He's miles better than all our mids currently bar Tanguy and PEH
Here’s a tip for people ....stop judging people on their form 3-4 years ago.

He WAS better. Now he’s just another washed out member of Pochs 2016-2019 Nearly Men who didn’t live up to the hype when presented with numerous shots at silverware.

Poch, Dele, Rose, Eriksen Take a bow.

source.gif

Its looking more like Eriksen was a fine system player. A cog in a well oiled machine.

And when we started taking those components out and replacing them with parts that weren't as good, he became a lesser component.

You will not get a single Spurs fan disagree that Eriksen in his day was outstanding. One of our key players, created goals, scored goals, ran alot.

But that was years ago. This would be up there with resigning Robbie Keane (or so far Gareth Bale).

Let's remember how he was. Not what he's become.
Robbie Keane coming back worked out pretty well if I remember

I agree he is not the player he once was, but no need to try and rewrite history, on his day he was brilliant for us!
I'm not re-writing history I'm just giving my opinion. I think he was overrated and I said this long before many realised it. People think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread because we were graced by mostly average players in the preceding years but in 20 years if we continue at the level we're at Eriksen will go down as a player who fans remember but that's about it.

SSN reporting that Mourinho wants him back. Only problem is salary.

Make of it what you will.

I'd have no problem him returning if it's written into his contract that he'll tackle and not take corners/dead balls.

His form was declining even before he left us. No assists this season apparently? Is that what we need.
He wanted to leave for a new challenge so why would he be motivated to come back.
Also I doubt Jose was happy with the way he behaved himself in his final year at Spurs.

I don't think this would be a good move.
But maybe as a 6 month risk idk?

SSN reporting that Mourinho wants him back. Only problem is salary.

Make of it what you will.

I'd have no problem him returning if it's written into his contract that he'll tackle and not take corners/dead balls.

Well he's earning less now than what he was going to be earning at Spurs so money has never been an issue for Eriksen

:sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol::sonlol:

Oh, it's not a joke?????????

Well, it should be!!!!!!

Returning players never works out well, especially when they are past their sell by date. We are so above giving players a retirement home.

Have you people learned nothing from Bale?

nostalgia is the enemy of progress

Klinsmann, Sheringham, Defoe, Crouch all came back and did solid jobs as far as I can remember.

There’s no fate behind it, it’s down to the player, the team fit, the moment etc and we need creativity in midfield whilst operating on a limited budget. Can’t think of many that fit that particular niche as well in all honesty.

We need options in the second half of the season what with the hectic schedule and games coming thick and fast - atm we're in trouble for goals if either of Son & Kane get injured and creativity if Ndombele gets injured (assuming GLC is in/out due to injury most of the time)

Eriksen as cover might not be the worst option on a short loan deal - in the current climate someone who knows the club and can settle in quickly might be the smart move.

Whilst i do think he's broken and shadow of his former self, as a squad option and not relied upon as a first XI player he can still do a job i think.

Back
Top Bottom