Have we signed Krzysztof Piatek?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very exciting that Milan fans hate him and he was shit tonight - by the time this is over Levy will have got him for Wanyama and an evening of beer sales.
:levylol:

Genoa paid 4.5M for him in July, Milan paid 35M for him in January. He has failed at a shit Milan side and no one in italy are after him. I would be trying to get him for a fee nearer to Genoa rather than Milans (or with that loan first) as it seems like a more accurate figure of his worth.

Genoa paid 4.5M for him in July, Milan paid 35M for him in January. He has failed at a shit Milan side and no one in italy are after him. I would be trying to get him for a fee nearer to Genoa rather than Milans (or with that loan first) as it seems like a more accurate figure of his worth.

Before he went to Genoa he was totally unproven guy from tier 2 league. Genoa took a punt on him.

Since then he has scored 35 goals in 62 games (and not full games at that; playing time wise if we divide his played minutes to goals scored it is 1 goal for every 136 minutes of football, which is good strike rate) all INCLUDING his "failed" time in Milan!

It is absurd to anchor his value to further in the past if he had not proven in big league. It's like saying that Alli should be sold for close to 5 mil now, because that was the sum we paid for him, and he has not been superb in last 1,5 years anymore. So let's just forget that he proved himself between the previous transfer and now.

Before he went to Genoa he was totally unproven guy from tier 2 league. Genoa took a punt on him.

Since then he has scored 35 goals in 62 games (and not full games at that; playing time wise if we divide his played minutes to goals scored it is 1 goal for every 136 minutes of football, which is good strike rate) all INCLUDING his "failed" time in Milan!

It is absurd to anchor his value to further in the past if he had not proven in big league. It's like saying that Alli should be sold for close to 5 mil now, because that was the sum we paid for him, and he has not been superb in last 1,5 years anymore. So let's just forget that he proved himself between the previous transfer and now.
Milan are shit, they are desperate to get rid of him. That's how you should be assigning the value.

I don't make it a secret. From all those options I have seen us being linked to - Ze Luis, Jose Willian, Giroud, Piatek - I like him as an option the most.

He might be high-risk-high-reward option. Meaning he could totally flop. But he is still developing and he also could be actual competitor for Kane (to give him rest at times, could potentially play them together once a while) while others seem more like panic buys to fill in a gap for short period. And Willian at that would not come cheaper, would be older and come from Spanish league... I mean we know first-hand that stable (and even higher profile) striker from Spanish league could also flop badly, or what ?

So I hope we get him. I hope he does well. And in this case we might have an actual problem solved within our team. Others could just fill the gap in short term, but then we have to go and find a new option once more...

Milan are shit, they are desperate to get rid of him. That's how you should be assigning the value.

How are they desperate to get rid of him?

They are pricing us out of a deal and continuously starting him in games...

Let's be honest, you've never seen him play.

His goal return at Milan isn't shite and Roma were after him.

How are they desperate to get rid of him?

They are pricing us out of a deal and continuously starting him in games...

Let's be honest, you've never seen him play.
they are touting him around everywhere, they are trying to get their money back (as we tried with Jansen) but its clear they dont want him. If they wanted him / thought he was an important part of the team why would they only be looking for their money back. you can see that right?

I am honest I have never seen him play but I have followed his career fairly closely since his breakthrough and people whos opinions I trust (on podcasts etc) who were very excited by him are now the opposite.

I don't think we should be suckered into paying £25m for this guy, there is a reason Milan want to get rid of him and January is when desperate clubs get fleeced.

A loan with an option to buy makes sense, anything else is a big risk. If he flops then we are stuck with him.

Back
Top Bottom