Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like selfish when it comes to goal chances. Look at Sissoko, got the ball in their area and froze, not knowing what to do and waited on support. If Son.Kane, Dele or Eriksen had got that chance a shot on goal would have followed. There was not at first a decent pass on and he dithered until the defenders got back.

I like selfish when it comes to goal chances. Look at Sissoko, got the ball in their area and froze, not knowing what to do and waited on support. If Son.Kane, Dele or Eriksen had got that chance a shot on goal would have followed. There was not at first a decent pass on and he dithered until the defenders got back.

That's just down to confidence, which you can't expect from him at this stage in his season

If we'd have had this year's Son instead of last year's Lamela, we'd have won the league. Can there be anyone left who'd pick a team with Lamela ahead of Son?

Fact still remains that last year's Lamela was ten times the player last year's Son was.

Strange logical really?

That's just down to confidence, which you can't expect from him at this stage in his season
He is an experienced footballer who has played in a Euro Cup final. Janssen is less experienced and lacks confidence but he tries to score. We were 3-0 up and even if he missed or was blocked it would not have mattered but he should have had a go.

Was really hoping Sissoko would take it down and fire it far post

Definitely a player lacking confidence at the moment.

If he is going to do the national service then I hope he will at least be able to delay it, as seems like by the time he should be hitting his peak his career will be over, all jokes aside though Levy don't seem like the kind of guy to buy a player with such a limited career and terrible resale value due to this?
That's my point.
He wouldve known how to escape military duty or something.
Orelse he wouldve not bought him fromthe beginning

So shut the fuck up
Just move on.

He is NOT going there.

That's my point.
He wouldve known how to escape military duty or something.
Orelse he wouldve not bought him fromthe beginning

So shut the fuck up
Just move on.

He is NOT going there.
Your one rude fucking cunt aren't you, how about you shut the fuck up or I will hunt you down and make you regret the day you were born you ugly mother fucking pig!

A big improvement in Son's game this season is that if a chance requires a run and then a shot he is not 100% certain to fuck up the shooting part of it. For the first few months of the season whenever he had the ball at his feet for a few seconds and time to think about what to do he would fuck up every single time (usually ending up just running in to an opposition player), but now he's vastly improved. It's like his football brain has grown as the year has worn on and he's become a lot more rounded as a player. Earlier this season he would have been one of my top to sell during the summer but hell no he is a vital player for us now.

Also I am utterly made up that Janssen scored. Yes the game was already won but he's getting closer and closer to becoming the player we need.

I'm increasingly finding it hard to picture how Lamela slots back in to this side, if indeed he ever does.

A big improvement in Son's game this season is that if a chance requires a run and then a shot he is not 100% certain to fuck up the shooting part of it. For the first few months of the season whenever he had the ball at his feet for a few seconds and time to think about what to do he would fuck up every single time (usually ending up just running in to an opposition player), but now he's vastly improved. It's like his football brain has grown as the year has worn on and he's become a lot more rounded as a player. Earlier this season he would have been one of my top to sell during the summer but hell no he is a vital player for us now.

Also I am utterly made up that Janssen scored. Yes the game was already won but he's getting closer and closer to becoming the player we need.

I'm increasingly finding it hard to picture how Lamela slots back in to this side, if indeed he ever does.

Not particularly hard. We use him instead of having to bring on shit like Onomah or Sissoko.

Mate, don't be so offended by it. I love Son. If you look at my previous comments, I have always backed up Sonny. What I meant was his vision and composure were significantly improved in the past few games.
"Selfish" doesn't always mean bad thing in football as you say. Strikers need to be selfish to strive. But take a look at Kane today. A top class striker, who passed to Sonny with a sublime touch, which led to a goal. Thoroughly deserved a standing ovation.
Football is a team sport. Being selfish and scoring is good. But passing and supporting are just as important, if not more.
In that regard, Son's plays were phenomenal today. Passing, shooting, positioning, defending. He had it all. Such an underrated fella!
Its like you get more passes give more passes shoot more score more assist more team wins you play better het more passes give more passes shoot more .... Egg or chicken I dont know but I am glad to see the team has arrived and heading for better days if you can believe that

Off the match thread:

You are my Sonshine
My only Sonshine
You make me hap-pyyyyy
On saturdays
Was breed in Chuncheon (
or: Breed in Korea )
To roam in Tot'n'ham (
or: To shit on Wilshere )
Scoring goals in ever smiling ways

Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane. These 4 can crumble any defense in any league.

You got the order wrong. It should be Son, Alli, Kane, Eriksen, because when the opposition defence sees their names on the starting line up they say. "Oh for fucks S.A.K.E!"
Fact still remains that last year's Lamela was ten times the player last year's Son was.

Strange logical really?

And Son in his first year was a 100 times the player Lamela was in his first year at Spurs/in English football. It's about comparing like for like. And Son in his second year is light years of what little we've seen of Lamela in his 4th year.

There's simply no comparison to be made in terms of their quality and one can still get even better.

You got the order wrong. It should be Son, Alli, Kane, Eriksen, because when the opposition defence sees their names on the starting line up they say. "Oh for fucks S.A.K.E!"

And Son in his first year was a 100 times the player Lamela was in his first year at Spurs/in English football. It's about comparing like for like. And Son in his second year is light years of what little we've seen of Lamela in his 4th year.

There's simply no comparison to be made in terms of their quality and one can still get even better.

I imagine you mean Son. Interesting as to why you don't think Lamela can't get even better beyond hatred for the player. They are the same age after all.

I imagine you mean Son. Interesting as to why you don't think Lamela can't get even better beyond hatred for the player. They are the same age after all.

Too one footed. That's not gonna change at this stage of his career. And his centre of gravity is too high. I think because his body is long in proportion to his legs. You can see the problem this causes him. His balance is poor and he often falls back when he tries to strike the ball hard. And he can't twist and turn and change direction like Son can.

Back
Top Bottom