Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fancy a 3-0 here.
giphy.gif

It's over. The only thing that would have stopped it is if Man Utd won the Europa League and Chelsea won the Champions League and both finished outside of the top four.

Not over yet. If Liverpool win the Europa and Man City win the Champs League and don't finish in the top 4 then 4th would not get Champs League. Unlikely though.

Not over yet. If Liverpool win the Europa and Man City win the Champs League and don't finish in the top 4 then 4th would not get Champs League. Unlikely though.
Actually, you're right. Didn't think about that.

Though yeah, I think both English sides will be going out in the next rounds.

great result. just 5 points with 7 games left. we only need 2 games left to win potentially so plenty of opportunity for Leicester to let the pressure get to them. I expect us to keep on winning and although Liverpool are a tougher opponent I am sure we'll beat them in the next game.
After this I can't wait to play man united. We are going to absolutely kill them with the way they play.
Love the confidence boys, but I'm extremely nervous about those two matches. Perhaps because they might well sit back and defend against us, and perhaps because United have had so many spawny results that they didn't deserve this season.

After those two fixtures, we'll really know what the title race is about.

Thank fuck the Liverpool match is a 5.30pm Saturday kick off. Plenty of time to drink my anxiety away before it starts.

giphy.gif

Actually, you're right. Didn't think about that.

Though yeah, I think both English sides will be going out in the next rounds.
Sevilla finished outside the top 4 winning the EL and going into the CL along with Barca(Champions & CL winners) , Real & Atletico at group stages and 4th placed Valencia CL via play offs. 5 teams. If City finish outside the top 4 and win the CL then 4th is not good enough. If they win it and finish 1-3 then 4th goes into CL via play off.
It doesn't matter about Liverpool winning the EL.

Some great stats from the Bournemoth game:

17 shots. 7 on target.
519/598 passes successful
63% possession

Pass completion rate (successful/total)
Wimmer - 82/86
Dier - 66/74
Eriksen - 61/69
Dembele - 57/60
Rose - 55/56

A tracking third passes (successful/total)
Eriksen - 24/28
Alli - 12/15
Walker - 12/13

Ball recoveries
Dembele & Wimmer - 7

Easy money.

Games like that make me more pissed off that no matter how good this side is and how many of the major stats we lead, they have only been top of the league this season for about 19 minutes.

It's a cruel frustrating joke

Easy money.

Games like that make me more pissed off that no matter how good this side is and how many of the major stats we lead, they have only been top of the league this season for about 19 minutes.

It's a cruel frustrating joke

But he who laughs last etc.
Irrelevant who has been top & for how long. It's all down to who sits at the top of the pile at the end of the season.
Keep the faith.
If there is any justice we will win the league.

Back
Top Bottom