Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I feel you under estimate how well they are playing. They defend with passion, attack with confidence .

Look at cup finals, a Wigan can beat a City on the day because every player wants it 100%. LC are playing every game as a cup final, 100%. They are not a brilliant footballing side but make up for it passion and bollocks.
But you would have thought at some point it's only going to get you so far and you run out of puff and start dropping points but it's just not happening with them much to my deep deep sadness. :memeokay:

He was sent on to help shut down the game, and he has helped shut down the game. Can't see the problem personally.

Just like he did at Citeh!

I really don't get all the negativity surrounding him but fortunately neither does Poch who clearly rates him!
:pochfacepalm:

Keep tight to Coutinho and Sturridge and we should be alright really although I do feel their keeper should have done better with Coutinhos goal, yet again he was give too much time to set himself up with that one and they dropped off and let him get his shot off.
I didn't get Mane's reaction to the full time whistle, they have just beaten Liverpool and he stands their shaking his head, a player should be jubilant that they have snatched all 3 points from being 2-0 down. Bizzare.
Klopp got it wrong, he brought on Skrtelat at 2 nil at HT and they fell to pieces . He struggled to get into the game and made major errors to allow SFC back in the game. For Skrtelat, I hope its a long two weeks and when he comes to play us , he is as nervous as hell.

Klopp got it wrong, he brought on Skrtelat at 2 nil at HT and they fell to pieces . He struggled to get into the game and made major errors to allow SFC back in the game. For Skrtelat, I hope its a long two weeks and when he comes to play us , he is as nervous as hell.
He's well beyond his good years, shirt pulling bald cunt!
I just don't know how he still gets games tbh

But you would have thought at some point it's only going to get you so far and you run out of puff and start dropping points but it's just not happening with them much to my deep deep sadness. :memeokay:
Defensively , they are sound and will defend for 90 mins without a problem. I feel they do struggle a little with energy, in games going forward but every time they go one up, they have something to defend and the front men become defensive also. They close the shop and see out the time. We need them to go behind to see what they can do.

Defensively , they are sound and will defend for 90 mins without a problem. I feel they do struggle a little with energy, in games going forward but every time they go one up, they have something to defend and the front men become defensive also. They close the shop and see out the time. We need them to go behind to see what they can do.
The tinker man has got them playing well above the level that they should be and they deserve credit in abundance.

The "Nivea" must have run into his eyes

Never rated the ugly cunt!

:angryscouser:

Just watched the extended highlights

Great performance against a good team with a good manager which we have scored 8 against this season so no wonder Howe reckons that we're the best team he's faced!
We could easily have scored 6!

Harry clearly benefited from being rested recently so, once again, Poch totally vindicated
:pochsmirk:

Victims defence was shocking and we can take them as we can also take ManUre

I'm more worried about Stoke away but we need fear no one with that team we had yesterday
Absolutely no one so fuck off Woolwich
:wansum:

I feel you under estimate how well they are playing. They defend with passion, attack with confidence .

Look at cup finals, a Wigan can beat a City on the day because every player wants it 100%. LC are playing every game as a cup final, 100%. They are not a brilliant footballing side but make up for it passion and bollocks.
True, but if teams don't go Gung Ho, Leicester will find it more difficult to score goals. Can't fault their passion, but not scoring would cost them points.
Hope someone finds an answer as it would be cruel to have played our best football for decades and still not win it.

I agree 100% the hurdle we have had is Europa and that has cost us points and I stand by that.
These last few games are pivotal in trying to get above Leicester but we can only do what we can do so it's up to them to drop points but that's a big ask so it's entirely out of our hands now. The killer for us was dropping points against the spammers and the scum as we all know.
I'm still hopeful though and can't even begin to comprehend my feelings if we do get to lift the trophy this season. :bentalebscream::pochohshit:

Personally I think the main damage was losing at home to Leicester, had we won that the league would look totally different.
When we lost to West Ham we had won the 6 previous games and were in the middle of a gruelling schedule same for the Arse game.

There is still a twist somewhere in this run in.

True, but if teams don't go Gung Ho, Leicester will find it more difficult to score goals. Can't fault their passion, but not scoring would cost them points.
Hope someone finds an answer as it would be cruel to have played our best football for decades and still not win it.
Not sure if teams do go gun. If teams play deep (sit back) they invite LC to come on and LC are good at creating chaos in the box - someone will poach a goal. They always keep their discipline at the back and stay solid. LC can defend all day if teams go gun ho, as we did against us. We out played them, created chance after chance but never scored. They created a little choose in the box from a corner, the rest is history.

I agree and the ironic part is any of the last 30 odd years I would be over the moon to see Leicester win a title considering others who were in the mix. I think the way we are playing and the direction we are heading in is so exciting. Cutting into the lifetime label of "so spursy" the way we always seem to fuck things up and just are on the end of bad luck. However, the fact that we have our best side in my lifetime and could get pipped by Leicester of all teams IS SO FUCKING SPURSY!

I agree and the ironic part is any of the last 30 odd years I would be over the moon to see Leicester win a title considering others who were in the mix. I think the way we are playing and the direction we are heading in is so exciting. Cutting into the lifetime label of "so spursy" the way we always seem to fuck things up and just are on the end of bad luck. However, the fact that we have our best side in my lifetime and could get pipped by Leicester of all teams IS SO FUCKING SPURSY!

I understand but we cant be disappointed, as the PL title is played over a season and no matter how well you play you have to collect the points. I would be very disappointed as everyone will be but I will not allow it to cloud the brilliant season we are having. Finishing above the Scum is very important and if we can challenge for the title, then brilliant. Its still possible and we play Liverpool next. lets see where we are that Saturday evening.

I understand but we cant be disappointed, as the PL title is played over a season and no matter how well you play you have to collect the points. I would be very disappointed as everyone will be but I will not allow it to cloud the brilliant season we are having. Finishing above the Scum is very important and if we can challenge for the title, then brilliant. Its still possible and we play Liverpool next. lets see where we are that Saturday evening.
Yes one match at a time! I am enjoying the hell out of this season that much is for sure.

Coming up short of the title will be heartbreaking, but I think challenging for it will give great experience to this young squad.
No matter how this season unfolds, the future looks incredibly bright.

Back
Top Bottom