Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't know why people are writing off City so easily - Woolwich will have a tough game there, just as we did.

There have been only a few games this season where the opposition have made us look poor in possession this season imo, Dortmund twice, West Ham away, City away in the 2nd half.

I'll be honest, i kinda liked it (I assume it was a one off charitable doodah)
Thing is, I like the idea of a one off kit each year for a charitable reason..Pink for Breast/bollock cancer and so on. sell the kit cheaper than than the normal one with all proceeds going to the charity it represents

Must admit I didn't realise it was a charity kit. If so then fair play to them.

We were outstanding yesterday and for their manager to heap such praise upon us after the game says it all.
If it weren't for Leicester we would have pissed this league already, it's out of our hands now and all we can do is take one game a time and hope Leicester fuck up somewhere.

Agree. We are still the best team in this league.
Yes Leicester are above us but we are the best team and play the best football.

Agree. We are still the best team in this league.
Yes Leicester are above us but we are the best team and play the best football.
I agree 100% the hurdle we have had is Europa and that has cost us points and I stand by that.
These last few games are pivotal in trying to get above Leicester but we can only do what we can do so it's up to them to drop points but that's a big ask so it's entirely out of our hands now. The killer for us was dropping points against the spammers and the scum as we all know.
I'm still hopeful though and can't even begin to comprehend my feelings if we do get to lift the trophy this season. :bentalebscream::pochohshit:

most dominant game I have been too since keane scored 4 against burnley!

I thought we might drop a couple of points here. but was never in doubt after 47secs or whatever it was.
I actually had a sneaky feeling that us, Woolwich & Leicester would all draw.

it be easy to say b'mouth were rubbish but I think they just couldn't handle us at all.
that doesn't mean they were rubbish.

I think that's top 4 pretty much assured. I like to work my way up so I think the next target is to seal 3rd place & avoid the CL qualifier.

everyone played well. walker was very good. obviously kane was great again. I like the ali & kane link up play.
eriksen looked more himself. dier was dominant (yay no yellow).
wimmer keeps growing more & more. we couldn't get a better back up CB.
I think toby is now my favourite spurs player. what a signing.

very tough away game next. I think a draw would be decent. you cant turn your nose up at a draw away to Liverpool. shame it couldn't have been after their trip to Dortmund.
but in saying that , we probably need a win to keep title hopes alive. unless the saints do us a favour.

most dominant game I have been too since keane scored 4 against burnley!

I thought we might drop a couple of points here. but was never in doubt after 47secs or whatever it was.
I actually had a sneaky feeling that us, Woolwich & Leicester would all draw.

it be easy to say b'mouth were rubbish but I think they just couldn't handle us at all.
that doesn't mean they were rubbish.

I think that's top 4 pretty much assured. I like to work my way up so I think the next target is to seal 3rd place & avoid the CL qualifier.

everyone played well. walker was very good. obviously kane was great again. I like the ali & kane link up play.
eriksen looked more himself. dier was dominant (yay no yellow).
wimmer keeps growing more & more. we couldn't get a better back up CB.
I think toby is now my favourite spurs player. what a signing.

very tough away game next. I think a draw would be decent. you cant turn your nose up at a draw away to Liverpool. shame it couldn't have been after their trip to Dortmund.
but in saying that , we probably need a win to keep title hopes alive. unless the saints do us a favour.
Against Liverpool we may have to adopt a bit of what Southampton did to them yesterday, make the midfield congested and make it messy for them, give them the freedom to spray balls about the pitch and then Liverpool look good but press them in the midfield and make it messy then they WILL make mistakes, their backline when Southampton pressed them looked shocking and they were punished heavily. :allitongue:

I was at the match yesterday and I'm so proud of our super young team. It was one of the most complete performances this season and it really was men against boys from kick-off. I do like the way Bournemouth play and they've been a welcome addition to the PL this season.

The atmosphere was brilliant at WHL yesterday and I loved this chant when the third goal went in:

'WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, LEICESTER CITY WE'RE COMING FOR YOU'

COYS we can do this!!

I agree 100% the hurdle we have had is Europa and that has cost us points and I stand by that.
These last few games are pivotal in trying to get above Leicester but we can only do what we can do so it's up to them to drop points but that's a big ask so it's entirely out of our hands now. The killer for us was dropping points against the spammers and the scum as we all know.
I'm still hopeful though and can't even begin to comprehend my feelings if we do get to lift the trophy this season. :bentalebscream::pochohshit:
we are only guessing, but I think we would have definitely played better & with more energy against Chelsea, Swansea & Newcastle if we didn't have Europa games before.
you could also say we might have not tired towards the end against Woolwich & hung on for the win.
we also might still be in the FA cup too!

we will never know. but I would have thought we would have had a few more points now.
9pts dropped after Europa, so even if we just had 3 or 4 more pts. it would make a huge difference.
id also think we would have beat palace in the cup. & then reading too.

but never mind! we are still doing amazingly well.

I do maintain that Europa football is a disadvantage for the league.

Last edited:
we are only guessing, but I think we would have definitely played better & with more energy against Chelsea, Swansea & Newcastle if we didn't have Europa games before.
you could also say we might have not tired towards the end against Woolwich & hung on for the win.
we also might still be in the FA cup too!

we will never know. but I would have thought we would have had a few more points now.
9pts dropped after Europa, so even if we just had 3 or 4 more pts. it would make a huge difference.
id also think we would have beat palace in the cup.

but never mind! we are still doing amazingly well.

I do maintain that Europa football is a disadvantage for the league.
Yeah, it's all a very much if and buts kinda thing so people will always have their take on it but nobody can argue that we are doing amazing this season. If someone told me they had gone to the future and said we would be in second at this stage in the league then I would have pissed my trousers with laughter and told them to lay off the crack.

Like many others in Park Lane Lower, I stood-up to applaud this super yidette at half-time:

Hats off to her and makes me proud to support our great club, when they recognise supporter loyalty and dedication like this. #SpursFamily.

Last edited:
Against Liverpool we may have to adopt a bit of what Southampton did to them yesterday, make the midfield congested and make it messy for them, give them the freedom to spray balls about the pitch and then Liverpool look good but press them in the midfield and make it messy then they WILL make mistakes, their backline when Southampton pressed them looked shocking and they were punished heavily. :allitongue:
yeah. I was surprised wanyama was left out. he changed the game.
dembele & dier can press them in midfield & make it messy.
but they have got players who can produce a bit of magic out of nothing.
but even if we dominant , its the sort of game where they can score out of nothing. so we must be on our game.
I wouldn't be surprised at any of the 3 possible results.

yeah. I was surprised wanyama was left out. he changed the game.
dembele & dier can press them in midfield & make it messy.
but they have got players who can produce a bit of magic out of nothing.
but even if we dominant , its the sort of game where they can score out of nothing. so we must be on our game.
I wouldn't be surprised at any of the 3 possible results.
Keep tight to Coutinho and Sturridge and we should be alright really although I do feel their keeper should have done better with Coutinhos goal, yet again he was give too much time to set himself up with that one and they dropped off and let him get his shot off.
I didn't get Mane's reaction to the full time whistle, they have just beaten Liverpool and he stands their shaking his head, a player should be jubilant that they have snatched all 3 points from being 2-0 down. Bizzare.

Don't know why people are writing off City so easily - Woolwich will have a tough game there, just as we did.

There have been only a few games this season where the opposition have made us look poor in possession this season imo, Dortmund twice, West Ham away, City away in the 2nd half.

I'm a bit worried that we'll have to add Liverpool away to that list soon. We might struggle to keep possession against their pressing. But if we play as well as we did against Bournemouth we'll tear them apart.

Can't understand why good managers can't find a way to beat their system.
I feel you under estimate how well they are playing. They defend with passion, attack with confidence .

Look at cup finals, a Wigan can beat a City on the day because every player wants it 100%. LC are playing every game as a cup final, 100%. They are not a brilliant footballing side but make up for it passion and bollocks.

Agree but we beat em.

Back
Top Bottom