Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They only need to draw once and us to win to make us favourites.

I'd disagree with that statement.

We're not going to win the next 7 games.

They draw, gap is 3 points. We'd still need them to lose at least 2 games, to make up for the points we'll drop. And that's assuming we win 6 and lose 1.

One thing is for sure, it is going to be painfully difficult for Poch to make the call on Wimmer vs Verts. Vertonghen is one of my favourite players in this squad but Wimmer has had one hell of a call up and it would be verging on disrespectful to remove him after so many great performances. Do you guys think Verts will automatically come back in?
I feel, if he is 100% fit and can play, he will come back in. He played every game/every minute up until he got injured. Wimmer has done brilliant but Vert is better. I trust Poch to make the call.

They only need to draw once and us to win to make us favourites.

Not sure about favourites. but would put a lot of pressure on them.

I'd disagree with that statement.

We're not going to win the next 7 games.

They draw, gap is 3 points. We'd still need them to lose at least 2 games, to make up for the points we'll drop. And that's assuming we win 6 and lose 1.

Because they have the 5 point cushion, it takes a little pressure off each game. Get within 3, lets see what happens.
My concern is the Scum, they have such an easy run in, they will win every game, not even draw. We mustn't look over our shoulders because it in our control, but they are slimmy and will creep up on us.

My concern is the Scum, they have such an easy run in, they will win every game, not even draw. We mustn't look over our shoulders because it in our control, but they are slimmy and will creep up on us.

They still have West Ham away and City away, which are two of the most difficult games this season.

We can sit around and look at the other fixtures all day long but in the end it's just up to us, we could have a superb season and win it, a very good season and finish above the scum as second or a decent season and finish behind the scum in third. The last scenario would hurt a lot though.

We were outstanding yesterday and for their manager to heap such praise upon us after the game says it all.
If it weren't for Leicester we would have pissed this league already, it's out of our hands now and all we can do is take one game a time and hope Leicester fuck up somewhere.

Perfect performance.. Could ave been 6.

Couldn't believe the space they were giving Walker in the first half. He had half the pitch to himself.
That pink strip was shocking..

Atmosphere was very good today.
Special mention to ST holder Eileen McBride.. 101 today and received a presentation from Sir Pat Jennings.

That is Eireen, and her grandson Julian. They are family friends for many, many years. She has been sitting upper East stand for well over 30 years - she goes up in the service lift now, when she goes, which is understandably not as often as it used to be.

Her son in law Bernie and my Granddad have been season ticket holders for 40 years, although my Granddad now has dementia and is unable to attend anymore my Dad and myself often go and accompany Bernie.

She is an incredible woman, who dotes on Julian, and when he is unable to go (he is a musician so can often be touring) she refuses to go as she only wants to go with him.

I hadn't been aware that she was going to be presented to the crowd but I am delighted to see her with Kane and Jennings. She has, also understandably, lost a few marbles but if we can win the league there will be few happier than Reeny I promise you that.

I'll be honest, seeing that picture with Kane and her has brought a tear to my eye.

Perfect performance.. Could ave been 6.

Couldn't believe the space they were giving Walker in the first half. He had half the pitch to himself.
That pink strip was shocking..

Atmosphere was very good today.
Special mention to ST holder Eileen McBride.. 101 today and received a presentation from Sir Pat Jennings.

I'll be honest, i kinda liked it (I assume it was a one off charitable doodah)
Thing is, I like the idea of a one off kit each year for a charitable reason..Pink for Breast/bollock cancer and so on. sell the kit cheaper than than the normal one with all proceeds going to the charity it represents

City don't seem to be a difficult game in the slightest, their record against the teams above them this season is abysmal. Saying that I hope they turn up for the Woolwich.

With the way City have played this season and how Woolwich have played against the big teams, the City game should be one of the easiest of the remaining fixtures for the cunts.

That being said, I hope City get their shit together for that one.

City don't seem to be a difficult game in the slightest, their record against the teams above them this season is abysmal. Saying that I hope they turn up for the Woolwich.
I'm sure City will want to try and finish on a high by beating the scum seeing as the rest of the season has been pretty much a cluster fuck for them :avbpray:

I'll be honest, i kinda liked it (I assume it was a one off charitable doodah)
Thing is, I like the idea of a one off kit each year for a charitable reason..Pink for Breast/bollock cancer and so on. sell the kit cheaper than than the normal one with all proceeds going to the charity it represents
That's a cracking idea. Seems a much better idea than the donating a days wages which to my knowledge not all the players do. Anyone feel free to correct me on that then do so please.

I hate to be the Spectre at the feast, but if any other top 5 club kept winning 1-0, the media would be critical of them.
I thought that they would drop points against Watford, West Brom and Palace. But they caught two of them with their minds on the Cup semi Final, just as Woolwich did with Everton.
Can't understand why good managers can't find a way to beat their system.

I hate to be the Spectre at the feast, but if any other top 5 club kept winning 1-0, the media would be critical of them.
I thought that they would drop points against Watford, West Brom and Palace. But they caught two of them with their minds on the Cup semi Final, just as Woolwich did with Everton.

It's not even that difficult a system to beat. Play them at their own game, sit deep defend in numbers, counter on the break. Pulisball is the answer!

The new old Arse*** it would seem Leicester have become.

Back
Top Bottom