Home to Bournemouth - 20th March

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great result, great performance a pleasure to watch. Needed that win and needed that showing to let LC and Woolwich know we mean business. Woolwich supporters will be a little disheartened as we were yesterday over this result. I couldn't watch MOTD because of the Scum and LC winning.

COYS

I thought I was the only one!

I recorded it and went to bed. I mean, who wants to endure that bollocks?

Deleted it unwatched this afternoon.

Well, that was a pleasant way to send 90+ minutes, I must say!
Super team performance again, I love how this team support each other. Yes, we could have scored a couple more, but that's just being greedy. Did Hugo have to make one save?
Their kit deserves to be put on a bonfire.
Credit to the supporters for giving 101-year old Eileen such a rousing reception, hope you're as kind to me in a couple of years time :pochsmirk:

Well, that was a pleasant way to send 90+ minutes, I must say!
Super team performance again, I love how this team support each other. Yes, we could have scored a couple more, but that's just being greedy. Did Hugo have to make one save?
Their kit deserves to be put on a bonfire.
Credit to the supporters for giving 101-year old Eileen such a rousing reception, hope you're as kind to me in a couple of years time :pochsmirk:
Oh, listen to you...

We met a load of Bournemouth fans in the Kings Stores at Liverpool Street. They were good lads and beers were swapped. A lad said we've been to West Ham - what a shithole - Is Tottenham a shithole?. My mate said we don't go for the architecture.

All in all, decent fans having the time of their lives. We met some of them after the game in the same pub, and they were very complimentary about our old ground - I wish them well.

Perfect performance.. Could ave been 6.

Couldn't believe the space they were giving Walker in the first half. He had half the pitch to himself.
That pink strip was shocking..

Atmosphere was very good today.
Special mention to ST holder Eileen McBride.. 101 today and received a presentation from Sir Pat Jennings.
Yeah, saw that. What a wonderful lady. She started going in the 30's ffs.

Had to have been a great day at the Lane, brother.
I'm jealous.
Brilliant day Ed. Clear blue skies, decent away fans, and a sublime performance. You could feel the love radiating out from the ground and into the wider North London heartland. My most enjoyable home game this season - everything was just so.

Brilliant day Ed. Clear blue skies, decent away fans, and a sublime performance. You could feel the love radiating out from the ground and into the wider North London heartland. My most enjoyable home game this season - everything was just so.
giphy.gif

One thing is for sure, it is going to be painfully difficult for Poch to make the call on Wimmer vs Verts. Vertonghen is one of my favourite players in this squad but Wimmer has had one hell of a call up and it would be verging on disrespectful to remove him after so many great performances. Do you guys think Verts will automatically come back in?

One thing is for sure, it is going to be painfully difficult for Poch to make the call on Wimmer vs Verts. Vertonghen is one of my favourite players in this squad but Wimmer has had one hell of a call up and it would be verging on disrespectful to remove him after so many great performances. Do you guys think Verts will automatically come back in?

No.

Baffles me why people use the words "Automatic" with Poch in charge. If you deserve to play, you will play and it's as simple as that.

I'd be surprised if Jan got a full game this season, if we're still in the title race for the next few weeks.

And to think I was singing my lungs out, and a nervous wreck, a mere 4,074 miles away......

No.

Baffles me why people use the words "Automatic" with Poch in charge. If you deserve to play, you will play and it's as simple as that.

I'd be surprised if Jan got a full game this season, if we're still in the title race for the next few weeks.
So he's got a 99% chance of playing a full game this season...
:freund:

No.

And Vertonghen doesn't deserve to play based on his performances before he got injured? I think they both deserve to play which is what makes it a tough decision

After watching that convincing win vs Leicester's jammy 1-0 win against Palace, I can't help but feel that the title race will be neck and neck now that the business end of the campaign is here. We're finally on level terms with Leicester in not having extra games to play, something they've enjoyed for quite a while now. The fact that we are still within striking distance is an amazing feat on the part of Poch and co.

And Vertonghen doesn't deserve to play based on his performances before he got injured? I think they both deserve to play which is what makes it a tough decision

A players performances pre-injury aren't indicative of a players performances post-injury.

So, you're in the title race. There's 7 games to go. Your defence has conceded 0 goals in the past 2 games and has been pretty good. You then change the back line regardless of this, knowing a title could depend on a rusty player?

Jan won't be fit for another 2-3 weeks I'd imagine, at which point where are 6 games to go. Is it really worth risking it?

The title won't be decided on our defence, but on our attack (Other than Kane and Alli no one has been in the goals to the extent you'd hope. I.e. Chadli with 15+ or Son with 10+). Swapping Jan for Wimmer isn't an upgrade, they're both just as good, so it's a pointless switch.

I don't think the title will be decided upon anything though. Win the next 7 games and it's still likely we don't win it, which I'm fine with, it's been a great season and some players look like they need a rest, Alli especially.

Back
Top Bottom