Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

horseshit, of course, but hey ho

Are you saying shot stopping is a lot more important than say.. positioning?

Because positioning would have helped him actually save that goal..

We know Lloris' shot stopping is excellent. That's never been an issue. Just shows though, that his WORLD CLASS shot stopping didn't help him for the USA goal but his positioning (as usual) was pretty lacklustre.

Are you saying shot stopping is a lot more important than say.. positioning?

Because positioning would have helped him actually save that goal..

We know Lloris' shot stopping is excellent. That's never been an issue. Just shows though, that his WORLD CLASS shot stopping didn't help him for the USA goal but his positioning (as usual) was pretty lacklustre.
he was in the right position. the perfect position for when the ball is at that angle is a couple of steps away from the post. so you can comfortably reach it with the arm. that way its covered

his shot stopping, just like the opening game against the chavs, is what wasnt on point, even though the shot was hammered, he should have stopped it

he was in the right position. the perfect position for when the ball is at that angle is a couple of steps away from the post. so you can comfortably reach it with the arm. that way its covered

his shot stopping, just like the opening game against the chavs, is what wasnt on point, even though the shot was hammered, he should have stopped it

Well he clearly wasn't in the right position or the ball wouldn't have gone in.

Seen far enough of Lloris to know he has some of the best reflexes and one of the best shot stoppers in the world. But his positioning has cost us time and time again.

Plenty of times last season in fact.

I'd say our scouting for a new keeper should begin this summer. Spend the next season watching many young keepers and search for the next great goalie.

Well he clearly wasn't in the right position or the ball wouldn't have gone in.

Seen far enough of Lloris to know he has some of the best reflexes and one of the best shot stoppers in the world. But his positioning has cost us time and time again.

Plenty of times last season in fact.
his positioning was spot on. at that angle you cover the post. not lean against it.

There is couple of them. But we need world class goalkeeper, not some potential. Hugo is good, but these mistakes are happening often now. He lead the table by mistakes this season if I remember correctly.

Not sure if we could get a world class goalkeeper in. Someone with that potential maybe.

Asenjo would be brilliant, but he has had his fair share of injuries.

Leno would also be a wise choice.

It's garbage positioning.

He's borderline leaning against it.

I'd say he was too close to the post.

you would be wrong. His position is spot on.he reaches out and touches the post.making him an arms length away from it. which is the right position.
im not gonna continue to argue it cos i cant be arsed anymore. feel free to think yourself right, but you aint.

First and foremost that is absolutely wank defending from Umtiti a) for his touch b) losing his footing c) for not closing down/getting tight to the attacker d) for not then blocking the shot

The fact it goes through the legs of Umtiti make that shot much harder to sight. As for his positioning it's perfect, Lloris he can use the post (touch it for his bearings) but don't know why he hold onto it, wrong. But the shot is cleanly struck and hard and through the legs of his defender, should have blocked with his legs/feet rather than attempt to use body/hands, it was hit to hard for him to get down in time.

First and foremost that is absolutely wank defending from Umtiti a) for his touch b) losing his footing c) for not closing down/getting tight to the attacker d) for not then blocking the shot

The fact it goes through the legs of Umtiti make that shot much harder to sight. As for his positioning it's perfect, Lloris he can use the post (touch it for his bearings) but don't know why he hold onto it, wrong. But the shot is cleanly struck and hard and through the legs of his defender, should have blocked with his legs/feet rather than attempt to use body/hands, it was hit to hard for him to get down in time.

I think Lloris not saving shots with his legs/feet is a huge weakness in his game.

its an instinctive thing to hold it for a moment. once your hand is against the post, you rarely think "hold it"..it just curls round it our of instinct. also means you are covering anything that might be hitting the post, not just covering up to the post

I think Lloris not saving shots with his legs/feet is a huge weakness in his game.
I think he's one of the best 5 'keepers in the World and doesn't have a weakness as such. Areas he can improve on sure. His distribution has been wank since we signed him, but this season I'd go so far as to say it's been very, very good. Can't say I've noticed anything else that has stood out as a poor pattern from him, nothing that was as noticeable like his distribution used to be.

its an instinctive thing to hold it for a moment. once your hand is against the post, you rarely think "hold it"..it just curls round it our of instinct. also means you are covering anything that might be hitting the post, not just covering up to the post
Yeah. I don't think it's the reason the goal went in but takes a tenth of a second to let go of it. But for me just don't know why he didn't stand up and block with his legs/feet, he will have bought himself the tenth of a second to perhaps track it and block it. (having said all that I'm the world worst 'keeper and as an outfield player would instinctively go for everything with my feet, even if it was shoulder hight. 'keeping is a mad business).

I think he's one of the best 5 'keepers in the World and doesn't have a weakness as such. Areas he can improve on sure. His distribution has been wank since we signed him, but this season I'd go so far as to say it's been very, very good. Can't say I've noticed anything else that has stood out as a poor pattern from him, nothing that was as noticeable like his distribution used to be.
he's had a ropey season and spannered in a few shots he should have stopped, cock ups like chelsea etc.

but the old adage, form is temporary class is permanent

that being said, he is 31. it is time to be finding the 19-20 yr old to replace him in 3-4 years time, or the 24/25 yr old to replace him now if thats the best option.

or get donnarumma and have both the ready made replacement and the 19 yr old

Back
Top Bottom