Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Drunk driving should be a more serious crime than it is. But I don't particularly think it is appropriate for an employer to punish an employee for off-the-clock actions. Hugo's alleged drinking and driving is an offense to the state. It wasn't an offense to the club. The club should not punish someone for their actions on their own time

The one exception to that is if it impacts his work performance. So if Hugo missed training because of his arrest, the club should dock his pay.

What I dont get at all is how someone who makes the money Hugo does would even consider having a single drink and then getting behind the wheel. Why take a chance? Just hire a driver and enjoy your night out with your ultra cunt friends.

In conclusion, fuck Giroud.

Drunk driving should be a more serious crime than it is. But I don't particularly think it is appropriate for an employer to punish an employee for off-the-clock actions. Hugo's alleged drinking and driving is an offense to the state. It wasn't an offense to the club. The club should not punish someone for their actions on their own time

The one exception to that is if it impacts his work performance. So if Hugo missed training because of his arrest, the club should dock his pay.

What I dont get at all is how someone who makes the money Hugo does would even consider having a single drink and then getting behind the wheel. Why take a chance? Just hire a driver and enjoy your night out with your ultra cunt friends.

In conclusion, fuck Giroud.
It should only be an issue if he has breached the terms of his contract- missing work because he was sat in a cell presumably would constitute a breach of his terms of employment. As Poch has repeatedly said, players are paid to train. If he’s not training because he is otherwise engaged at a police station...the club will likely fine him.
The only other issue is if drinking is a problem for him. Can’t see it, but if it is, then he will need support through it.

All this demotion talk, or benching him is OTT on the facts as we know them. As Joe Clash Joe Clash said, it serves no purpose other than to harm the team. If it hasn’t affected his ability to keep goal, then he should keep goal.

Firmino was nicked for drink driving was picked 3 days later and played and what was the back page of the Mirror
Headline:
“The Drinks Are On Me” accompanied picture of him being mobbed by his teammates celebrating.

Then:

“Firmino shrugs off drink drive rap to fire Reds into second spot”
Followed by:

“Firmino bounced back from his drink drive charge with a sparkling display. Liverpool boss Klopp said he had not considered dropping the forward after he was stopped by police in the early hours of Christmas Eve. The samba ace repaid Klopps faith by scoring as the Reds moved back into second.
“He was the best man in training so there was no way I was going to leave him out” said the Kop King”

No discontent there about morality .
They were congratulating him for his dedication In putting the trauma behind him and his effort to repay the trust & loyalty his staunch boss Klopp had put in him.

So let’s not here anything about what Spurs should do to Lloris from such papers

Last edited:
It should only be an issue if he has breached the terms of his contract- missing work because he was sat in a cell presumably would constitute a breach of his terms of employment. As Poch has repeatedly said, players are paid to train. If he’s not training because he is otherwise engaged at a police station...the club will likely fine him.
The only other issue is if drinking is a problem for him. Can’t see it, but if it is, then he will need support through it.

All this demotion talk, or benching him is OTT on the facts as we know them. As Joe Clash Joe Clash said, it serves no purpose other than to harm the team. If it hasn’t affected his ability to keep goal, then he should keep goal.
The missed training is the biggest issue inside the squad. Are we meant to believe Poch would accept a player just not turning out for training because they slept in, or extended a holiday, or whatever else? On the eve of a big head to head match with a direct rival? And if Poch/Spurs wouldn't tolerate such actions, how is the captain fitted with a better excuse because he was sat in a jail cell? If you can not show up for training because you've been arrested and still play, how is Poch going to keep someone who just doesn't feel like it in line? We cunted Edward's off for not showing up to training on time, but the captain not showing up because he's sat in a jail cell is acceptable? No.

If it were any other player in the squad besides Lloris or Kane, I cant see there being anything close to the levels of outrage shown here at them being dropped. There's a number of players in the squad who, had they done the similar, the general consensus here would be to banish them to the reserves to rot and/or fuck them off to Turkey for 2 pence. And it's that sort of preferential treatment of celebrities that's so terribly fucked in our society.

Not a single person would be saying Sissoko shouldn't be dropped from the squad for a D&D that cause him to miss training.

The missed training is the biggest issue inside the squad. Are we meant to believe Poch would accept a player just not turning out for training because they slept in, or extended a holiday, or whatever else? On the eve of a big head to head match with a direct rival? And if Poch/Spurs wouldn't tolerate such actions, how is the captain fitted with a better excuse because he was sat in a jail cell? If you can not show up for training because you've been arrested and still play, how is Poch going to keep someone who just doesn't feel like it in line? We cunted Edward's off for not showing up to training on time, but the captain not showing up because he's sat in a jail cell is acceptable? No.

If it were any other player in the squad besides Lloris or Kane, I cant see there being anything close to the levels of outrage shown here at them being dropped. There's a number of players in the squad who, had they done the similar, the general consensus here would be to banish them to the reserves to rot and/or fuck them off to Turkey for 2 pence. And it's that sort of preferential treatment of celebrities that's so terribly fucked in our society.

Not a single person would be saying Sissoko shouldn't be dropped from the squad for a D&D that cause him to miss training.
Everyone thinks Sissoko should be dropped when he's the first person at the training facility and the last to leave.
:sonhmm:

Everyone thinks Sissoko should be dropped when he's the first person at the training facility and the last to leave.
:sonhmm:
Correct, but put him in Lloris' shoes and those people would use it as a stick to beat him out of the club because it supports their previous personal beliefs. It's an experiment in objectivity and integrity. Hugo's playing is being defended because theres perceived to be a massive dropoff between him and Vorm in talent, and people would rather Spurs win 3 points against United than take a stand against ridiculously rich celebrities doing whatever the fuck they want.

Correct, but put him in Lloris' shoes and those people would use it as a stick to beat him out of the club because it supports their previous personal beliefs. It's an experiment in objectivity and integrity. Hugo's playing is being defended because theres perceived to be a massive dropoff between him and Vorm in talent, and people would rather Spurs win 3 points against United than take a stand against ridiculously rich celebrities doing whatever the fuck they want.
Of course that's the case. Lloris is more important to the club than Sissoko. So he gets more leeway. My kids are more important to me than some random kids. Therefore I let them live with me even though they annoy me sometimes.

Why do you want fans to be objective?

I agree that missing training for the reason he did is unacceptable and I imagine the club will discipline him. I’m happy with that.
I don’t see why he should be thrown under a bus after the years of superb service he has given us though. If the club decides to fine him 2 weeks wages, I’m ok with that. If they decide to drop him (seems unlikely given the murmurings from inside WHL) or strip him of the captaincy, then it seems excessive for a single mistake also made by thousands of people every year. But that is the club’s prerogative if that’s what they do. If he is regularly turning up at the ground/training pissed, then it’s a bigger problem. It was a very poor judgment call on his behalf. No question. But if it isn’t affecting his ability to do his job (which is to train) & it is an isolated incident, then it doesn’t seem equitable to throw a club servant under the bus. It’s in the hands of the club & the court how they deal with him. And like it or not, it will be what it will be in terms of punishment.

Why are you so desperate for him to be dropped? It’s as if you’ve convinced yourself that no other punishment is appropriate. A one game ban says very little - in fact all it says is d&d and all you’ll suffer is missing one game - hardly draconian. Trust the management on this one.

Why are you so desperate for him to be dropped? It’s as if you’ve convinced yourself that no other punishment is appropriate. A one game ban says very little - in fact all it says is d&d and all you’ll suffer is missing one game - hardly draconian. Trust the management on this one.

The sooner tomorrow night comes and Hugo plays a fucking blinder the better, this self flagellation ironically involving Hugo is getting to be a pain in the fucking arse. :hugoshock::llorishowudoin:

Option A
“Hey Hugo. You fucked up & there’s a bit of heat. Lay low for a week or two. Have a breather from the limelight old boy”

Option B
“Hey Hugo. You fucked up and there’s a bit of heat. Get out there and show everybody what Hugo Lloris is all about. Go Help win us that game.”

Back
Top Bottom