Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've had a feeling all week we'll win. But if Vorm starts I think we'll struggle. I have nothing against the guy, I just don't rate him. And I worry about the confidence of our back line with him between the sticks.

We’ve got a great chance of winning this game - don’t scupper it by playing our dodgy keeper.

Why are you so desperate for him to be dropped? It’s as if you’ve convinced yourself that no other punishment is appropriate. A one game ban says very little - in fact all it says is d&d and all you’ll suffer is missing one game - hardly draconian. Trust the management on this one.
I want to see him dropped for at least a month and lose the captaincy. Sorry, Joe, drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide, it's an enormously selfish and immature decision which is entirely avoidable, particularly for a person of means. There's no excuse for it and the meaning of a series of football matches and the points won or lost are of far, far less concern to me than the serious issues surrounding the culture of drink driving in the west. That's my view on it, honestly, that's how I feel about the issue. Lloris has plummeted to being my least favourite Spur, that's the reality of it, and I couldn't care less if he fucks off at this point. He's a great player, but that doesn't give him the license to endanger innocent lives because he's too big a cunt to call a cab.

I want to see him dropped for at least a month and lose the captaincy. Sorry, Joe, drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide, it's an enormously selfish and immature decision which is entirely avoidable, particularly for a person of means. There's no excuse for it and the meaning of a series of football matches and the points won or lost are of far, far less concern to me than the serious issues surrounding the culture of drink driving in the west. That's my view on it, honestly, that's how I feel about the issue. Lloris has plummeted to being my least favourite Spur, that's the reality of it, and I couldn't care less if he fucks off at this point.
We all make mistakes. Let go out and suffer the wrath of the home fans

I want to see him dropped for at least a month and lose the captaincy. Sorry, Joe, drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide, it's an enormously selfish and immature decision which is entirely avoidable, particularly for a person of means. There's no excuse for it and the meaning of a series of football matches and the points won or lost are of far, far less concern to me than the serious issues surrounding the culture of drink driving in the west. That's my view on it, honestly, that's how I feel about the issue. Lloris has plummeted to being my least favourite Spur, that's the reality of it, and I couldn't care less if he fucks off at this point. He's a great player, but that doesn't give him the license to endanger innocent lives because he's too big a cunt to call a cab.

Why not just stop watching the club for a month? In your words "drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide" ... that's fair enough you need to do what you need to do ....

The fact is he's fecked' up badly, he will be punished by the law and by our club, if that offends your sensibility that's perfectly understandable ... if you can't separate reality from abstract (possibly for very understandable reasons) don't expect the rest of us to necessarily go along with you ...

Llloris is our number one keeper, if the law allows it then he should be playing ......

We do, and we should be punished for our mistakes. In my eyes the punishment he's likely to receive doesnt come close to matching the crime. A couple weeks salary is nothing to him.

His punishment will be decided by the courts. Any punishment from the club would (or at least should) be entirely focused on missing training.

I'm sorry my sobriety offends you, Joe.
Ya missed the point Sos. As usual. I wasn’t talking about you - i was talking about Scotland - which you seem to represent. I’ve been travelling around your country for the last 12 years. In my experience the northern Scots seem to distrust the central Scots more than the English. I was away up north last week and chatting to the riggers in the Bridge Hotel and they all, to a man, said you are a massive cunt.

Why not just stop watching the club for a month? In your words "drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide" ... that's fair enough you need to do what you need to do ....

The fact is he's fecked' up badly, he will be punished by the law and by our club, if that offends your sensibility that's perfectly understandable ... if you can't separate reality from abstract (possibly for very understandable reasons) don't expect the rest of us to necessarily go along with you ...

Llloris is our number one keeper, if the law allows it then he should be playing ......
If he plays Monday, I won't watch, honestly. As you say, that's my prerogative.

Will, I think though it would be pretty normal in US sports for a player to sit out a game for something like this, in the context of all the other recent drink driving incidents in the UK, it seems like its not a normal punishment. Should probably just accept it as a cultural difference. Not watching the game is just punishing yourself for nothing.

He won't be dropped. Doubt Poch gives a shit. Him and Levy have probably got behind the wheel after one too many glasses of mate after hours at the training ground.

Hello

I'm French and follow Spurs since Lloris joined in 2012
Now I love the team and its spirit. I even went from France around 10 times to see matchs at WHL and Wembley
I was really surprised with Lloris DD and will wait to know more
As French I was a bit surprised by the reaction in this thread and really feel for him as I imagine his state of mind. I think that it must be also another issues to face for Poch,

I obviously agree that you increase the risk while driving when you have drunk over the limit.
But eventhough I never ever drink alcool, I must admit that I have surely endanger as well other people life by missing attention, driving too quickly or being tired.

You have risen my attention even more and my way to answer was to donate money to an association helping people having lost their beloved in car accidents.
#COYS

Back
Top Bottom