Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ya missed the point Sos. As usual. I wasn’t talking about you - i was talking about Scotland - which you seem to represent. I’ve been travelling around your country for the last 12 years. In my experience the northern Scots seem to distrust the central Scots more than the English. I was away up north last week and chatting to the riggers in the Bridge Hotel and they all, to a man, said you are a massive cunt.
Indeed, The Scots of Invernaewhere distrust us lowlanders. We couldn't give a fuck. They are a culturally backward lot. Certainly not significant enough to take seriously

I want to see him dropped for at least a month and lose the captaincy. Sorry, Joe, drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide, it's an enormously selfish and immature decision which is entirely avoidable, particularly for a person of means. There's no excuse for it and the meaning of a series of football matches and the points won or lost are of far, far less concern to me than the serious issues surrounding the culture of drink driving in the west. That's my view on it, honestly, that's how I feel about the issue. Lloris has plummeted to being my least favourite Spur, that's the reality of it, and I couldn't care less if he fucks off at this point. He's a great player, but that doesn't give him the license to endanger innocent lives because he's too big a cunt to call a cab.

Steady on mate. I agreed with you to a point, and if he lost the captaincy over this, I wouldn't have an issue...but dropped for a month? That would punish the other players, the club, and us.

Calm down mate!!

If he plays Monday, I won't watch, honestly. As you say, that's my prerogative.

What a holier-than-thou attitude to take. How self-righteous!

Wow, must be great living on Planet Perfect where the only thing to fear is being shot!

Hugo made a bad decision and will pay the price as perceived by the justice system in the UK. He will also face a punishment from the club. He is, like all of us, human so capable of error. You need to climb down from your pedestal and join the rest of us mortals!

:pochsulk:

MMV8HpL2clxJdm9iLGUffJf5neI=.gif

I want to see him dropped for at least a month and lose the captaincy. Sorry, Joe, drink driving is just something I can't and won't abide, it's an enormously selfish and immature decision which is entirely avoidable, particularly for a person of means. There's no excuse for it and the meaning of a series of football matches and the points won or lost are of far, far less concern to me than the serious issues surrounding the culture of drink driving in the west. That's my view on it, honestly, that's how I feel about the issue. Lloris has plummeted to being my least favourite Spur, that's the reality of it, and I couldn't care less if he fucks off at this point. He's a great player, but that doesn't give him the license to endanger innocent lives because he's too big a cunt to call a cab.

Wow that's a strong opinion...literally gobsmacked...

Media saying he registered 36 milligrams when the legal limit was 35.....

Sounds like he miscalculated recovery time from a couple of drinks in the evening.

He will be punished by the courts, the club and is ashamed.

Hyperbole saying he should be banned for a month?

36 milligrams? Lightweight
If true, that’s unlucky.
Under 40, the Police didn’t used to prosecute as a matter of policy & between 40-50 he could have opted for a specimen of blood/urine (almost always blood was requested) to replace the breath test. By the time the blood was taken, he would likely have been under the limit if his breath reading was 36. Law & policy changed and we have the mandatory 35.
Not making excuses, he was over according to the law as it stands. But to be over by 1mg? Jeez.
I bet his lawyer is demanding to see every callibration check the machine has ever had to make sure of it’s absolute accuracy. It would be pissing in the wind if the reading was higher, but I’d be demanding proof that the machine was 100% reliable & accurate before pleading guilty.

Have you or someone close to you been affected by the actions of someone driving under the influence?

I was once breathalised ten hours after drinking and I was completely clear. Hugo probably felt sober as a judge when he got into his car. Anyway, a keeper should never be captain.

If true, that’s unlucky.
Under 40, the Police didn’t used to prosecute as a matter of policy & between 40-50 he could have opted for a specimen of blood/urine (almost always blood was requested) to replace the breath test. By the time the blood was taken, he would likely have been under the limit if his breath reading was 36. Law & policy changed and we have the mandatory 35.
Not making excuses, he was over according to the law as it stands. But to be over by 1mg? Jeez.
I bet his lawyer is demanding to see every callibration check the machine has ever had to make sure of it’s absolute accuracy. It would be pissing in the wind if the reading was higher, but I’d be demanding proof that the machine was 100% reliable & accurate before pleading guilty.

Yup totally agree, I am pretty sure that if he is only 1 mg over the limit then his solicitor will defo get him off this with out a conviction. There are sooooo many variables he can pull up to explain why the machine is “not sufficiently accurate”.

If true, that’s unlucky.

With someone of this profile you are guilty until proven guilty as some on here have shown.

Probably no point even contesting it as once the story has leaked its only ever going to be interpreted one way.

Yup totally agree, I am pretty sure that if he is only 1 mg over the limit then his solicitor will defo get him off this with out a conviction. There are sooooo many variables he can pull up to explain why the machine is “not sufficiently accurate”.
I don’t know whether he will or won’t. The machines can be slightly inaccurate if not properly maintained & calibrated. But what we should all bear in mind that until he pleads guilty to being over the limit, he won’t get punished by the court, & as such I don’t think the club should wade in with their own punishment before the event.

Back
Top Bottom