Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, hopefully we can win the Moral High Ground Trophy again that way.

The only people to benefit from dropping Hugo (assuming he's in a good place psychologically and physically on Monday) are United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsen*l
No. The benefit is that it sends out a message to millions of children around the world who support us and look up to Hugo that drink driving is reprehensible and carries very severe consequences. Odds are given the numbers that it'll dissuade just a few of them from driving a car drunk some day, prevent an accident, save a life. That is more important than football any day of the week.

Marine Lloris posting this about an hour ago so I don't know if that means she's... unconcerned? Fuck knows.

Okay, she's set her account to private suddenly.

Shiiiiiiit.

giphy.gif

Can everyone jumping on their high horses honestly say they've not driven while on the 2 pint borderline?

Getting in a car paralytic and wrapping it round a lamppost is one thing, being marginally over the limit after a second glass of wine with a meal is another. It's still silly and a high profile sportsman should really be operating "none for the road"... but i will reserve judgement until more info is released (if ever).

I must say I've never driven after touching alcohol, am I in the minority?

As for Lloris being dropped for this as someone suggested, surely we can't punish him for non footballing reasons.

Can everyone jumping on their high horses honestly say they've not driven while on the 2 pint borderline?

Getting in a car paralytic and wrapping it round a lamppost is one thing, being marginally over the limit after a second glass of wine with a meal is another. It's still silly and a high profile sportsman should really be operating "none for the road"... but i will reserve judgement until more info is released (if ever).
Yes I can, in part because I have a disability which means I'll never be able to drive. I still manage to go out and get home without driving and without putting anyone at risk. And my budget for a year is less than what Hugo earns in a day. Even being a bit under the limit makes you multiple times more likely to cause an accident and to kill someone than not having any alcohol in your system. Being over it is inexcusable.

To the 3 absolute dickheads who've disagreed with this reasonable post...explain yourselves or fuck off.

What is your problem, you hysterical snowflake?!?! Maybe one shall think a bit before calling ppl absurdly inpolite names for disagreeing with you. You do not have some kind of "monopoly of opinion"!!! Jeez... you come off very unstable with such reaction, maybe check on mental health would not hurt, aye?

I for once do not believe that watching our important game from the stands or from the bench would do any good. Rather get back on the horse. Focus on the thing you are used to doing. There are few days (3 to be percise) to think about it and reflect. The deed was stupid and there no excuses. And it was a PR blunder for the club. But you make it seems as if he would have got beaten up / attacked / shot, or he would have done any of the things to someone else! He is a professional and he is head above best keeper we have. We are facing an important game to keep up the momentum against one of the main rivals and he absolutely should play (unless he himself feels he would not be ready).

Yes, you are right. I suppose I'm talking from a moral standpoint rather than the actuality being bladdered as opposed to slightly tipsy. The level of inebriation would be a differentiator.

I've got no axe to grind over this in the way of a personal tale, it's just one of my pet peeves.

Aa an aside I accept I'm no goody two shoes, holier than thou type. I have my vices, I just don't think endangering other peoples lives should ever be one of them.
Nope me either - will never drink and drive and I am worried sometimes next day and err on the side of caution. But I do think there is a huge difference between slightly over the limit and drinking loads and getting behind the wheel. Both are wrong and shouldn't happen but one is more wrong,

To the 3 absolute dickheads who've disagreed with this reasonable post...explain yourselves or fuck off.
Well I disagreed with what you said - self explanatory really isn't it?

Or should I have gone to your level of insight:

I can see Lloris being mentally right for the United game, whether he's dropped or not

Last edited:
There are some extremely law abiding posters in this thread. I'm impressed.

I wish i could say the same but in my defence i have never illegally downloaded a song/film or done illegal drugs of any kind.

I'm not all bad.

First club in history to not make a single signing, mess up the opening of our new stadium by several months and now our club captain arrested for drink driving :pochfacepalm:
All I'm saying is, thank fakin' Christ we have such a good team and manager. Could you imagine if there was as big a shit show on the field as there is off it right now? The 2011 riots would seem like a pub brawl.

There are some extremely law abiding posters in this thread. I'm impressed.

I wish i could say the same but in my defence i have never illegally downloaded a song/film or done illegal drugs of any kind.

I'm not all bad.

There's a pretty clear difference though. If you download a film, you're only hurting somebody's profit margins. If you take illegal drugs, you're putting yourself in danger - and in my opinion that should be you're perogative. If you drink-drive, you're putting other people in danger. It's not really comparable.

Back
Top Bottom