Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At no point have I excused his actions. Provide a quote where I have.

You're pulling at that string to retrieve your bollocks.

My issue, as I have said numerous times now is whiter than white, high horse fuckers like you demanding more punitive action than a 2 year ban, Over 300k fine total and public humiliation. You want his soul. Over a single, against character mistake in which nobody was physically harmed.

I see you're moving the goalposts now trying to say I'm saying he never intended to drive. Nope, that's not what I said. What I said was, when you were trying to shoehorn in a comparison with Danny Rose, was that his intention in his actions was never to harm anyone and wasn't done with the full capacity of his senses. He just wanted to get home and was too stupid in his inebriated state to simply think and order a cab and wait.

Stop trying to make this debate into something it isn't. You've done it numerous times now.

I have stated clearly what I mean and you trying to twist into something else and bring up previous debates to somehow get a win just makes you look silly.

What makes you think you, without all the evidence presented at trial, or the knowledge that Poch has of the man are the arbitrar of what is or isn't sufficient punishment in this case?

It seems to me that you've been looking for a reason to go at Hugo and I'm not sure why.

He has been punished massively. But you want more.

I repeat, how much punishment is enough punishment? Where does the punishment stop? Where the law allows or where you personally feel?
Mate, he ordered a cab because he knew he was pissed. The cab apparently cancelled and he then decided he'd had enough waiting and was gonna drive anyway.

That's not a fucking mistake. That's an egregiously arrogant, selfish, and willful decision for which there is no excuse. Never mind he shouldn't be pissed at 3am before work on a big week to begin with, and his offence caused him to miss work because he was in jail.

Seriously, stop trying to excuse his behavior. It's a "mistake", it wasn't "intentional", he has a "good record". Nah, fuck off...he's a cunt. If he can stay sober behind the wheel for another decade maybe he'll have earnt back some of the respect he's thrown away.

The only positive to take from today is that Lloris didn't try weaselling out of the charge (though being bang to rights with the blood alcohol test does rather force his hand with that one).

Not really much more to add than has been said before. Very much hoped it was going to be a 'marginal' blood alcohol level over the limit (as some twitter rumours from last month had implied) that could have been more easily explained but being pulled over at 2am was always a red flag.

Re: the captaincy. I was a little surprised to see him leading the boys out against United but I suppose it reflects the dressing room sticking behind him. Pochettino would make a rod for his own back if he stripped Lloris of the captaincy when the rest of the squad didn't want him to do so - likewise, I doubt he'll be dropping Lucas against Liverpool because of certain twitterati.

I do think that the club could do themselves a PR favour if they had a video/interview with Hugo condemning drink driving, as all we've had so far was Lloris' brief apology statement. Then again, today's newspaper is tomorrow's fish and chip paper.

Mate, he ordered a cab because he knew he was pissed. The cab apparently cancelled and he then decided he'd had enough waiting and was gonna drive anyway.

That's not a fucking mistake. That's an egregiously arrogant, selfish, and willful decision for which there is no excuse. Never mind he shouldn't be pissed at 3am before work on a big week to begin with, and his offence caused him to miss work because he was in jail.

Seriously, stop trying to excuse his behavior. It's a "mistake", it wasn't "intentional", he has a "good record". Nah, fuck off...he's a cunt. If he can stay sober behind the wheel for another decade maybe he'll have earnt back some of the respect he's thrown away.
You are absolutely hysterical and going round in circles.

Ima bow out until you put more lies in my mouth.

All you've done here is shown what you are. No quote as requested either as you once again say I'm excusing his behaviour Says it all. Didn't answer the question posed to you either. Not once have I excused his behaviour and you've accused me of it multiple times.

Anyone can make up the opposing point to make themselves look a genius.

Think on that whilst you anger wank yourself into a stupor over a good person making a bad mistake.

I expect to see you at Wembley soon enough booing him.

Us Spurs fans choose to support our own in their time of need. Especially if they have earned that kind of support through impeccable behaviour through 6 years.

And you mock us for it?

You don't and want to whittle a guy down to nothing for a mistake.

Bravo Memphis. You're the hardest man on this board and are judge, jury and executioner.

"the next decade". There you are again making yourself the arbitrar of what he has to do to repent. Christ, the narcissism.

We'll make sure we come to you whenever the subject of punishment arises again.

You know better than anyone. End of.

It's pretty sad that Hugo threw up in his own car. He obviously messed up in a grand way.
The fine and court punishment are pretty tough already though.
I'm fine with whatever Poch and the club have decided is appropriate as punishment.
I don't know that Hugo should be captain over Kane after this, but I'm wary of any move that pushes Hugo towards leaving the club.

It's pretty sad that Hugo threw up in his own car. He obviously messed up in a grand way.
I'm fine with whatever Poch and the club have decided is appropriate as punishment.
I don't know that Hugo should be captain over Kane after this, but I'm wary of any move that pushes Hugo towards leaving the club.
Did he throw up in his own car or was it one of his passengers?
:troll:

You are absolutely hysterical and going round in circles.

Ima bow out until you put more lies in my mouth.

All you've done here is shown what you are. No quote as requested either as you once again say I'm excusing his behaviour Says it all. Didn't answer the question posed to you either. Not once have I excused his behaviour and you've accused me of it multiple times.

Anyone can make up the opposing point to make themselves look a genius.

Think on that whilst you anger wank yourself into a stupor over a good person making a bad mistake.

I expect to see you at Wembley soon enough booing him.

Us Spurs fans choose to support our own in their time of need. Especially if they have earned that kind of support through impeccable behaviour through 6 years.

And you mock us for it?

You don't and want to whittle a guy down to nothing for a mistake.

Bravo Memphis. You're the hardest man on this board and are judge, jury and executioner.

We'll make sure we come to you whenever the subject of punishment arises again.

You know better than anyone. End of.
I'm not addressing your request for my summary of justifiable punishment because I've already told you that I don't view stripping him of his captaincy as a punitive action - it's a reaction to the fact that he's no longer fitting of fulfilling that title. If an employee chooses to get piss drunk and end up in a jail cell the night before work and misses an important day, their employer removing them as department chief isn't a punitive action to taken to punish the individual for his crimes - it's a reactionary measure taken because the individual no longer fits the brief of his position.

Whether you like it or not, "club captain" is an honourary title that places the individual as the public facing figurehead of the playing squad. It is a role of distinction, especially to youth who (most often to their detriment) idolize athlete role models in prominent positions. It is a position which should not ever be filled by a boozy, drunkard, idiot who's been nailed in the wee hours twice the limit, unable to speak or stand, having puked up his Porsche, all with a passenger in tow. And if you can't understand that, then I've no real hope for you. You get more offended by someone speaking to a paper than someone recklessly endangering lives - you've no perspective or integrity regarding the proper place of sport in society.

I've also not supplied the requested quotes as you yourself quoted the words you claim I put in your mouth, namely saying one act was intentional and the other was (insert euphamism for drunken stupor here) clearly implying you believe alcohol to remove the responsibility of intent. You then further went on to claim Hugo made a "mistake" rather than was willfully a dumb drunkard. You're falling all over yourself trying to find least objectionable words to describe his actions to spin this as some simple unfortunate event.

As far as me being some horrible hard cunt full of fire and brimstone, you wanted to wreck a man's career because he talked to a journo and said some things you didn't like. Who's the hard man?

Anyway. That's the last you'll get from me. Your barometer on crime and punishment that seems to revolve entirely around who can help your footy club win points most this week.

Anyway Memphis Will, weren't you going to boycott Spurs or something?
Haven't watched a match since before United. Won't watch this match. You seen me commenting in match threads? Didn't think so.

I'll continue not watching until the end of the month, as I said I believe Hugo should've been suspended for his actions. If you've got a problem with that, please go tell someone else as I give less than 1 fuck about your opinions, champ.

Sensible, calm and well reasoned post mate...take note MemphisWill MemphisWill

Haven't watched a match since before United. Won't watch this match. You seen me commenting in match threads? Didn't think so.

I'll continue not watching until the end of the month, as I said I believe Hugo should've been suspended for his actions. If you've got a problem with that, please go tell someone else as I give less than 1 fuck about your opinions, champ.

Why would you punish yourself by not watching? It won't change the club's mind will it?

Why limit yourself to a month? Seems a bit lightweight. If you think that the captain of Tottenham Hotspur is an utter cunt, then you'd best stay clear of the team altogether, as through their support for him, his teammates are accessories to his utter cuntdom and our manager is an utter cunt enabler.

Why would you punish yourself by not watching? It won't change the club's mind will it?
I don't feel punished, I simply don't feel like watching someone play when I believe they should be in the stands for the crime they committed. I don't spend that 2 hours a week rolling in the floor miserable that I don't get to see Spurs play. Believe it or not there are a lot of other things for me to fill the time with. I'll check the result later in the day, and go back about my business. Hope Spurs win - just don't feel like watching right now.

And no, I'm fully aware that one person not watching will not even register to the club. But it's a personal decision that I'm happy with. Never claimed I was doing it to show Poch and Levy what's what.

I haven’t watched a match since Danny Rose went to the Sun. Feels good.
latest

Back
Top Bottom