I'm gay. I'm having a ticket over you!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thread leads to Twitter discussion, Twitter discussion leads to thread discussion...

The one thing that's a concern is that several of those on Twitter can't separate the TFC forum from 1882.

Not everyone on the forum attends 1882, and not everyone who attends 1882 is on the forum. In fact I doubt there is a significant crossover at all, would be interesting to see.

Thread leads to Twitter discussion, Twitter discussion leads to thread discussion...

The one thing that's a concern is that several of those on Twitter can't separate the TFC forum from 1882.

Not everyone on the forum attends 1882, and not everyone who attends 1882 is on the forum. In fact I doubt there is a significant crossover at all, would be interesting to see.
The thread is largerly dominated by a vocal minority - although it offers a reasonable sample from both ends of the spectrum - i.e. attending and non-attending fans, for the lack of a better term

If I hear homophobic chanting against Brighton, I'm damn well gonna sing something else over them, and hope that others around me do too. And if I hear it from someone stood near me, they'll get a piece of my mind.

I am sensing that nobody actually give a shit about the flag being there. It is a Spurs flag, looks decent and there should be more Spurs flags around the ground. It is more of well if that flag is allowed how come certain others are not?

I get than an ISIS flag is a little skeptical, but a welsh flag for example?

If I hear homophobic chanting against Brighton, I'm damn well gonna sing something else over them, and hope that others around me do too. And if I hear it from someone stood near me, they'll get a piece of my mind.

The theme tune to Cabaret ?

Who are you calling pathetic?

I am outraged!
Really?
tumblr_mezyevj2C91qaz1co.gif

its only fucking banter, just like we give to fat people, ginger people, people wearing glasses, what about the ref and the shit he gets, he's in a fucking minority of 1

its only fucking banter, just like we give to fat people, ginger people, people wearing glasses, what about the ref and the shit he gets, he's in a fucking minority of 1
Ah "bantz".

That old chestnut. The last refuge of the racist/sexist/homophobe.

Not that you are of course Wolfie - but "banter" is just another term for low level bullying

Ah "bantz".

That old chestnut. The last refuge of the racist/sexist/homophobe.

Not that you are of course Wolfie - but "banter" is just another term for low level bullying
Larry, your probably aware that Brighton fans sing 1-0 to the nancy boys when they score. so I don't see the problem with the chants of does your boyfriend know your here.
We as Spurs supporters probably get more flak aimed at us than any other club , we never got our knickers in a twist over it , we hit back and Yid Army was born
West ham - Pikey's , best not call them that the gypsies might get offended

I am sensing that nobody actually give a shit about the flag being there. It is a Spurs flag, looks decent and there should be more Spurs flags around the ground. It is more of well if that flag is allowed how come certain others are not?

Simple isnt it.

Yet calling the rainbow flag a political flag, and questioning why that group gets special treatment* is somehow seen as homophobic.

* You see, political flags have been banned by the club. Except this one. Saying its not political because its just a rainbow makes you sound about 8.

Simple isnt it.

Yet calling the rainbow flag a political flag, and questioning why that group gets special treatment* is somehow seen as homophobic.

* You see, political flags have been banned by the club. Except this one. Saying its not political because its just a rainbow makes you sound about 8.
What is your definition of a political flag? A flag the makes a political statement (eg someone hanging a flag saying theyre against privatisation)
A flag for a political organisation or party? (such as a flag of the labour party)

Both of these i would agree are political. But as far as im aware, the LGBT SPURS are NOT a political party/organisation/movement. Yes, their flag features the rainbow, which represents the pride movement. But as ive said.. What the fuck else can a flag for the LGBT SPURS contain?? Why are you unable to seperate the two?

Back
Top Bottom