In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't forget that FSG employed Dalglish and Rodgers, and that until the last 2 seasons had a paltry spending record, poor on field results, and had the supporters on their back wishing them out of the club.

Winning, of course, changes everything...but everyone is feting their ownership as some miracle sent to Anfield to win trophies. Until very recently they were considered shit too.

If Henry had bought Spurs I doubt very much that anything would be different (or at least better). Other than our training ground would still be outdated and there'd still be a steel works North of the newly painted White Hart Lane.
Okay, fair enough. I may be letting the whole Moneyball thing cloud my judgement (and I visited Fenway Park in October, funnily enough) - I know they didn't actually get Billy Bean but they adopted the philosophy and above all else I see their current running of Liverpool as having a long term plan and sticking to it.

To be perfectly honest, the way I see us moving forward is some mega money investor/consortium taking us off ENIC's hands. They tow the party line of 'we're not looking to sell' but considering they are an investment company, one would assume the time to cash in is now when the stadium, training ground, brand awareness (at least a little from getting to the CL final) is in place.

The alternative would surely be to happily bleed us as fans from the matchday and TV revenues without actually needing to aspire to win titles.

Oh, and it would have been kinda funny if Henry and co. had never bought Liverpool and that club was allowed to fester and drift into the Irish Sea/irrelevance as it was on track to.
:dier:

Okay, fair enough. I may be letting the whole Moneyball thing cloud my judgement (and I visited Fenway Park in October, funnily enough) - I know they didn't actually get Billy Bean but they adopted the philosophy and above all else I see their current running of Liverpool as having a long term plan and sticking to it.

To be perfectly honest, the way I see us moving forward is some mega money investor/consortium taking us off ENIC's hands. They tow the party line of 'we're not looking to sell' but considering they are an investment company, one would assume the time to cash in is now when the stadium, training ground, brand awareness (at least a little from getting to the CL final) is in place.

The alternative would surely be to happily bleed us as fans from the matchday and TV revenues without actually needing to aspire to win titles.

Oh, and it would have been kinda funny if Henry and co. had never bought Liverpool and that club was allowed to fester and drift into the Irish Sea/irrelevance as it was on track to.

It's a fucking shame ENIC didn't buy Liverpool instead of Spurs

I don't think ENIC will sell, really, not at least until after Lewis passes. Not because he's sentimental, but just because I can't see anyone paying enough to make it worth his while. I think when Lewis is gone Levy buys enough of his stake off his heirs to own the club outright himself. Maybe it's not what some want, but that's the most likely scenario I think.

So Utd have Solskjaer, Chelsea have Lampard and Woolwich have Arteta. New trend is hiring an ex player who is an inexperienced manager

Who should our guy be. Scotty Parker?:parker:

TELEMMGLPICT000183226825_trans%2B%2BFQfAtbbiWQ9LTv4s2yIts0qYa2XVelIiyRupMUdnp24.jpeg

The answer to this is: Mauricio Pochettino!

Let’s do a Real Madrid and get this legend back. See what Zidane did for them this season. I’ll all up for giving Mourinho a shot but I’m feeling very glum since the restart especially as I believe we have a lot of really good attacking players in our team. I think Mourinho will need to clear house whereas I think Poch might actually get playing football again

Back
Top Bottom