Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
It’s not going to be pretty but looking at the tail end of the season, Chelsea have a tough two final games (although Liverpool will probably have the title wrapped up well before that game), we also potentially have two tough games in the the final bunch but Man U, a side from their last game, have a string of very winnable games in April and May especially if they have no cup games in between. Our game against them in March will be very important because if they’re within a few points of fourth, they’ll be fancying themselves to clinch it. Good thing that we’ve played 4 of the other “top 6” teams away from home, although that Chelsea game didn’t inspire confidence. In the end, no one team from 4-8 look dead set for fourth.

We need to view top 4 as a bonus not a right. Anyway it’s not like we suddenly spend loads when we get CL football. Based on what we have invested Poch pulled off miracles getting CL footy 4 years in a row and I don’t expect Jose with the hand he has been given to get us back this season.

we do it great. But either way ENIC need to properly invest in the playing squad now, stadium is done, no excuse CL or no CL. The prem is getting more and more competitive, we could have a top 8 or top 10 soon with the money around.

It’s not going to be pretty but looking at the tail end of the season, Chelsea have a tough two final games (although Liverpool will probably have the title wrapped up well before that game), we also potentially have two tough games in the the final bunch but Man U, a side from their last game, have a string of very winnable games in April and May especially if they have no cup games in between. Our game against them in March will be very important because if they’re within a few points of fourth, they’ll be fancying themselves to clinch it. Good thing that we’ve played 4 of the other “top 6” teams away from home, although that Chelsea game didn’t inspire confidence. In the end, no one team from 4-8 look dead set for fourth.
But we don't look like beating any of the top six sides at home or away.

We need to view top 4 as a bonus not a right. Anyway it’s not like we suddenly spend loads when we get CL football. Based on what we have invested Poch pulled off miracles getting CL footy 4 years in a row and I don’t expect Jose with the hand he has been given to get us back this season.

we do it great. But either way ENIC need to properly invest in the playing squad now, stadium is done, no excuse CL or no CL. The prem is getting more and more competitive, we could have a top 8 or top 10 soon with the money around.
Nothing will change unless levy and co sell up

It's gonna be tough- we really blew it losing to Chelsea at home and drawing Norwich. The biggest thing I worry about losing CL is losing Kane. ENIC/Levy must spend in Jan to address CDM/RB if they want to safeguard their most valuable assets on the pitch.

It's gonna be tough- we really blew it losing to Chelsea at home and drawing Norwich. The biggest thing I worry about losing CL is losing Kane. ENIC/Levy must spend in Jan to address CDM/RB if they want to safeguard their most valuable assets on the pitch.
If we were to go out and get a quality CB and RB I would be very very confident.

but it’s not going to happen. . .

EDIT: I meant CDM not CB although one of those wouldn’t go a miss either.

Last edited:
Instead of being level on points with Chelshit we have ended the weekend 5 points behind. Very disappointing

Jose has to sort out that defense and midfield and do it quick. If not forget about top 4

That Chav result today hurt us no doubt but they were shite first half and with a decent referee would probably have lost today

Disgraceful from the Scum fans though as the ground was emptying after the Chavs second goal with about 20 mins to go

9 off 4th now. I wouldn’t be beating ourselves up too much about today. Christmas finished off our Top 4 chances. If we’d picked up those 5 dropped points against Norwich and Southampton and even drawn at home with Chavs, we’d be 1 point off 4th.

Pathetic situation from where we were top three to now mid table the legacy that levy has built for us.
And 189 people in the Levy thread still think he's doing a fine job!

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom