Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
The next match is the decider to me, win Sunday and I’m confident of top 4
Next Sunday has suddenly taken in gigantic proportions.... Momentum is with us.....

But it's Chelsea so you know they'll turn up.... I reckon their players will be 10 times more up for beating Jose than our boys will be just to beat Chelsea.....

The possibility of beating Mourhino might prove the inspiration for Chelski.....

Next Sunday has suddenly taken in gigantic proportions.... Momentum is with us.....

But it's Chelsea so you know they'll turn up.... I reckon their players will be 10 times more up for beating Jose than our boys will be just to beat Chelsea.....

The possibility of beating Mourhino might prove the inspiration for Chelski.....
I’m more confident for this than I should be, just reckon Jose has worked out fat frank and we will play them off the park!

Still hard to get top 4 but Mourinho will be wanting a defensive midfielder, a striker, and a defender I suspect. He knows where we are lacking.

He will also want more from Ndombele, challenge Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Foyth to make him play them and tell the press that certain players can leave and should leave.

Maybe the one thing for example that will get Rose ans Eriksen out is knowing they need playing time before the summer Euros. Them and a vdry unfortunate Wanyama, who unlike Lamela was special for a whole season.

Too early to call 4th and even 3rd and 2nd places.

At the moment I'd say its going to be a scramble for those three positions between Leicester, ManCity, Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves, ManU and even one or two surprises such as Sheffield United whilst the likes of Woolwich are not out of it if their change of manger works out for them. And given how tight the league is, anyone currently from 2nd place to about 14th could have a chance.

We have a very decent chance, just need to get some consistent wins - probably need to win 75% of points to get the same number of points as last year when we got 4th.

Happy we are so close to top 4 but despite improving our position in the league it is difficult to have confidence in the team's ability to get it. We simply are not the team that achieved top 4 for 3 years in a row.

Happy we are so close to top 4 but despite improving our position in the league it is difficult to have confidence in the team's ability to get it. We simply are not the team that achieved top 4 for 3 years in a row.

We won 6 out of Pochettino’s last 24 league games, with no away win in last 12. Haven’t been tearing up any trees performance wise since the managerial change but we’ve won 5 out of 7 under Mourinho, including 2 wins out of 3 on the road. Granted, we were abysmal in the two head to heads against the sides we’re vying with for Top 4 but there’s more consistency to our results now in that we’re back to beating the teams we’d expect to beat. Chavs have lost 5 of their last 7 including 3 consecutive home defeats to Spammers, Bournemouth and Southampton. Man U going in to today were in 8th and had picked up 10 points from 33 in 11 games against sides below them 9-20.

I see Leicester are losing 0-4 at home to the Bin Dippers. We’re 10 points behind them but I suspect they are going to fall away badly second half of season. Despite all our limitations. I’d still expect and would be confident enough of Top 4 and a 3rd place finish could be attainable yet.

When we get above Chelsea on the table, watch the media go into overdrive again about how we are going to miss out on the CL by finishing 4th with Chelsea winning the CL and Man Utd winning the EL.

Back
Top Bottom