James Maddison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And forget whether he's good enough, I don't think he's really a like for like at all.

Maddison is our long-awaited Eriksen successor, and even absent all of the problems, Lo Celso never was on his best day.

System-wise GLC did seem to fit with what was going on around him during pre-season..... Which makes sense given Ange's 1 system/not necessarily like-for-like players mantra......

Will GLC get snuffed out in the EPL is an other discussion.

How long do MCL strains take to heal?

A grade 1 (mild) MCL tear usually heals within one to three weeks.

A grade 2 (moderate) MCL tear generally takes four to six weeks to heal with treatment.

A grade 3 (severe) MCL tear can take six weeks or more to heal with treatment

Assumption is its prob grade 1 , so definitely not playing against B'Mouth. No need to risk him and games we should be able to manage, so back for Sheff united game 16 th Sept (hopefully excluded from playing shitty euro qualifier ukraine match, he wont be missed in that Eng have enough to beat em)

As I'm reading it, you're asking about a STRAIN and then quoting regarding TEARS, or am I missing something?

It seems to me that the questions rather is how severe the strain is, and it therefore follows whether we'd want to risk it turning into a tear?

System-wise GLC did seem to fit with what was going on around him during pre-season..... Which makes sense given Ange's 1 system/not necessarily like-for-like players mantra......

Will GLC get snuffed out in the EPL is an other discussion.
Looks like he's our best option for Saturday in any event, I guess we get the chance to find out.

Absolute scenes when it's a Skipp-Bissouma-PEH midfield :ange-lol:

As I'm reading it, you're asking about a STRAIN and then quoting regarding TEARS, or am I missing something?

It seems to me that the questions rather is how severe the strain is, and it therefore follows whether we'd want to risk it turning into a tear?
What is a Sprain?

A sprain occurs when you overstretch or tear a ligament, which are the tissues that hold together your bones and provides support for them.

It depends on the severity , we have been given no indication on that only that its not the worst case scenario

Typically, grade 1s are not actual tears, they are just overstretched tendons/ligaments/muscles.

If you try to play on a grade 1 without giving it a little rest, you can often tear it easier.

Typically, grade 1s are not actual tears, they are just overstretched tendons/ligaments/muscles.

If you try to play on a grade 1 without giving it a little rest, you can often tear it easier.
The sort of thing that he'd be sure to play on if it was the Champions League Final, but it would just be stupid to play on in August of a new, long season.

What is a Sprain?

A sprain occurs when you overstretch or tear a ligament, which are the tissues that hold together your bones and provides support for them.

It depends on the severity , we have been given no indication on that only that its not the worst case scenario
Grade 3 sprains or a complete tear almost always require surgery.....

What is a Sprain?

Okay, but the reports are saying strain, not sprain.

PEH with the superior G&A rate in a Spurs shirt......... Jus' sayin'. :harrysmile:

If we had less need to get rid of his wages/contract, it might actually not be a bad idea to keep PEH as 5th choice CM and 3rd choice CAM right now. Devine could probably do that too but it'd be better for him to go on loan.

Elton John your song

It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside
Its not one of those who can easily hide
He wasn’t much money, but, boy, he’s the real deal
We have the best stadium where you could live

He’s our magician , heh, he runs the show
He scores free kick’s and sets up goals
I know it's not much, but it's the best we can do
This is your song, and this one's for you

And you can tell everybody we have Maddison
He plays it simple, and his foot is a wand
I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words