Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was fine. Everybody seemed to get him confused with Nicolas Lombaerts for some reason.

Anyway, just came in here to post that after watching him captain Belgium today , it has reaffirmed my belief that he needs to be our captain now.

He was constantly shouting orders and organising the defence, and whilst Daws is a good captain, i've never seen him be as active on the pitch as Jan was today.

We are not as good as the big teams around , without Hazard or Kompany we lack WC players but making it to Brasil is an achievement already considering we ve been without a big tournament for so long now. And we play pretty boring but efficient football.

Jan did step up and replace kompany as our leader with class today.

:vert:

BUyVhIlCEAAEhu0.jpg:large

:adeohshit::vdvhmm::sandro::baeshock::chadliwtf::townhmm::lamelashock::bentley: ... :gomes:

:dawsonlol:

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho unhappy with Jan Vertonghen after Tottenham draw
Last Updated: September 29, 2013 11:34am

Jose Mourinho believes Jan Vertonghen was to blame for Fernando Torres getting sent off during Chelsea's 1-1 draw at Tottenham Hotspur.

Torres was dismissed in the 81st minute and the Blues were left to hang on for a draw after John Terry cancelled out Gylfi Sigurdsson's opener for Spurs.

Mourinho felt the momentum had been with Chelsea before referee Mike Dean's decision to give the Spaniard a second yellow card following an innocuous aerial collision with Vertonghen.

Mourinho was unhappy with Vertonghen's reaction and also pointed to the Spurs defender's tug on Nicklas Helenius' shorts in the Capital One Cup match against Aston Villa in midweek, which went unpunished and meant he was available to face Chelsea.

"Football is football and things happen which we don't know why. At that time we were much better and stronger, they were in trouble," said Mourinho.

"When I arrived here in 2004 I had players arriving from other countries and I had to educate them because England is England and other countries are other countries. In other countries people say the guy is clever and the guy is intelligent because he pretends it's a penalty or a red card. Not in England, that's not what I learned here.

"That's why I don't think the referee is guilty, he made the wrong decision but he trusts the player. When you see the player with his hand on his face and pretending it was a violent action the natural tendency is to follow and make the decision.

"It was a situation where the player wasn't helping the referee. He's a fantastic player but he's a special guy because three days ago he left the player naked against Aston Villa. It wasn't a penalty or a red card and he shouldn't have played today, he should have been suspended from a red card against Villa. Today he changed the game, I'm not happy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...appy-with-jan-vertonghen-after-tottenham-draw

Bloody hell... is this Belgian DISGRACE(c) J.Mourinho still at our club??
GET HIM OFF THE BOOKS ASAP, don't want filth like him tarnishing our good name!!

#TORRESISINNOCENT
#JANHADHISSFACETOOCLOSE

Despicable really but hardly surprising - the Spanish ogre clawed at his face in what could well have been classified as assault yet it's Vert's fault

Speecheless

:dawsonlol:

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho unhappy with Jan Vertonghen after Tottenham draw
Last Updated: September 29, 2013 11:34am

Jose Mourinho believes Jan Vertonghen was to blame for Fernando Torres getting sent off during Chelsea's 1-1 draw at Tottenham Hotspur.

Torres was dismissed in the 81st minute and the Blues were left to hang on for a draw after John Terry cancelled out Gylfi Sigurdsson's opener for Spurs.

Mourinho felt the momentum had been with Chelsea before referee Mike Dean's decision to give the Spaniard a second yellow card following an innocuous aerial collision with Vertonghen.

Mourinho was unhappy with Vertonghen's reaction and also pointed to the Spurs defender's tug on Nicklas Helenius' shorts in the Capital One Cup match against Aston Villa in midweek, which went unpunished and meant he was available to face Chelsea.

"Football is football and things happen which we don't know why. At that time we were much better and stronger, they were in trouble," said Mourinho.

"When I arrived here in 2004 I had players arriving from other countries and I had to educate them because England is England and other countries are other countries. In other countries people say the guy is clever and the guy is intelligent because he pretends it's a penalty or a red card. Not in England, that's not what I learned here.

"That's why I don't think the referee is guilty, he made the wrong decision but he trusts the player. When you see the player with his hand on his face and pretending it was a violent action the natural tendency is to follow and make the decision.

"It was a situation where the player wasn't helping the referee. He's a fantastic player but he's a special guy because three days ago he left the player naked against Aston Villa. It wasn't a penalty or a red card and he shouldn't have played today, he should have been suspended from a red card against Villa. Today he changed the game, I'm not happy."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...appy-with-jan-vertonghen-after-tottenham-draw

The man is an utter cheese whistle, its like he's been replaced by a spoof version - or have i forgotten that he was this cunty previously?

El Niño fights like La Niña. He tried to get a reaction from Jan in a failed attempt to get him sent off. Jan had to show him how it's done.

:chicco:

please can we get a gif a couple minutes after the claw incident where the ball went out for a throwing and jan pushed torres with one finger and he went flying about 20 yards

I can't say that I liked him on the ground holding his face.
Who, Jan or Torres?

The ball hit Jan somewhat unexpectedly in a painful area of the forehead. He was very briefly stunned, unsure of exactly what had struck him. More than what happened to "The Boy" who, in a fit of agony, was rolling on the floor clutching his face just as injuredly. Dog-eat-dog world. Jan won.

Who, Jan or Torres?

The ball hit Jan somewhat unexpectedly in a painful area of the forehead. He was very briefly stunned, unsure of exactly what had struck him. More than what happened to "The Boy" who, in a fit of agony, was rolling on the floor clutching his face just as injuredly. Dog-eat-dog world. Jan won.
This is the second time I've heard this and I don't know what game you were watching.

The ball had already bounced for fucks sake.
Jan pretended to be hurt to get Torres sent off, let's not kid ourselves here. I still love the guy, but I didn't like that from him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom