January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

^ Remy is a bit too injury prone. Also, in 9 games so far this season he's got 0 goals & 0 assists. Wether that's down to injury I don't know! ...If not, could see his value drop rapidly though.

What about that Isco chap? Or Will.i.An?

Love the Will.I.An joke :adegrin:

Isco is, in my opinion, one of the hottest properties in the transfer market. As a Malaga fan and member, I highly rate Isco (this is based on actually watching the games, not just compilations on YouTube), although, getting a player of that calibre is pretty impossible for us as a club as all the big clubs have wanted him for a while. If the Al-Thani family decide to put money into Malaga and Malaga get top 4 again (btw.. we're top of our group in the CL) then they have a chance to keep him at the club. Malaga has a nice group of players and several of the young ones have exposed their qualities this season (probably due to Cazorla not dominating the headlines in Spain), they're a progressing club and Isco is the kind of player that has the potential to be one of the world 11.

Although assuming my dream of somehow getting Isco becomes a reality, I created this...

iscospurs.png

Wesley Sneijder has got to be worth looking at??!!
I'm not so sure Danny... He's 28, he's got a track record of injuries, he's on massive wages, and from what I understand he can be a disruptive element in the dressing room. I would rather we looked at someone up and coming who might stay here for more than a couple of years and has his best footballing years ahead of him, not behind him.

I'm not so sure Danny... He's 28, he's got a track record of injuries, he's on massive wages, and from what I understand he can be a disruptive element in the dressing room. I would rather we looked at someone up and coming who might stay here for more than a couple of years and has his best footballing years ahead of him, not behind him.
Apart from the disruptive part...

Rafael-Van-der-Vaart-006.jpg

I'm a fan of 28 year old injury prone Dutchmen on big wages. I really fucking miss him.

We've already signed Sigurdsson.....

I have high hopes for Sigurdsson and have been genuinely excited about his purchase.

There is no denying he hasnt performed at all yet, but I saw enough of him at Reading and Swansea to think we could have our "Lampard" for years to come

:)

I think he could fulfill that role for us, I really do. Maybe not 20 goals a season and that but he could be that type of player for us

I dont think he was having a dig at Spurs , i d think he just wanted to have a friendly quote to make him popular and less like a money grabbing whore when he does decide to leave.
Italian football , its all a big mess really

A bid for Sniejder is not going to happen.

Bring back Darren Bent....no, wait. Don't.

Isco looks superb. Is it something that is viable or would be be usurped by CL club?

Apart from the disruptive part...

Rafael-Van-der-Vaart-006.jpg

I'm a fan of 28 year old injury prone Dutchmen on big wages. I really fucking miss him.
I'm a fan of that 28 year old injury prone dutchman as well, he did however have no where near the wages sneijder is currently on. We would most likely have to add another one and a half Ade sized bill to our current one, and that's not really healthy!

Blanchflower Blanchflower I might have phrased that young and up coming a little vaguely. What I should've said is someone up and coming that's already proved he can be at a european/Libertadores(we've seen what that can give us with Sandro) cup competition level. Others have mentioned Isco and he fits what I meant, although we shouldn't necessarily go for him.

I'm a fan of that 28 year old injury prone dutchman as well, he did however have no where near the wages sneijder is currently on. We would most likely have to add another one and a half Ade sized bill to our current one, and that's not really healthy!

Blanchflower Blanchflower I might have phrased that young and up coming a little vaguely. What I should've said is someone up and coming that's already proved he can be at a european/Libertadores(we've seen what that can give us with Sandro) cup competition level. Others have mentioned Isco and he fits what I meant, although we shouldn't necessarily go for him.
When was the last time we bought a first team starter from a champions league club in one of the big leagues? Isco is highly unlikely. If we buy from that kind of club, it has to be bench warmers like VDV.

I have high hopes for Sigurdsson and have been genuinely excited about his purchase.

There is no denying he hasnt performed at all yet, but I saw enough of him at Reading and Swansea to think we could have our "Lampard" for years to come

Jesus, he doesn't do Charlie as well does he...?

When was the last time we bought a first team starter from a champions league club in one of the big leagues? Isco is highly unlikely. If we buy from that kind of club, it has to be bench warmers like VDV.

Malaga and Real aren't exactly the same level but I get your point. Our situation atm is that we need to take a gamble and buy players like Isco before they are too established. Once they are performing well in the CL we don't stand a chance.

Isco's a little different because he's a rising star still on a disproportionately low salary. If he signs a new deal with Malaga then forget it, but it hasn't gone through yet and his release clause is still reasonable.

Also he can do this:

isco_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Isco's a little different because he's a rising star still on a disproportionately low salary. If he signs a new deal with Malaga then forget it, but it hasn't gone through yet and his release clause is still reasonable.

Also he can do this:

isco_o_gifsoup-com.gif
Let us not forget Malaga's financial woes, as well.

That gif. Holy shit.

Back
Top Bottom