January 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let us not forget Malaga's financial woes, as well.

That gif. Holy shit.
I think the window of opportunity has closed in terms of their financial troubles, since they sold Cazorla and a few others on high wages and qualified for the group stages of the CL. Their billionaire owner may also have stopped completely ignoring them.

If the risk (price) is actually high, then absolutely not. If the price tag is like 5 mil or less then sure.

Ive never seen him play before, those videos certainly make him interesting though.

Looks good in the air, good shot on either foot, links well around the box, composed and physically very strong. All attributes that lead to a good premiership striker.

Of course its a youtube video and even Razsiak can pass as a footballer on there!

He is young and beginning to solidify his form...his most serious flaw is being unable to perform internationally. I don't know if he gets better service at the club level or what, but his season stats so far are tasty. :ledleylick:

He is young and beginning to solidify his form...his most serious flaw is being unable to perform internationally. I don't know if he gets better service at the club level or what, but his season stats so far are tasty. :ledleylick:

It's not just internationally, he has never performed well at the club level before AZ, so the usual caveats about Eredivise strikers will inevitably jump to mind. In his favor you're right that he is at least still relatively young. I hope his time there is improving his touch and technique, which has always looked sub-par.

Eredevisie strikers, you say?
tKwpw.jpg

I don't know if I would take the chance on Jozy. He has disappointed me on every level from his days in the MLS with New York, the sporadic appearances for Villareal and Hull City and most of all the US National team. I guess for 3 million or so, it doesn't hurt as he is still young and he is really starting to hit his stride.

Kaka would be fun, and the rumours about him playing for us have been so strong, there might have been some truth in them. Redknapp talked about "a big one" that we tried to sign om deadline day about a year ago. Özil? No way.

Back
Top Bottom